UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks on GSP: 'You're an idiot'

2/8/13 9:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - Looking forward to seeing Hendricks get his ass sat down. Phone Post
lookin forward to him getting his shot, he will test GSP imo more than any other WW aside from Rory Phone Post
2/8/13 9:36 AM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't disagree with him, but he better be focused on ellenberger, he's a bad dude that can win this fight. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:37 AM
awesomestprime
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not that Diaz doesn't deserve it, or Hendricks doesn't deserve it..... Because they both do. But GSP can only fight one guy at a time.

And none of us know whether it's the UFC or GSP choosing Diaz over Hendricks. Maybe both?

But they're both great fights and nobody (except Hendricks and his team) should be upset about the Diaz fight.

Also, this is just my opinion but, if anyone has earned a right to "pick his opponent" it's GSP. I completely understand him wanting Diaz.
2/8/13 9:40 AM
Jone2tone
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - GSP has wanted to fight Diaz since before Diaz/condit. He's never turned down a Contender or tried to challenge the legitimacy of their contention.

He deserves to choose Diaz, who is a top contender.

Hendricks has been crying non-stop. It's really made me dislike the guy. Phone Post
Seriously. I could care less about Ellenberger, but I hope he not just beats but instead retires Hendricks. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:40 AM
UGCTT_Blaat
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens IF Hendricks loses to Jake?
What happens IF GSP loses to Diaz?

I do think Hendricks got screwed and should be fighting GSP for the belt. I have no prob watching GSP shut Diaz up after all the bs that was said and done. And the UG wanted that fight, DFW delivered, relax and enjoy the soap opera he's created! Phone Post
2/8/13 9:41 AM
RJJH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are people really saying Diaz deserves this fight with GSP? wow, you people are fucking stupid.

Hendricks is just another guy on the long list of people who have gotten the shaft by zuffa.

2/8/13 9:42 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had Koscheck winning the Hendricks fight... and it was MUCH closer than Condit/Diaz which had Carlos winning it fairly convincingly.

Either way, Hendricks has paid his dues, if he gets past Ellenberger nobody can deny he's next in line.

Hendricks, then Maia at the end of 2013, hopefully.

... I'm rooting HARD for Ellenberger, now. That whiney bullshit doesn't come off very well when a grown adult is the one spewing it.
2/8/13 9:42 AM
Jrodguy

Diaz was supposed to get the title shot way before Hendricks was even in the picture. Hendricks needs to get over himself and wait. He'll get his title shot eventually if he's as good as he thinks he is.
2/8/13 9:43 AM
Herman Munster

One trick pony Johnny picks up a couple quick KO's, nice and all, but who are we really kidding to act like this guy has done that much to be so appalled that he's been passed over.  Sorry Johnny you need to do a bit  more to get the champs interest.  I mean you were decisioned by Rick Story, barely got by TJ Grant, Mike Pierce, and Josh Koscheck... When you are not quickly KOing someone, you aren't this dominant force of a WW who unquestionably should be fighting the greatest WW over the last decade.  

GSP isn't the boss.  He may influence the boss to a small degree, but ultimately the boss agreed that Diaz is a better fight.  How about shut the fuck up and win your fuckin fight and get your shot.

GSP had earned a rematch with Matt Hughes, before BJ Penn came back from being a world traveller and put himself automatically right back into the picture, while GSP was steamrolling through the WW division to get his Hughes rematch.  GSP had to put his earned rematch and title shot on hold to deal with Penn, while Hughes defended against guys like Joe Riggs, and had meaningless bouts against Royce Gracie, Matt being allowed to extend and pad his reign as a champion.  GSP handled his business like a man, got his title shot, and has now proven himself as the best WW over the last decade.  Johnny don't have a clue.

2/8/13 9:46 AM
Jrodguy

M_Creepy35 -  I hate the fact that Nick gets the shot coming off a loss. When Johny Hendricks has won 5 straight with 3 KOTN awards. And also GSP needs to get knocked out if he really thinks Josh beat Johny. Phone Post

But Josh did beat Johny...?
2/8/13 9:48 AM
awesomestprime
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

god damn the Hendricks hate it strong in here.

I love the Diaz fight, but to say Hendricks "sucks" or hasn't earned his name in MMA is crazy talk. He's a beast.

I also have him beating Ellenberger soundly
2/8/13 9:54 AM
Herman Munster

Stephen Holder - 9 times outta 10 Hendricks beats Ellenberger but its comments like this weeks before their fight that makes me question where his focus is. After the Reem train was derailed in such a drastic fashion last weekend Jonny needs to think about the task at hand or he could get caught.

Quite frankly I think Fitch beats Hendricks 9 out of 10 times, but agree with the rest of your post.

2/8/13 10:03 AM
RPBJJ
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much money would GSP lose fighting Johnny compared to Diaz?

Like a $2 million?
2/8/13 10:04 AM
Y2JB

Johny Hendricks is #1 contender, absolutely no question. Diaz has nothing for GSP and is coming off of a loss. Crappy matchmaking IMO.

Hendricks may not be the most marketable guy, what with the hillbilly beard and all but the fact is he's been smashing top guys.
2/8/13 10:11 AM
epwar
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP: "Hmmmm, let me eee.  I av two choices - one a guy with strong wrestling and KO pow-errr or Nick Diaz.  I would like to fight Diaz."

2/8/13 10:13 AM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell -

Problem is, being so mad at GSP might make Johnny look past a dangerous opponent like Ellenberger. He needs to keep his focus on whoever is in front of him.

True
With that being said, Baconberger via KO. Phone Post
2/8/13 10:14 AM
GSpenn fan

Diaz = more $$$, more ppv buys

Diaz = more accomplished fighter

Hendricks just needs to settle down and keep winning fights. Do guys like him not realize dues are paid in this BUSINESS. he is on the verge of being one of these guys if he doesnt screw up.

2/8/13 10:20 AM
GSpenn fan

How can anyone even claim to be the #1 contender when they havent fought 3 of the other top contenders? (Ellenberger, rory, diaz)

When GSP won the belt from Hughes, you know how many contenders were around to say they deserved the title shot more than GSP? ZERO! because he had already beat them all....

2/8/13 10:25 AM
mijo

Hendricks deserves the shot.
2/8/13 10:26 AM
Standup29

My thought is that Hendricks is deserving of a title shot. I think Diaz is a bigger fight and would much rather see that fight.

Diaz screwed up and lost his original shot. Many things were said and GSP really seemed bothered by it. He wants that fight more than he wants to fight Hendricks. More money and settling a score, pretty easy to understand.

Hendricks needs to stay busy and not sit and wait. If he wins his next fight hes next. He should also be training in case of an injury. I appreciate his perspective but he's just got to understand how it goes. Look at Fitch, how big of a streak did he have before his first shot? Phone Post
2/8/13 10:27 AM
LucasBTiger
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of this whiney shit won't matter when Jake beats that ass... And Lordy I hope he does. Phone Post
2/8/13 10:27 AM
Standup29

Standup29 - My thought is that Hendricks is deserving of a title shot. I think Diaz is a bigger fight and would much rather see that fight.

Diaz screwed up and lost his original shot. Many things were said and GSP really seemed bothered by it. He wants that fight more than he wants to fight Hendricks. More money and settling a score, pretty easy to understand.

Hendricks needs to stay busy and not sit and wait. If he wins his next fight hes next. He should also be training in case of an injury. I appreciate his perspective but he's just got to understand how it goes. Look at Fitch, how big of a streak did he have before his first shot? Phone Post
I think I may have forgotten he is fighting so disregard that part. Phone Post
2/8/13 10:31 AM
joe canada
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the long run, this will work out better for Hendricks.

Diaz is the money fight for GSP right now, like it or not. And GSP is a heavy favourite to win it.

JH looked mediocre against Kos, a man GSP dominated not once but twice.

This one fight delay gives Hendricks time to build up some more heat for an inevitable GSP fight, which will end up selling more than if they fought now. As it stands, GSP carries the Hendricks fight. Give Hendricks another win, plus the 'GSP is ducking me' Clubber Lang angle, and BOTH men make more money from that fight.

Assuming JH gets a piece of the ppv/gate that is.
2/8/13 10:32 AM
Herman Munster

GSpenn fan - How can anyone even claim to be the #1 contender when they havent fought 3 of the other top contenders? (Ellenberger, rory, diaz)

When GSP won the belt from Hughes, you know how many contenders were around to say they deserved the title shot more than GSP? ZERO! because he had already beat them all....

There is a lot of guys he hasn't fought who I could see beating him at WW. The last guy GSP just fought is a much better fighter than him imo.  Yes, Nick Diaz lost to Condit, but it's not like Hendricks holds a win over Condit himself.  If he did maybe he'd be more justified, but I think Nick gave Condit a harder fight than Hendricks would.

2/8/13 10:44 AM
inf0
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's had a few lucky punches.. won't help him against GSP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.