UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Ratings Up 14% to 807K

2/8/13 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FixedPartialArts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid draw especially considering the main event ended 20-25 minutes before the time slot concluded.

Plus, the card had to do pay dividends in Brazil and Russia where they have substantial TV deals. This was more marketed to them than Americans.
2/8/13 5:43 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice to see them break the trend of losing every week, good news

Alexander "The Face Of Bellator" Shelemenko
2/8/13 5:43 PM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid fights. I love the Russian squad invading Bellator. Volkov and Shlemenko are now champs. Koreshekov gets a title shot, Shamalaev in the finals... Love it.
2/8/13 5:44 PM
Chris27

Seems 700-800k is Bellators range on Spike depending on who is fighting, title fight etc.

2/8/13 5:46 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next week another title fight and the MW tournament, see how the BW tittle fight compares to the MW one
2/8/13 5:50 PM
FixedPartialArts

liquidrob - Nice to see them break the trend of losing every week, good news

Alexander "The Face Of Bellator" Shelemenko

It was never really a trend. It was only 3 events and fairly proportional to the declining names on it. This one had more names, and it did better. Next card with a small guy title fight + a bigger guy tournament that's so-so, I'd expect a minor dip, to 750-800. Then the next one they should be back up solidly in the 800's w/ Mo, Lima, Saunders, and the FW tourney final.
2/8/13 5:52 PM
Chris27

liquidrob - Next week another title fight and the MW tournament, see how the BW tittle fight compares to the MW one

My guess is right around the same as this week, Mo/askren and this card did the same, last week no title fight did 700k.

so title fights seem to do 800k and none title fight cards dip into the 700's.

2/8/13 5:52 PM
liquidrob

Edited: 02/08/13 5:53 PM
If they dropped to under 700k that would have been a decent trend, its good to see ot go back up, bit like I said before, I don't think this season means that much ratings wise

Once the reality show starts than they will want to see bigger numbers I would think
2/8/13 5:55 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Seems 700-800k is Bellators range on Spike depending on who is fighting, title fight etc.

Yup.

I think this is part of the reason the UFC is doing so well recently.  Having an MMA promotion that does 700-800k viewers weekly is just good exposure for MMA.  It also forces the UFC to be better.

2/8/13 5:55 PM
Nexuscrawlers
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good news! Phone Post
2/8/13 5:56 PM
Hired Gun
644 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Phone Post
2/8/13 5:59 PM
FixedPartialArts

Chris27 - 
liquidrob - Next week another title fight and the MW tournament, see how the BW tittle fight compares to the MW one

My guess is right around the same as this week, Mo/askren and this card did the same, last week no title fight did 700k.

There aren't near enough samples to make that conclusion. There have been 2 cards with one title fight, and only one with none which had no names. We don't even have a single sample to indicate what a card like 90 w/ no title fights but a name or two will do. Then who knows how these guys like Lima become names on Spike or fail to attract. I think that Bellator 90: Rad/Shamhalaev, Mo/Newton, Lima/Baker, Saunders/Amaya, Beebe/Marx; could produce their best ratings of the season because of names and depth or 2nd worst because of no title fight.
2/8/13 6:03 PM
liquidrob

If Bellator gets cards like last night they will be fine, Bellator doesn't have names, they need to make names with great fights, even King Mo, he isn't really a name, his cards on Showtime were not highly rated at all

A title fight may give a bump, a exciting card the week before my do it, etc...
2/8/13 6:06 PM
Chris27

FixedPartialArts - 
Chris27 - 

There aren't near enough samples to make that conclusion. There have been 2 cards with one title fight, and only one with none which had no names. We don't even have a single sample to indicate what a card like 90 w/ no title fights but a name or two will do. Then who knows how these guys like Lima become names on Spike or fail to attract. I think that Bellator 90: Rad/Shamhalaev, Mo/Newton, Lima/Baker, Saunders/Amaya, Beebe/Marx; could produce their best ratings of the season because of names and depth or 2nd worst because of no title fight.

I dont think so Jon, I think that Mo card which looks good by the way, that will do a nice rating but its not gonna pass the million mark like the first card.

Yeah that one could do better numbers than the Askren card or this one, maybe in the mid 800's cause of Mo.

Really need a full season to see how they do.
2/8/13 6:13 PM
FixedPartialArts

Chris27 - 
FixedPartialArts - 
Chris27 - 

I dont think so Jon, I think that Mo card which looks good by the way, that will do a nice rating but its not gonna pass the million mark like the first card.

Yeah that one could do better numbers than the Askren card or this one, maybe in the mid 800's cause of Mo.

They still haven't eclipsed the million mark. The first card drew 938K. The million+ was for the peak.

They might be able to beat 938K if they put Mo on TNA actually beforehand like they said they will do eventually last night.

Good to see you realize they'll have to go at least a season before we can get even a decent gauge on the numbers they'll do. But it's fun to speculate I suppose. I'm guilty of partaking as well.
2/8/13 6:17 PM
Chris27

FixedPartialArts - 
Chris27 - 
FixedPartialArts - 
Chris27 - 

They still haven't eclipsed the million mark. The first card drew 938K. The million+ was for the peak.

They might be able to beat 938K if they put Mo on TNA actually beforehand like they said they will do eventually last night.

Good to see you realize they'll have to go at least a season before we can get even a decent gauge on the numbers they'll do. But it's fun to speculate I suppose. I'm guilty of partaking as well.

Well I personally think you'll see these numbers hold up all season, 700-800k depending on the show but the reality show and the summer series will be interesting.

What the season averages if they go up in the summer or down thats the real key. If they do 800k average this season, maybe stay the same or even go down a bit in the summer but with the reality show they come back and go up in the fall thats what tells everyone what they are capable of.
2/8/13 7:30 PM
liquidrob

I wonder why mmajunkie doesnt report the ratings anymore for bellator? They did for the first show, but the next 3 weeks
2/8/13 8:58 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For their first run on a major network hovering around 800k every week is fucking awesome. Thats better than many episodes of TUF 16 just last season.

I think it's important to remember this is basically year 1 for Bellator. After they start thier reality show and have cross promotion with all the other Spike shows and familiar faces like Randy Couture...I'm thinking they could be hovering at 1-1.1 million in no time. That would be scary as fuck for the UFC.

2/8/13 9:18 PM
bonersaurus
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They used their lead in perfectly yesterday. Cutting from TNA directly to two guys already in the cage. That's how you get new viewers. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:44 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonersaurus - They used their lead in perfectly yesterday. Cutting from TNA directly to two guys already in the cage. That's how you get new viewers. Phone Post
Agreed I liked that. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:45 PM
liquidrob

Yeah, smart move, different approach from the other weeks
2/8/13 10:59 PM
RKing85
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good news, especially cause Impact Wrestling was down 200,000 viewers from the week before, so Bellator's lead in was weaker.
2/8/13 11:05 PM
Chris27

PrettyBoy - For their first run on a major network hovering around 800k every week is fucking awesome. Thats better than many episodes of TUF 16 just last season.

I think it's important to remember this is basically year 1 for Bellator. After they start thier reality show and have cross promotion with all the other Spike shows and familiar faces like Randy Couture...I'm thinking they could be hovering at 1-1.1 million in no time. That would be scary as fuck for the UFC.

How so? UFC is getting 100 mill a year, is doing millions of PPV buys a year, is doing 5 mill on Fox, just did 2 mill for an FX event and a prelim.

Bellator sells 2500 tickets, when they are selling 12k tickets, doing 7 figure gates, million plus viewers a week and putting on PPV that are doing 300k buys thats when the UFC would be alittle nervous.

Bellators biggest events doing what TUF does isnt gonna make the UFC scared.
2/8/13 11:43 PM
PrettyBoy

Chris27 - 
PrettyBoy - For their first run on a major network hovering around 800k every week is fucking awesome. Thats better than many episodes of TUF 16 just last season.

How so? UFC is getting 100 mill a year, is doing millions of PPV buys a year, is doing 5 mill on Fox, just did 2 mill for an FX event and a prelim.

Bellator sells 2500 tickets, when they are selling 12k tickets, doing 7 figure gates, million plus viewers a week and putting on PPV that are doing 300k buys thats when the UFC would be alittle nervous.

Bellators biggest events doing what TUF does isnt gonna make the UFC scared.

Maybe you should read my post again.

I said if Bellator starts averaging a million viewers a week thats going to be scary for the UFC. Because there will officially be another promotion with a big fanbase that isnt in a position to sellout and has pockets big enough to continue to push it to the next level.

Viacom can continually beat Bellator into the minds of the youth demo through MTV, Comedy Central, etc and can take it main stream by integrating the product in major motion pictures.

It wont happen overnight. But shit can happen. You dont think Myspace had their market completely cornered when Facebook kicked off?

2/8/13 11:46 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.