UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks on GSP: 'You're an idiot'

2/9/13 3:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
crumbs - 
KingOfFighters - 
crumbs - Im going feel bad for Hendricks when he actually does get to fight GSP, his fighting style will be downloaded and neutralized the fucked outta. Two ko punches on Fitch and kappman, well congrats they were spectacular, but GSP is a different beast, he will not be around for your slow ass power punch, you will not out wreslte him, oh you got fancy college credentials, that shit doesnt matter, your not fighting a top ten guy, your fighting THE guy. The guy who makes the best fighters look lost, confused, and average.

I don't even think Hendricks wins a Fitch or Kos rematch, and I would call the Jake fight 50/50.

But hey , like anyone else he has a punchers chance.

You call the decision king a beast? lmfao anderson is a beast, gsp is a point fighter

well in the same way Frankie Edgar is a beast,,,, oh wait they call him frankie five rounds,

ok, what im trying to say is GSP is a different kind of animal, maybe a very aggressive Giraffe.

Anderson would be the best for sure. but i guess Giraffes have been known to fuck shit up. maybe GSP is a very bad ass koala bear. either way, Hendricks cant fuck with a bad ass koala bear, he's never been in the cage with the type of koala bear GSP is.

The best fight I've ever seen was between two Giraffes.

Was that the one where the one giraffe catches the other one right in the base of his skull with the horn on it's head?  And it fucking KO's the giraffe and it drops like all 20 feet to the ground in a heap....If so I agree. 

2/9/13 4:23 AM
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Lazer MMA -
Ip Man 81 - 
Lazer MMA -
KingOfFighters - gsp deserves to a fight he wants, as he's never asked for a specific one, but hendricks is correct.

Wrong and wrong

He did ask and was granted Diaz, and NO CHAMP "deserves to a fight (who) he wants"
Wrong..... Your not the big man so don't act like it. Dana pretty much makes the rules, so if he makes a match up then that's the way it goes. Phone Post

Dana admitted that he's making the fight because GSP deserves to pick in this case. 0/10

Further do not address the poster who is making an argument. Address the argument being posted. Stop acting like a child.
Dana is making this fight because it will sell the most tickets and do the most PPVs.

GSP is saying he asked for Diaz fir the same exact reason as he gets a cut of PPVs. Oh and because Dana told him to say that.

GSP didn't pick this fight, Zuffa did. Hendrix needs to get more known to get more bums on seats. The only thing GSP is afraid of with Hendricks is a shitty pay day. Phone Post

Finally someone who understands how it works.  

Yeah, GSP was so angry, he cancelled the Condit fight so Diaz could get it.  Then he was so upset again, he is bypassing the Hendricks fight to get at Diaz.  Sure.  As blatantly ridiculous as that sounds, most believe that's exactly how it happened.   I keep forgetting Brock brought over millions of WWE fans and they seem to have stayed.  Who else would believe these ridiculous story lines?

2/9/13 9:18 AM
Entreri

This is good shit. I like to see the haters riled up.
2/9/13 1:56 PM
BrattMamley
1193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's stepping up his trash talking and I like it. Phone Post
2/9/13 2:10 PM
Gene Pitney

Why are people bitching so much about this on hendricks' behalf? Do yall not realise that Dana is changing shit up this year? Its all about the $$$ this year, meaning we are gonna see shit like Chael/Jones, Diaz/GSP and Aldo/Pettis (instead of Aldo/Lamas) happening...

I would say the conversation between Dana and GSP went like this:

Dana: Hi Georgie

GSP: Dana, I want to fight Diaz next!

Dana: Well you should probably be fighting Johny next, but Diaz is the money fight so its what we want too

GSP: Well ill call that motherfucker Diaz out then, and you can tell everyone that I made you give me Diaz next so you dont get shit for it

Dana: It is such a fucking pleasure doing business with people like you. I fucking LOVE fighters like you. You are the greatest fucking champion in the history of the UFC. Im sending you a brand new fucking Bentley.
2/9/13 3:50 PM
MMAfan1million

fishyfish -

Hendricks should change his nickname to "Big Whiner"

Couldn't agree more! Was impressed by him after the Fitch fight (despite the lucky-punch feeling and disappointing loss of a potentially interesting scrap), but it's been downhill from there. What a douche - ya know what I'm sayin'? Phone Post
2/9/13 4:33 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks just playing the game. He'll keep talking shit and will gain his shot because of it (on top of his impressive wins). Sad but that's the game. Phone Post
2/9/13 4:37 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes an idiot with millions more than you Johnny. My god this butthurt

2/9/13 4:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -  Hendricks just playing the game. He'll keep talking shit and will gain his shot because of it (on top of his impressive wins). Sad but that's the game. Phone Post

At the end of the day if you're a religious guy like him Weidman and all the rest if you're worried about what Jesus may think of you calling an entire country backwards and cowards then you'll never get the Chael treatment.

2/9/13 4:49 PM
Kansas Comet

Don't agree with the Idiot part but Hendricks has a point he did edge Kos out, similarly to when Kos got the gift decision vs Pierce.

Hendricks is the clear #1, winning streak plus top 5 top ten guys.

Diaz coming off suspension and a loss it is just a bigger fight for GSP and the UFC with Nick - PPV and Gate.
2/9/13 5:25 PM
Buckle

Ellenberger ls going to sleep by an enraged Hendricks. Hendricks will get his shot and lose a one side decision fight to gsp..... Then that beard will disappear from our screens.... Only fat men and chuck Norris should flaunt such horrific facial hair. Phone Post
2/9/13 5:44 PM
Archangel

I for one want to thank Dana and GSP for THE FIGHT I want to see!
2/9/13 5:49 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - 
Chiron - 
big_roy_fan - 
cross3dout -  I want to see Hendricks vs Weidman for the "I'm the greatest champion you've never heard of" belt. Dudes are beyond annoying now. Phone Post

this..

Dana likes fighters who don't complain and wait for their turn. I think was stepped over because he cries too much about how he should be fighting GSP

lol Holy crap. No he doesn't. Dana likes it when guys are vocal.

* Dana said himself the reason he wanted to give Sonnen a title shot was because he was vocal about wanting Jones and willing to fight him even on short notice.

* Before that when they were going to give a rematch shot to Machida or Shogun Dana said a big factor in picking Machida was because he kept bugging Dana about it.

* Pettis is getting a title shot in a weight class he's not even in by asking Dana for it.

*Condit called out for a title shot after fighting Diaz, as many fighters have (successfully) done before.

*Weidman's been more vocal about wanting to fight Anderson and his chances of doing so seem to be increasing, not decreasing, with Dana recently saying chances are Weidman will be Anderson's next opponent.

*As far as Diaz goes, Nick got a title shot after calling out GSP (as Joe Silva advised him to do) when he beat BJ.

The UFC likes it when fighters call out champions because it creates drama. They especially like it when a fighter is coming off good wins.

I'm a Diaz fan and hope he (somehow) finds a way to beat GSP (who I used to nuthug), but the fact is Nick has been one of the biggest complainers in MMA and is coming off a loss, but getting a title shot. So what was that you were saying about Dana liking fighters who don't complain and wait their turn?

thats completely different

chael wasn't "i deserve the title shot, the guy getting it now doesn't, i do"

chael was like "i'll fly to vegas tommorow to fight him if i have to"

completely different, it wasn't chael bitching and whining, it was chael asking for a fight and calling out the champ.

It's not completely different.

*Chael wasn't saying "I deserve the title shot" because he COULDNT say that. Hendricks rightfully can. I'll be pulling for Chael against Jones, but he doesn't deserve that fight. Chael's last fight was a loss at MW and he hasn't fought in Jones' weight class in years, let alone had a win. Hendricks on the other hand, has been beating top 10 opponents, some in devastating fashion.

*I already acknowledged that part of the reason Chael was getting a title shot in the first place was because more legitimate contenders didn't want to jump in on short notice. But that doesn't quite explain why he's getting a title shot after TUF because several other fighters still deserve it more and could've been ready. It's being given to Chael because he was willing to fight on short notice and it's a "thank you" from Dana and the UFC knows he can talk a good build up to the fight so it's the most likely to make the most $.

*I like how you act like I only mentioned Chael and completely disregarded all of my other examples that proved you wrong. Diaz has complained more than pretty much anyone, is coming off a loss, and hasn't fought in a year. Why's he getting the shot? Because of the drama from him complaining and talking trash. The UFC likes drama and that includes the drama that comes with fighters calling out opponents because it helps build a story they can use to make more $.

Most of you guys calling Hendricks a whiner are just fanboys trying to defend GSP's actions and contradictory statements or Diaz fans who want him to get a title shot. I want to see Diaz get a title shot too and I hope he finds a way to get past GSP's decisioning, but the fact is, Hendricks is the #1 contender and deserves it far more. Plus, he's a far worse matchup for GSP and you can bet GSP knows it. GSP can say all he wants about how he felt Koscheck beat Hendricks and all and he doesn't want to fight people who were defeated by his previous opponents, but he's also said he felt Condit beat Diaz, so his whole point is off base and just comes across as someone trying to avoid fighting a particular opponent.

If any of you had put together the record Hendricks has with knockouts of several top 10 opponents and decisions over others, meanwhile the org came out and gave the title shot to someone else who is coming off a loss and hasn't fought in over a year, you'd be complaining too. You'd be a fool not to because the evidence has shown that the UFC likes it when fighters call out for title shots and talk trash about their opponents. That's why Hendricks and Weidman are doing it more. It's not whining. It's marketing in the fashion the UFC has rewarded time and time again.
2/9/13 5:56 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gene Pitney - Why are people bitching so much about this on hendricks' behalf? Do yall not realise that Dana is changing shit up this year? Its all about the $$$ this year, meaning we are gonna see shit like Chael/Jones, Diaz/GSP and Aldo/Pettis (instead of Aldo/Lamas) happening...

I would say the conversation between Dana and GSP went like this:

Dana: Hi Georgie

GSP: Dana, I want to fight Diaz next!

Dana: Well you should probably be fighting Johny next, but Diaz is the money fight so its what we want too

GSP: Well ill call that motherfucker Diaz out then, and you can tell everyone that I made you give me Diaz next so you dont get shit for it

Dana: It is such a fucking pleasure doing business with people like you. I fucking LOVE fighters like you. You are the greatest fucking champion in the history of the UFC. Im sending you a brand new fucking Bentley.

lol You might be right.

But I'm not sure Diaz will sell PPV more than Hendricks. Nick's fight with Condit got 400k buys and his fight with BJ got only 280k. I love watching Nick fight and he brings it in a fashion that I think fighters should - going out there to take the other guy out, not win a decision. But I don't think he's the major PPV draw that some seem to think he is. He has decent drawing power, but I doubt any more than Hendricks. The last time GSP fought, against Condit, Hendricks was the fight right before that main event in Montreal and he knocked out Kampmann in devastating fashion. His fight where he knocked out Fitch was on the main card headlined by Lesnar vs Overeem which got 750k buys (cuz of Lesnar of course). People know him as well at this point as they do Nick.
2/9/13 10:10 PM
Rumbler

There's always about 4 or 5 fights at any one time that fight fans REALLY want to see happen...Right now GSP Vs Diaz is one of them...We are getting what we want...This is "prize fighting" It's not a tournament, so don't talk to me about it not being fair to Hendricks.

I repeat...THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT BASED PROMOTION!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.