UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> seriously cut the boo sit about TRT

2/8/13 6:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Daren, I respect your point of view. I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

Go easy on the snow. Guys drop dead shoveling every winter !

2/8/13 6:09 PM
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gobulcoque - 
Winston Wolf - ok explain the ratio thing to me then Never said i was a doctor.I thought they were allowed 6:1 when the average is 1:1 and Overeem was 12:1 I admit im not n expert

The ratio is a ratio, it has nothing to do with the actual levels of testosterone in someones body. If no testosterone is administered from an outside source your ratio should be 1:1. If you are taking test/on TRT, this ratio will be way out of proportion, you could have a 100:1 ratio and still have less testosterone than a 40 year old fat man.

There is no reason why the level of testosterone shouldn't be consistent among all fighters since everyone seems to agree that it's a big advantage.

thanks thats what i thought and think they should all be 1:1
2/8/13 6:12 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Gobulcoque - 
Winston Wolf - ok explain the ratio thing to me then Never said i was a doctor.I thought they were allowed 6:1 when the average is 1:1 and Overeem was 12:1 I admit im not n expert

The ratio is a ratio, it has nothing to do with the actual levels of testosterone in someones body. If no testosterone is administered from an outside source your ratio should be 1:1. If you are taking test/on TRT, this ratio will be way out of proportion, you could have a 100:1 ratio and still have less testosterone than a 40 year old fat man.

There is no reason why the level of testosterone shouldn't be consistent among all fighters since everyone seems to agree that it's a big advantage.

The average T/E ratio is above 1:1, something like 1.15:1

Not everyone has the same natural ratio.  Hence the allowance for 6:1 or 4:1 depending on the testing standard.

2/8/13 7:20 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Gobulcoque - Natural levels should be very close to 1:1, as 1.15:1 is, and would be a real anomaly to have 2:1 or over according the couple experts I've heard.

Guys who are on TRT also have to come in under the 6:1 or 4:1 ratio, so if they are normally over that they actually have to reduce their dosage for the fight, which is why Chael got in trouble, even though his test levels may or may not have been any higher or lower than Andersons.

So fighters with a TUE for TRT have to test within the same ratio limits as everyone else.

You can say they abuse it between fights and reduce their dosage prior to the fight... but how is that different from fighters without TUE who are doing cycles of anabolics in between fights and cycling off in time to pass the pre-fight test?

Everyone has to take and pass the same test... TRT or not.

2/8/13 10:52 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But dana defends the T. Maybe because he and the fertitas are on it?
2/9/13 9:35 AM
And Wagners Cut

Gobulcoque -
Winston Wolf - 
Gobulcoque - 

Why do you think that way? If two 25 year old athletes that have never abused any steroids, worked their whole life to be able to compete at the highest level, but 1 just naturally produces less testosterone than the other, it should just be too bad for him?

Why is everyone against a level playing field?
Yeah it is to bad if one produces less test.

What if one doesn't hit as hard? Shall we give him loaded gloves? Phone Post
2/9/13 9:54 AM
Nub

Boo sit. Lol. Phone Post
2/9/13 7:42 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

And Wagners Cut - 
Gobulcoque -
Winston Wolf - 
Gobulcoque - 

Why do you think that way? If two 25 year old athletes that have never abused any steroids, worked their whole life to be able to compete at the highest level, but 1 just naturally produces less testosterone than the other, it should just be too bad for him?

Why is everyone against a level playing field?
Yeah it is to bad if one produces less test.

What if one doesn't hit as hard? Shall we give him loaded gloves? Phone Post

What if he's not as strong?  Should he be banned from eating protein supplements and lifiting weights?

2/9/13 8:29 PM
DeuceDroppin

The ignorance here is sickening. It's not exactly just that simple though. What is truly sickening is all of these Internet experts, that don't even have the most basic level of understanding regarding this, yet they talk like they are experts and influence the random forum sheep to think as they do. Everyone that posts that TRT users are allowed to have 6 times more test in their bodies should seriously be perma-banned for such blatant ignorance. Phone Post
2/9/13 8:42 PM
lars_schifinkter
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talking to the doctors I know (yes I know doctors you cunts, I'm fuckin so coooool.) there is no way any high level combat sports athlete, especially former Olympic wrestlers and Olympic wrestling alternates would achieve the level of success they did in such intense sports with a medical condition that leaves them with low testosterone. They said the only thing they can imagine that would leave a guy like Henderson or Sonnen with low T levels is past steroid use.

Then they called me stupid for even asking.
2/9/13 8:43 PM
Winston Wolf

lars_schifinkter - Talking to the doctors I know (yes I know doctors you cunts, I'm fuckin so coooool.) there is no way any high level combat sports athlete, especially former Olympic wrestlers and Olympic wrestling alternates would achieve the level of success they did in such intense sports with a medical condition that leaves them with low testosterone. They said the only thing they can imagine that would leave a guy like Henderson or Sonnen with low T levels is past steroid use.

Then they called me stupid for even asking.

2/9/13 8:45 PM
Winston Wolf

DeuceDroppin -  The ignorance here is sickening. It's not exactly just that simple though. What is truly sickening is all of these Internet experts, that don't even have the most basic level of understanding regarding this, yet they talk like they are experts and influence the random forum sheep to think as they do. Everyone that posts that TRT users are allowed to have 6 times more test in their bodies should seriously be perma-banned for such blatant ignorance. Phone Post

i clearly said i wasnt sure about this later in this thread.I still stand bye only reason people take TRT is they were or are on roids.I dont buy they need it for any other reason
2/9/13 8:54 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Winston Wolf - 
DeuceDroppin -  The ignorance here is sickening. It's not exactly just that simple though. What is truly sickening is all of these Internet experts, that don't even have the most basic level of understanding regarding this, yet they talk like they are experts and influence the random forum sheep to think as they do. Everyone that posts that TRT users are allowed to have 6 times more test in their bodies should seriously be perma-banned for such blatant ignorance. Phone Post

i clearly said i wasnt sure about this later in this thread.I still stand bye only reason people take TRT is they were or are on roids.I dont buy they need it for any other reason

Yet it's been already pointed out in this thread that other parts of fighter lifestyle such as years upon years of trauma and weight cuts, on top of natural aging, can contribute to a fighter in his mid-30's with low T.

Not only are you completely ignorant, you're also refusing to learn, and just blindly regurgitate the same bullshit.

You're like Mr. Mackey from South Park.  "TRT is bad, mmkay..."

2/9/13 9:02 PM
colubrid1

Education is what is needed.

I grew up in the sixties and I am 53 years old. i am on TRT.

back when i was a kid the school caled my parents because i had vatamin pills and taking them at school. The thinking back then was why take pills when you should get it from natural foods. My parents gave me vitamin pills and the school frowned upon it..

What does this have to do with TRT? Test is a natural substance in the body. Just like Vit C.We are still living in medeval times. You will se in a few more years is more education and the benifits of a longer life with small amounts of test.

A kid in his 20-30's does not need it unless he abused testosterone and shut his natural production down. That is what happened to most of tehse athletes getting TRT. Those dummies took it when their natrual test production was at a all time high..basically they did not need it.

if they had been more educated they would have not have taken it then.
2/9/13 9:02 PM
Ruin

Edited: 02/09/13 9:04 PM
The only people who defend TRT are people who are fans of fighters blatantly abusing it.

Guys like Marquardt and Belfort using it just show what its all about. No hate on them, you can argue for it all you want. But like I said, its obvious what TRT is all about
2/9/13 9:03 PM
Jaybrone
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These threads get made over and over and it always ends up with ridiculously ignorant posts all around. Unless you are a medical professional and really know what the fuck you are talkiing about then please stop.

2/9/13 10:27 PM
lars_schifinkter
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 

These threads get made over and over and it always ends up with ridiculously ignorant posts all around. Unless you are a medical professional and really know what the fuck you are talkiing about then please stop.

This is a house of learned doctors!
2/9/13 11:22 PM
sparkuri

A lot of good posters arguing with each other.
My view. I'd never even heard of trt until the UFC, and MOST people who "need" it have muscles on top of muscles.
If someone "needs" it to enhance their performance, then open the floodgates and cut the crap.
The exceptions would be guys like Hallman maybe, and the amount needed should be no more than that given to a janitor or teacher. Phone Post
2/10/13 12:51 AM
rundymc

Judging by his follow up comments, OP is clearly another ignorant fan voicing his opinion on something he knows nothing about.
2/10/13 12:54 AM
Winston Wolf

sparkuri -  A lot of good posters arguing with each other.
My view. I'd never even heard of trt until the UFC, and MOST people who "need" it have muscles on top of muscles.
If someone "needs" it to enhance their performance, then open the floodgates and cut the crap.
The exceptions would be guys like Hallman maybe, and the amount needed should be no more than that given to a janitor or teacher. Phone Post

2/10/13 12:55 AM
Winston Wolf

rundymc - Judging by his follow up comments, OP is clearly another ignorant fan voicing his opinion on something he knows nothing about.

said im not an expert Why would I be bUt I know enough about it that my opinion is the people who use it in UFC dont need it and use a BS excuse as to why athetes in their 30s "need" it
2/10/13 12:57 AM
Winston Wolf

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Winston Wolf - 

Yet it's been already pointed out in this thread that other parts of fighter lifestyle such as years upon years of trauma and weight cuts, on top of natural aging, can contribute to a fighter in his mid-30's with low T.

Not only are you completely ignorant, you're also refusing to learn, and just blindly regurgitate the same bullshit.

You're like Mr. Mackey from South Park.  "TRT is bad, mmkay..."

and im pointing out that its a BS excuse and no way that many people " need " trt
2/10/13 12:57 AM
Winston Wolf

And Wagners Cut - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
Trane - Voted OP up.

Aging is a part of life, why mess with mother nature? Let's not stop there, how about letting fighters 40 years+ to go on full blown steroids since their muscle mass has been naturally eroded. Let them have EPO transfusions as well since their cardio isn't as good as it used to be.

Aging is a part of life, why mess with mother nature?

So you are against all anti aging treatments across the board, not just TRT in professional athletes?

The point is, it's clearly being abused in between fights which gives them an unfair advantage. Phone Post

2/10/13 1:01 AM
rundymc

And Wagners Cut - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
Trane - Voted OP up.

Aging is a part of life, why mess with mother nature? Let's not stop there, how about letting fighters 40 years+ to go on full blown steroids since their muscle mass has been naturally eroded. Let them have EPO transfusions as well since their cardio isn't as good as it used to be.

Aging is a part of life, why mess with mother nature?

So you are against all anti aging treatments across the board, not just TRT in professional athletes?

The point is, it's clearly being abused in between fights which gives them an unfair advantage. Phone Post

Bro, everyone can, and I wager WILL, abuse PEDs between fights, because there is no randomized testing for guys not in camp.

There is no incentive to not use between fights, and plenty of incentive TO use.

A TRT exemption is however a free pass to get a boost during a training camp, when random testing is a possibility. It no doubt helps, and I do think it should be more well-regulated than it currently is (only a handful of tests are required towards the fight IIRC), but it's not quite a full cycle.

Doesn't Hendo submit weekly blood work paid for from his own pocket before a fight? Commissions should mandate something like this.
2/10/13 1:07 AM
rundymc

Ruin - The only people who defend TRT are people who are fans of fighters blatantly abusing it.

Guys like Marquardt and Belfort using it just show what its all about. No hate on them, you can argue for it all you want. But like I said, its obvious what TRT is all about

Wow really?

Listen dude, it is possible to have an opinion on something that isn't "IT'S RIGHT!!!!" or "IT'S WRONG!!!!"

It's possible to have a rational, thought out, original opinion. Perhaps you will learn this when you quit Sunday school.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.