Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emphatik - 
cm81 - 
benjitsu13 -
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

Then Frank came along and ended their fighting careers.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Don't you ever dare to rewrite history. Phone Post

Let me tell you something "gramps". As an "01'r" you should be smart enough to know that using someone's age in a derogatory way never makes you look like anything but a tool. Then again, if you did know that and have been on the UG for more than a decade, you would likely have more than a 13 rating. I am not even disagreeing with what you are saying, just that when you parse things in this way, you invalidate yourself. Food for thought...
Ok son, maybe one day 10 yrs from now, some punk kid who just started to watch MMA will tell you that Jon Jones was only mediocre and only faced low caliber fighters like Shogun, Machida and Rampage. When that happens, see if you can be as restrained as I was.

"Gramps" Phone Post

quality posts all through this thread by cm81.

This
2/11/13 12:17 PM
white belt
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Logged in to vote up cm81.
2/15/13 11:14 AM
bhealthy

Rickson's Aura - Frank was 5-0 in title fights. He finished all of his title fights in different ways and not a single fight of his was boring. How many UFC fighters can you say that about? He was also the UFC's main guy when he retired as champ.

TRUE
2/15/13 11:15 AM
bhealthy

Perfer Et Obdura - 
NitroSantanaCFH - Point is, a professional fighter looks like a childish idiot calling out anyone who isn't a fighter.

What are you talking about? Dana has had hundreds of boxing matches.

Just ask him.

he hehe heh heh heh heh Heh !
2/15/13 11:25 AM
bhealthy

Dana hates Frank because Frank eventually became bigger than UFC-brand. But he should not feel threatened. Frank appeals to martial artists. Dana is a businessman looking for reality show and circus/freakshow fans. Copmaring the two is apples:oranges like comparing a ninja to a carnival barker.

Putting an Alpha-male with nuts into the ufc hof just doesnt fit the roid-era mindset of zuffa's "TRT"/PED-dependent product.
2/15/13 11:25 AM
bhealthy

ttt
2/15/13 11:35 AM
rampage281

Frank is bigger than the UFC brand? I'll give you that he "retired" from the UFC early and people still wanted to see him fight, but I don't remember him becoming bigger than the UFC. Especially not in the Zuffa era. Phone Post
2/15/13 12:00 PM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And obviously the most important element to whether or not you make it into the UFC HoF is how much Dana respects you.

Should just rename it Hall of Dana White Respect.
2/15/13 12:30 PM
white

Why would the first guy to hold an organization's belt - and one of the first cross-trained/"true" mixed martial artists not deserve to be in The HOF? Are you guys really serious? Phone Post
2/15/13 12:43 PM
anunaki
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say he makes it in, just barely. He found a way to win against horn and Tito who both should have won those fights. Alot of his best moments were in pancrase though. So i get the "mma hall of fame" comment also. Phone Post
2/15/13 12:54 PM
Death Beast

big_roy_fan - Frank was only good when his opponents weren't.

Someone please boothisman.gif
2/15/13 1:42 PM
Stan Dan Wang

big_roy_fan - Frank was only good when his opponents weren't.

facepalm.jpg

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.