UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks on GSP: 'You're an idiot'

2/8/13 8:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Johny Hendricks is the #1 contender at Welterweight.

Wins streaks are the determining factor in MMA, and Hendricks is on a five-fight streak, facing a murderer's row in his last three:
•Beat then #2 ranked welterweight Jon Fitch in 12 second by KO; then,
•Beat #5 ranked Josh Koscheck by Split Decision; then,
•Beat then #3 ranked Martin Kampmann in 46 seconds by KO.

After the last fight, he announced in the ring that he wanted a shot at UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and was willing to wait.

When GSP instead took a fight with Nick Diaz, it didn't sit well with Hendricks. Then during UFC 158 media call GSP said that he thought Diaz was more deserving than Hendricks, because he thought Hendricks lost to Koscheck, who GSP had in turn defeated.

Hendricks reply was blunt.

"Really?! You're an idiot," said Hendricks on MMAmania's Verbal Submission podcast. "He said that Condit really did beat Nick Diaz, know what I'm saying? He said, 'I'm fighting the true number one contender Carlos Condit,' and now, he's going backtracking and saying, 'Well, I think [Hendricks] lost.' Who cares? You don't get to decide. He's not a judge. He's not a judge. He's a fighter. He's paid to fight and he's paid to fight me.

"The fact that he was able to ask and get this request [to fight Diaz], the only thing this is, is it gives me more drive. It's not like I didn't have enough but what's gonna happen is, whenever I look across the cage, he's not going to see fear. He's not gonna see anything. All I want to do is I want to fight him. I want to look across and see GSP and that might be something he's not used to. I don't know. I don't know why he didn't take the fight but I guess I wouldn't want to fight me as well."

Hendricks fights Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158 on March 16, 2013. Headlinging the card will be George St-Pierre v. Nick Diaz.

Read entire article...

What do you think:
•Do you think Koscheck won?
•Did Hendricks get stepped over unfairly?
•If Hendricks beats Ellenberger, could he be overlooked again?

2/8/13 8:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to seeing Hendricks get his ass sat down. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:18 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't matter who we think won. It shouldn't matter who GSP thinks won either. Especially when GSP stated that Carlos won and said so repeatedly leading up to that fight and the flip flopped. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:21 AM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And people say Weidman's running his mouth. At least he keeps it respectful. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:23 AM
KingOfFighters

gsp deserves to a fight he wants, as he's never asked for a specific one, but hendricks is correct.
2/8/13 8:28 AM
Lazer MMA

He short changed himself in the argument! GSP said Condit DID win, and this was sourced by a poster in another thread; therefore, "Hendricks lost to Koscheck" and not wanting to fight him for that reason is moot as he's fighting a guy who he admitted lost his last prior anyway.
2/8/13 8:28 AM
MarkRobinson
1137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP has wanted to fight Diaz since before Diaz/condit. He's never turned down a Contender or tried to challenge the legitimacy of their contention.

He deserves to choose Diaz, who is a top contender.

Hendricks has been crying non-stop. It's really made me dislike the guy. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:29 AM
Lazer MMA

KingOfFighters - gsp deserves to a fight he wants, as he's never asked for a specific one, but hendricks is correct.

Wrong and wrong

He did ask and was granted Diaz, and NO CHAMP "deserves to a fight (who) he wants"
2/8/13 8:32 AM
zebers3
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeahhh, kinda hoping that Ellenberger beats Hendricks.
2/8/13 8:34 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he lost to Kos, but it doesnt matter what I think, the judges gave him the verdict and he should be fighting GSP. 

2/8/13 8:42 AM
Ip Man 81

Lazer MMA -
KingOfFighters - gsp deserves to a fight he wants, as he's never asked for a specific one, but hendricks is correct.

Wrong and wrong

He did ask and was granted Diaz, and NO CHAMP "deserves to a fight (who) he wants"
Wrong..... Your not the big man so don't act like it. Dana pretty much makes the rules, so if he makes a match up then that's the way it goes. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:48 AM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Problem is, being so mad at GSP might make Johnny look past a dangerous opponent like Ellenberger. He needs to keep his focus on whoever is in front of him.

2/8/13 8:49 AM
TuLegit

Hendricks annoys me. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:50 AM
Lazer MMA

Ip Man 81 - 
Lazer MMA -

Wrong and wrong

Wrong..... Your not the big man so don't act like it. Dana pretty much makes the rules, so if he makes a match up then that's the way it goes. Phone Post

Dana admitted that he's making the fight because GSP deserves to pick in this case. 0/10

Further do not address the poster who is making an argument. Address the argument being posted. Stop acting like a child.
2/8/13 8:54 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Agree 100%!with Hendricks. GSP is STRAIGHT DUCKING. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:00 AM
M_Creepy35

I hate the fact that Nick gets the shot coming off a loss. When Johny Hendricks has won 5 straight with 3 KOTN awards. And also GSP needs to get knocked out if he really thinks Josh beat Johny. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:02 AM
player101
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 9:04 AM
GSP v Diaz is the money fight. GSP AND the UFC wanted this fight. Its not some kind of conspiracy for GSP to avoid Johnny.
2/8/13 9:06 AM
Ip Man 81

Ip Man 81 -
Lazer MMA -

Wrong and wrong

I know GSP asked for it and that's why Dana made it but who are u to dictate who deserves what? Dana made the fight so that's the way it goes, that's the game. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:09 AM
Lazer MMA

Ip Man 81 - 
Ip Man 81 -
Lazer MMA -

Wrong and wrong

I know GSP asked for it and that's why Dana made it but who are u to dictate who deserves what? Dana made the fight so that's the way it goes, that's the game. Phone Post

I did not dictate anything! I have an opinion which is "NO CHAMP deserves to a fight (who) he wants", contradicting the poster to whom I responded to that said "gsp deserves to a fight he wants".

This because when number 1's get screwed over (again and again), no one can know who the best is no matter how sure we are.

Helax
2/8/13 9:11 AM
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see Hendricks vs Weidman for the "I'm the greatest champion you've never heard of" belt. Dudes are beyond annoying now. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:13 AM
Letibleu
1645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we wanted diaz vs gsp and he gave it to us. no matter which matchup was made we would be bitching.

I hope hamburger beats hendricks cause he is getting cocky and overlooking jake.

2/8/13 9:15 AM
robcardno

cross3dout -  I want to see Hendricks vs Weidman for the "I'm the greatest champion you've never heard of" belt. Dudes are beyond annoying now. Phone Post

Can we get Lamas in there somehow? Maybe create an intercontinental belt for these guys to fight for.
2/8/13 9:21 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robcardno - 
cross3dout -  I want to see Hendricks vs Weidman for the "I'm the greatest champion you've never heard of" belt. Dudes are beyond annoying now. Phone Post

Can we get Lamas in there somehow? Maybe create an intercontinental belt for these guys to fight for.

Lamas would corner Hendricks.  I think it would take both of them to get anywhere near close to Weidman.

2/8/13 9:22 AM
BobbyDigital420
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's about the $$$$$ Phone Post
2/8/13 9:25 AM
Wet Fish
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of you criticising him for speaking his mind. Put yourself in his position, do you still disagree? Then you are a idiot Aswell and I feel sorry for the people that have to read your posts. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.