UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I was just thinking about my 1st two UFC fights

2/8/13 10:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Sean McCorkle - And about how Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve is a pretty tough first 2 fights. I was wondering if you guys can think of any other heavyweights who weren't already established stars (Cro Cop, Lesnar etc) who had a tougher first two fights in the UFC?

Mus Al Turk got Kongo than Cro Crop. Doesn't to be half Arabic and looki like a terrorist, I knew the head scarf and TNT was a bad call.

You need to stop dwelling in the past and think about the colossal fights your going to have in the future

good advice.
2/8/13 10:58 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Sean McCorkle - And about how Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve is a pretty tough first 2 fights. I was wondering if you guys can think of any other heavyweights who weren't already established stars (Cro Cop, Lesnar etc) who had a tougher first two fights in the UFC?

Mus Al Turk got Kongo than Cro Crop. Doesn't to be half Arabic and looki like a terrorist, I knew the head scarf and TNT was a bad call.

You need to stop dwelling in the past and think about the colossal fights your going to have in the future

"Colossal"

implying a fight between you 2

I see what you're doing there!!!

2/8/13 2:00 PM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -

Sean, stop.

Stop it right meow.

Hilarious lol Phone Post
2/8/13 3:18 PM
UGCTT_MMArijuana666
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -

Sean, stop.

Stop it right meow.

Yepp. Phone Post
2/8/13 3:24 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustapha al Turk fought cro cop and Kongo Phone Post
2/8/13 3:49 PM
jmont

Chupacabro - Liz Carmouche Phone Post
Good one Phone Post
2/8/13 4:06 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where did Sean go anyways? In for a follow-up post. I also think a McCorkle - Thompson match could be fun! As long as Sean's gastank doesn't drain before Colossus' ear does...
2/8/13 5:07 PM
DubsAli
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least someone is thinking about your UFC fights.
2/8/13 5:12 PM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gabriel Gonzaga himself...Not just the first 2 fights...All of his fights.
2/8/13 6:48 PM
Herecomesthejester
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for trash talk Phone Post
2/8/13 7:00 PM
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork

yellow c0ckahlc - 

Sean, stop.

Stop it right meow.

This....

Insert looping track of Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" HERE.....
2/8/13 7:21 PM
Neil McCauley

mcorkcle have you considered doing a james thompson book review?
2/8/13 7:51 PM
Mega Colossus
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - mcorkcle have you considered doing a james thompson book review?

What a good idea. I'm half way though I'm going to write a preempted chapter in it called "Colossus crushes McCardio" and than you get to McCardio can review it. Great idea Neil, up vote 

2/8/13 8:12 PM
demonsurge
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has to be Al Turk, both Kongo and Crocop had hype behind them.
2/8/13 9:17 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCorkle you def did not have it easy. Won some nice change when you beat Hunt, thanks again! Phone Post
2/9/13 2:28 AM
knuckleballs

RockyBullwinkle - Hunt and Struve? That's nothing. Yuji Nagat's 1st 2 fights ever were against Cro Cop and Fedor.

Might also explain why he's only had 2 fights.

Yuji's fight record is a thing of amazement.... and utter cruelty.
2/9/13 10:44 AM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's tough for sure. I suppose it's a trade off. You also debuted on the main card of a PPV which must translate to better sponsor dollars. Phone Post
2/9/13 2:54 PM
Sean McCorkle
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing how almost everyone on this thread missed the "already established star" part. You can't count people like Bigfoot who had a win over Fedor before coming in. Geniuses
2/9/13 2:56 PM
Sean McCorkle
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Neil McCauley - mcorkcle have you considered doing a james thompson book review?

What a good idea. I'm half way though I'm going to write a preempted chapter in it called "Colossus crushes McCardio" and than you get to McCardio can review it. Great idea Neil, up vote 

If you put a chapter in the book about you beating me in a fight it'll have to immediately be moved from the Non fiction/biography section to the fiction/fantasy section in the book store
2/9/13 4:19 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Once again Gilbert Yvel got JDS and Ben Rothwell when NONE of them were 'well established'.

There were pretty many legit examples to be honest. Phone Post
2/9/13 4:44 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^IMO Gilbert Yvel was VERY well established thru all his fights in Pride
2/9/13 4:53 PM
-FC-
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle -
Mega Colossus - 

If you put a chapter in the book about you beating me in a fight it'll have to immediately be moved from the Non fiction/biography section to the fiction/fantasy section in the book store
Lmao. Phone Post
2/9/13 5:54 PM
Blunderhooks
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the wrong question to get at the idea.

What we should be asking is, "who was the easiest fighter the UFC COULD have matched up with McCorkle at the time?"

ie, of the fighters available, which one was ranked dead last? I think Hunt probably fit the bill very well at the time. Phone Post
2/9/13 7:22 PM
DanSyndrome
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modesty is currency sean.
2/9/13 7:48 PM
Puntsized

Based on their performances lately, both Struve and Hunt are looking good!  It wasn't too long ago that Struve was considered to have a "glass jaw".

I do remember thinking that Struve was going to give you fits, and bet fairly heavy on him.  I do believe he was a favorite though.... does anyone remember what the betting odds were?

I met both Sean and Ben Rothwell in Auburn Hills, MI.  Both were just walking around the arena, and were extremely friendly to all.  I've been a fan since Sean, and I hope all is going well on your end. 

What are your future plans?  Any fights upcoming?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.