UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gamburyan out of the fight with Mendes

2/8/13 3:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Cdn Machine
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 3:41 PM

Apparently broke his thumb and fractured his elbow.. Who should fill in against Mendes?

Hearing Manny Gamburyan, scheduled to fight Chad Mendes at UFC157 broke his thumb yesterday and fractured his elbow. He's apparently out.

2/8/13 3:42 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's your chance, Lamas. Step up.
MartialArtsMixed
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GIve him Pettis, let him earn his title shot!
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - Here's your chance, Lamas. Step up.

2/8/13 3:44 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hah! I called it when this fight was first announced. Phone Post
2/8/13 3:46 PM
caposa
1764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Telling Lamas to step up when he just finished demolishing one of the top FWs 2 weeks ago. Also the belt is locked up until after August 3rd. Step up for what reason exactly?

2/8/13 3:48 PM
Tomato Can
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 3:48 PM
Is K-Zombie back from injury yet? What about Hacran Dias? Mike Brown?
2/8/13 3:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No that's a dumb fight for Lamas to take imo. He's already only one fight away from a title shot, the title fight isn't until August, why would he risk losing that by fighting a guy like Mendes on 2 weeks notice? Makes no sense. Phone Post
2/8/13 3:49 PM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injuries 2013 =(

2/8/13 3:49 PM
caposa
1764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I refering to him saying "Here's your chance". Here's his chance for what?

2/8/13 3:51 PM
caposa

If they can't find anyone on the roster to take the fight I hope they sign Georgie Karakhanyan

2/8/13 3:51 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

Telling Lamas to step up when he just finished demolishing one of the top FWs 2 weeks ago. Also the belt is locked up until after August 3rd. Step up for what reason exactly?

For my own selfishness of course. I figure if he steps up to this fight, maybe we won't have to listen to him bitch and whine like Hendricks and Weidman for the next six months.
2/8/13 3:52 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Lamas wants to fight Mendes why fight him on 2 weeks notice? Wait a few months and fight him with a full training camp. Phone Post
2/8/13 3:59 PM
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

This. He "stepped up" a while ago
2/8/13 4:00 PM
RileyPust

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  If Lamas wants to fight Mendes why fight him on 2 weeks notice? Wait a few months and fight him with a full training camp. Phone Post

In all seriousness, they should do this. Mendes deserves higher ranked opponents. TKZ is hoping to return in June, he'll get a good opponent after beating Dustin. Lamas is going to need a good fight to make him the clear number one contender (which I think he is).

He could, of course, wait and fight TKZ... but who wants to wait for that. Wishful thinking, I know, but Lamas vs Mendes would be awesome.
2/8/13 4:00 PM
claw11
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought my tickets to see Chad fight, they better get him a new opponent. Ill post anything I find out about his opponent, if it hasn't be released yet. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:06 PM
RileyPust

epic hero - 
caposa - 

This. He "stepped up" a while ago

He's climbing the ladder, and he's on the cusp of a title shot. "Step up" is very appropriate IMO, unless you're interpreting it as me ordering him around instead of from the perspective of a fan who thinks it would be a great fight.
2/8/13 4:12 PM
DEZBOT

ImA2TimeLoser -
caposa -

Uh a fight? Phone Post
So your saying a win now over mendes is Gonna secure him a title shot in over a years time? That's stupid Phone Post
2/8/13 4:22 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

RileyPust -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  If Lamas wants to fight Mendes why fight him on 2 weeks notice? Wait a few months and fight him with a full training camp. Phone Post

In all seriousness, they should do this. Mendes deserves higher ranked opponents. TKZ is hoping to return in June, he'll get a good opponent after beating Dustin. Lamas is going to need a good fight to make him the clear number one contender (which I think he is).

He could, of course, wait and fight TKZ... but who wants to wait for that. Wishful thinking, I know, but Lamas vs Mendes would be awesome.
How is it a better idea to fight Mendes (who is really freaking good) on only two weeks notice than to wait until June to fight him or TKZ or Edgar or someone? The fights have the exact same consequences win or lose.

And as far as waiting, if he fights in 2 weeks and cements himself as top contender and next in line, he gets a much longer layoff waiting for Pettis/Aldo than if he waits 3 or 4 months and fights for top contender then. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:27 PM
caposa

Edited: 02/08/13 4:32 PM

My guess is that we see Dennis Bermudez fill in against Mendes. He is already scheduled to fight Matt Grice on the prelims.

2/8/13 4:36 PM
BrattMamley
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

My guess is that we see Dennis Bermudez fill in against Mendes. He is already scheduled to fight Matt Grice on the prelims.

I'd have to take Mendes but Dennis would definitely put up a fight. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:40 PM
Skip2MyLou
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mendes gets to smash another new comer... Sigh Phone Post
2/8/13 4:43 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrattMamley -
caposa -

I'd have to take Mendes but Dennis would definitely put up a fight. Phone Post
I think mendes wrestles him to death and yes I know Dennis wrestled to. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:45 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Thumb and elbow, what the hell was he doing?

Can't say I'm dissapointed about losing this particular matchup though.

2/8/13 5:10 PM
jmont

RileyPust - Here's your chance, Lamas. Step up.
Perf Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.