UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor has hypogonadism

2/8/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tatame.com.br/medico-explica-liberacao-de-belfort-para-usar-testosterona-no-ufc-sp/

google translate that if you dont understand portugeuse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360778/

Steroids + abuse = hypogonadism

2/8/13 1:09 PM
Hob
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, TRT used properly = hypogonadism.  What's your point?

2/8/13 1:12 PM
McCorkleRuinedMySN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

small balls bro
2/8/13 1:12 PM
McCorkleRuinedMySN

lots of ufc fighters with small balls
2/8/13 1:14 PM
Phisher

I'm sure that he does from prior steroid abuse.

TRT is a fucking joke.

2/8/13 1:53 PM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hob - 

TRT prescribed by a doctor elevates testosterone levels back to normal. What the hell are you talking about?

Mine is that Vitor is using TRT in what looks like, prior abuse of steroids. He has failed drug tests in the past. The fact he can be given this exemption is a disgraceful and makes the sport look bad.

If you fail a drug test you are a cheater. You have shown that you will break the rules to gain advantage. What makes you think Vitor is not bending and breaking rules again with TRT.

2/8/13 1:58 PM
Hob
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 1:58 PM
irishrottie - 
Hob - 

TRT prescribed by a doctor elevates testosterone levels back to normal. What the hell are you talking about?

Mine is that Vitor is using TRT in what looks like, prior abuse of steroids. He has failed drug tests in the past. The fact he can be given this exemption is a disgraceful and makes the sport look bad.

If you fail a drug test you are a cheater. You have shown that you will break the rules to gain advantage. What makes you think Vitor is not bending and breaking rules again with TRT.

LOL regardless of your levels if you are putting the T in, your body quits making it.  What the hell are you talking about?

2/8/13 2:01 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This man is low on testosterone!

2/8/13 2:01 PM
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People don't know what TRT is on this forum. Phone Post
2/8/13 2:09 PM
A.W.Ashford
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have small balls and according to my last blood work, my t levels where normal...

Sorry.

Do I need trt? Phone Post
2/8/13 2:14 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Hypogonadism does not mean "small balls".  It means "underactive balls".  The size of your testicles does not correspond to how much testosterone they produce.

2/8/13 2:17 PM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen I'm as big of a Vitor fan as there is, but...

I find it hard to believe someone could go to a doc to get TRT and still manage to get hypogonadism. There are so many supplements and methods available to use and prescribe to prevent this condition during TRT and post TRT. It's completely unbelievable that a doc would allow this condition to occur in one of his patients.

Hypogonadism either happens as a legit genetic disability or from hormone abuse, whether that be in the form of TRT or outright steroid usage.

2/8/13 2:18 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A.W.Ashford -  I have small balls and according to my last blood work, my t levels where normal...

Sorry.

Do I need trt? Phone Post

Nope. God just hates you.

j/k!

2/8/13 2:22 PM
Kellerd55
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs - Listen I'm as big of a Vitor fan as there is, but...

I find it hard to believe someone could go to a doc to get TRT and still manage to get hypogonadism. There are so many supplements and methods available to use and prescribe to prevent this condition during TRT and post TRT. It's completely unbelievable that a doc would allow this condition to occur in one of his patients.

Hypogonadism either happens as a legit genetic disability or from hormone abuse, whether that be in the form of TRT or outright steroid usage.

Pretty sure years of weight cutting can cause hypogonadism as well Phone Post
2/8/13 2:26 PM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kellerd55 - 
Saltyballs - Listen I'm as big of a Vitor fan as there is, but...

Pretty sure years of weight cutting can cause hypogonadism as well Phone Post

You're right on that.
2/8/13 2:36 PM
New Leaf 1.0

This conversation needs to be broken into primary and secondary hypogonadism.

TRT for primary hypogonadism - could be legit, i still think it is cheating.

TRT for secondary hypogonadism - definitely cheating.

Taking TRT because you're old, or fucked up your own body is cheating, no way around it.
2/8/13 3:23 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Saltyballs - Listen I'm as big of a Vitor fan as there is, but...

I thought the whole point of TRT was to treat hypogonadism?  Your post makes no sense.

2/8/13 3:28 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

I thought the whole point of TRT was to treat hypogonadism?  Your post makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. TRT is used to treat hypogonadism and it is a cause of hypogonadism. The two are not mutually exclusive. Use of external testosterone fucks up your bodies natural creation of testosterone.
2/8/13 3:36 PM
Jons Forsberg

Edited: 02/08/13 3:36 PM
"TRT for secondary hypogonadism - definitely cheating."

it's entirely up to the doctor to determine the course of treatment of secondary hypogonadism, hcg monotherapy doesn't work out well for everybody.
2/8/13 3:39 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Jons Forsberg - "TRT for secondary hypogonadism - definitely cheating."

it's entirely up to the doctor to determine the course of treatment of secondary hypogonadism, hcg monotherapy doesn't work out well for everybody.

True enough, that doesn't change what I said. That's why sports that follow the WADA anti-doping code don't allow TUE for secondary hypogonadism.
2/8/13 3:44 PM
Jons Forsberg

it's not "definitely cheating" as you stated.
2/8/13 3:48 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

New Leaf 1.0 - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 

It makes perfect sense. TRT is used to treat hypogonadism and it is a cause of hypogonadism. The two are not mutually exclusive. Use of external testosterone fucks up your bodies natural creation of testosterone.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy is used to treat low testosterone, which is a symptom of hypogonadism.

If Vitor/Sonnen/whoever did not have low T or hypogonadism when they started TRT, then why were they prescribed TRT?

2/8/13 3:48 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Jons Forsberg - it's not "definitely cheating" as you stated.

OK, is there a way to make it state it as even MORE definitively cheating? IT is 100% cheating, no question about it.
2/8/13 3:49 PM
Jons Forsberg

New Leaf 1.0 - 
Jons Forsberg - it's not "definitely cheating" as you stated.

OK, is there a way to make it state it as even MORE definitively cheating? IT is 100% cheating, no question about it.

tsc, silly....
2/8/13 4:00 PM
Bucephalus

This is a sport.

The most we can ever ask of those competing is to play by the rules and regulations.

And for the record.. if someone follows the rules, the are NOT cheating.

If you don't like the rules and regulations, then it's the rules and regulations that are the problem... NOT the athletes who abide by them.

We have a big enough problem with people actually cheating and violating regulations to worry about people playing by the rules.

We have two options:

1. Bust those who don't follow the rules

2. Change the rules

But imo, it's not an option to attack those who are following the letter of the rulebook.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.