UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I was just thinking about my 1st two UFC fights

2/9/13 8:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigBadBrabs
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this a new attempt to get to the big leagues via a sympathy vote?
2/9/13 8:48 PM
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle - 
Mega Colossus - 
Neil McCauley - mcorkcle have you considered doing a james thompson book review?

What a good idea. I'm half way though I'm going to write a preempted chapter in it called "Colossus crushes McCardio" and than you get to McCardio can review it. Great idea Neil, up vote 

If you put a chapter in the book about you beating me in a fight it'll have to immediately be moved from the Non fiction/biography section to the fiction/fantasy section in the book store

I think you might be right. I'm starting to think your about as up for fighting me as Stephen Hawking is up for trying to moon walk.
2/9/13 9:08 PM
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The answer to this thread is Yuji Nagata Phone Post
2/9/13 9:10 PM
Puntsized
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Sean McCorkle - 
Mega Colossus - 
Neil McCauley - mcorkcle have you considered doing a james thompson book review?

What a good idea. I'm half way though I'm going to write a preempted chapter in it called "Colossus crushes McCardio" and than you get to McCardio can review it. Great idea Neil, up vote 

If you put a chapter in the book about you beating me in a fight it'll have to immediately be moved from the Non fiction/biography section to the fiction/fantasy section in the book store

I think you might be right. I'm starting to think your about as up for fighting me as Stephen Hawking is up for trying to moon walk.

This James Thompson is entertaining :)

2/9/13 10:04 PM
TeeJayCFC

What about your post UFC fight with Brian Heden? Any excuses for that one? Teammate of mine Brett Murphy just handled Heden pretty easy..
2/9/13 10:06 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -

Sean, stop.

Stop it right meow.

. Phone Post
2/9/13 10:39 PM
stonepony

Well, Brock is definitely at the top of the list. He has faced a higher average level of competition than anyone in MMA ever has. Probably boxing too. He had one feeling-out fight, where the guy tapped from fear, and then he was fighting at the top in the UFC. Frank Mir is still a top contender today, former champion, and Brock was smashing him in his UFC debut. We'll probably never see that again. Not unless it's some freak like 25 year old Hershel Walker coming out of the NFL in their prime.

Hunt and Struuve has to be up there though, for hardest first two fights.
2/9/13 10:56 PM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one tops Moti Horenstein. Weighing in at maybe 215, he first fought Mark Coleman, who was in his prime and then in his follow up he got to welcome Mark Kerr, also in his prime, to the UFC.

No one else is even close
2/9/13 11:42 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Rothwell had a tough gauntlet in his UFC fights.

Cain V
Gilbert Yvel
Mark Hunt
2/10/13 12:03 AM
Jaybrone
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock had a much tougher road. Yes he was famous but it wasn't for anything he had done in MMA.

2/10/13 12:11 AM
Jaybrone
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDF tm -  Moti Horenstien. Fought prime Mark Coleman then Prime Mark Kerr Phone Post

ouch

2/10/13 1:06 AM
confusionSay
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 

Collosus> McCorckle each and every day
2/10/13 1:19 AM
FlyingSubsOnly

to be honest.. you're 1-2 record leading to a cut was BS. I'm not even a fan of yours really, but guys have stuck around going 0-4 and you marketed yourself well, lots of people knew you despite not having a huge name.

Anyway, JDS probably had the hardest two opening fights imo.
2/10/13 2:37 AM
MMFT
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You talked your way into the Struve fight and hunt was not established in the ufc at point. Put that bottle down, homie.
2/10/13 4:33 AM
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - i would have said cole konrad, but hes retired

You can say Cole Konrad since we're talking about McCardio favorite subject . The past.

2/10/13 4:36 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
big_roy_fan - i would have said cole konrad, but hes retired

You can say Cole Konrad since we're talking about McCardio favorite subject . The past.

That was fucking clever lol.
2/10/13 4:52 AM
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell - The answer to this thread is Yuji Nagata Phone Post
Again for emphasis... Phone Post
2/11/13 2:21 AM
TACKLE
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinJ - 
TACKLE - 

I was never in the UFC, but my first two fights were against Eric Pele and Tim Sylvia. Tough enough.

Dude you have to tell the story about falling out of the ring against Tim

I will try to tell you what I recall, just remember that I stopped my fall to the concrete with the top of my head.

That said, I had him pushed against the ropes (I outweighed him by about 100 pounds) and I was trying to crush his face with my fists when the ropes started to collapse. I remember rolling to my left to avoid the fall, spinning out over the top rope which was at this point just below waist level, and falling out. 

After that I remember scraping my face on the edge of a piece of wood that was leaning against the ring, and then what felt like an explosion. After that I woke up strapped to a gurney and my coach told me I had woke up fighitng twice. 

Timmah somehow stayed in the ring, and was awarded the win.

I was checked out at the hospital and told I had a minor concussion. 

That was a long time ago. 

2/11/13 12:50 PM
tbarchard
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDF tm - Moti Horenstien. Fought prime Mark Coleman then Prime Mark Kerr Phone Post
This.... Phone Post
2/11/13 4:11 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
herwil10 - Dos Santos had Werdum and Struve for his 1st and 2nd UFC fights. And he was far from a star.

Good call

Yep.

In fact it was said that Werdum lost to a chump afterward.

I heard "Werdumed" as if to say a fighter could lose if he didn't take his opponent seriously as was thought by Fabricio losing to JDS and losing his job.

Hindsight says Werdum lost to a bad motherfucker.

But back then he got cut for it.

In hindsight many a fighter has faced tough foes who were not known commodities yet or had not had their big moments.

If you watched JDS-Werdum and saw JDS as a star you are alone.

Most saw Werdum out of shape losing a fight he was favored to win.

McCorkle is correct that he faced two tough guys for sure. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.