UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DW: "I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock"

2/8/13 10:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theshooter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Shamrock most definitely should be included in the Hall of Fame. Saying that he should not is absurd.
2/8/13 10:19 PM
Ip Man 81

theshooter - Frank Shamrock most definitely should be included in the Hall of Fame. Saying that he should not is absurd.
Yes he should, just not the UFC hof :) Phone Post
2/8/13 10:23 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 10:23 PM
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

^ Those are not his biggest wins you ridiculous noob.

Do enlighten me Sensei Seagal... Phone Post

The names Igor Zinoviev and Kevin Jackson don't mean anything to you because you are a noob. There's nothing wrong with being a noob but trying to pretend you're knowledgeable about what went on when you weren't paying attention is just silly. I don't think there's anybody who followed MMA when Frank Shamrock was fighting (other than Dana) who doesn't think he belongs in the HOF.

2/8/13 10:25 PM
Rear Naked Chode
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"

Yeah Frank would totally devalue the ufc hof.

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/charles-mask-lewis-tapout.jpg

Oh wait......
2/8/13 10:41 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

Then Frank came along and ended their fighting careers.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Don't you ever dare to rewrite history. Phone Post
Did I say anything about him not facing high caliber fighters?? No dumb shit I didn't. Frank Shamrock was a great fighter, Dont get me wrong. But as far as making the UFC hof, he doesn't make the cut. Otherwise he would be a member of the UFC hof :) so as you being an 01'er I don't think u know your ass from your face. Phone Post

Uh pretty sure you did mention him not facing high caliber fighters by saying he himself was not a high caliber fighter.

You should really just stop. You got rightfully put in your place trying to speak on shit like you know when you don't.

2/8/13 10:45 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

The names Igor Zinoviev and Kevin Jackson don't mean anything to you because you are a noob. There's nothing wrong with being a noob but trying to pretend you're knowledgeable about what went on when you weren't paying attention is just silly. I don't think there's anybody who followed MMA when Frank Shamrock was fighting (other than Dana) who doesn't think he belongs in the HOF.

Well obviously the UFC doesn't think he should be and it's their HOF :) how can somebody argue against that. NONE of the ppl he beat in the UFC should earn him that spot. And yes I jumped the gun on Horn because he's one of my fav fighters, but I definetly think Tito was his biggest ufc win. Besides the point, want makes u think a win over Kevin Jackson and Igor puts you in line for the hof? Wtf dude Phone Post
2/8/13 10:47 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Voted up.
2/8/13 10:48 PM
Ip Man 81

triso -
Ip Man 81 - 
cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

Did I say anything about him not facing high caliber fighters?? No dumb shit I didn't. Frank Shamrock was a great fighter, Dont get me wrong. But as far as making the UFC hof, he doesn't make the cut. Otherwise he would be a member of the UFC hof :) so as you being an 01'er I don't think u know your ass from your face. Phone Post

Uh pretty sure you did mention him not facing high caliber fighters by saying he himself was not a high caliber fighter.

You should really just stop. You got rightfully put in your place trying to speak on shit like you know when you don't.

No one he fought in the UFC should earn him a spot, otherwise he'd be in there, correct? Phone Post
2/8/13 10:52 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 10:52 PM
You're really still going? No one he fought should earn him a spot? Really? Did you not already get told what's up?

Just stop. You got called on your bullshit. So tired of you fucken noobs talking like you know shit when you don't.
2/8/13 10:57 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 10:57 PM
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

Well obviously the UFC doesn't think he should be and it's their HOF :) how can somebody argue against that. NONE of the ppl he beat in the UFC should earn him that spot. And yes I jumped the gun on Horn because he's one of my fav fighters, but I definetly think Tito was his biggest ufc win. Besides the point, want makes u think a win over Kevin Jackson and Igor puts you in line for the hof? Wtf dude Phone Post

Frank is not in the UFC HOF because Dana dislikes him. I'm surprised that anyone would seriously dispute this but I guess that's what noobs do. Tito was indeed a big win and a big fight. Where do you think Tito vs Frank belongs in the UFC top 100 fights? What happened there?

2/8/13 11:02 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit at the ZUFFA shills in this thread. Frank Shamrock is one of the greatest UFC champions ever. Him NOT being in the HOF devalues the HOF as a whole.

2/8/13 11:04 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I'm not exactly sure if he's being serious. Not taking anything away from frank, but please don't compare Igor Zinoviev & Kevin Jackson to Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, that's laughable at best. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:13 PM
Ip Man 81

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Ip Man 81 -
triso -
Ip Man 81 - 
cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

No one he fought in the UFC should earn him a spot, otherwise he'd be in there, correct? Phone Post
Incorrect. Dana himself will admit the reason Frank isn't in the HOF is cos he hates him.

Oh, and he schooled Tito when they fought so that harpoons your idiotic theory. Just read wiki about frank shamrock FFS Phone Post
Everyone knows Dana dislikes him, but I honestly don't think he could be kept out of the hof because Dana dislikes him. If there is a video of Dana saying he deserves the UFC hof but isn't because he dislikes him I will apologize and admit I'm a dumbass and switch my SN to whatever u think is appropriate. I've never seen Dana say THAT, but maybe it's out there. The bottom line is hes not in it and never will be. Had he stayed in the UFC and fought a couple more years, he would probably be in it because he was that type a fighter, just not in the UFC. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:20 PM
inf0
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't think Frank deserves HOF status in the UFC you're a fucking noob. That is seriously all there is to it. Nothing wrong with it, just the facts.

2/8/13 11:21 PM
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

BOOM!

Now all the TUF noobs can STFU.

Frank was THE MAN in his day.
2/8/13 11:21 PM
yabadaba

Edited: 02/08/13 11:21 PM

One of the funny things about noobs is that they rarely admit to being noobs. They just argue their silly noob opinions on things they know nothing about and assume it's not obvious that they are noobs.

Ip Man 81 - do you admit to being a noob (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

2/8/13 11:28 PM
inf0
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell - 
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

BOOM!

Now all the TUF noobs can STFU.

Frank was THE MAN in his day.

ez

vtfu

2/8/13 11:29 PM
inf0

Edited: 02/08/13 11:28 PM
misclick

2/8/13 11:29 PM
inf0

Mr.Negative - 

lol at some of you mother fuckers on his jock.

he has zero business being in the UFC HOF. ZERO. 

maybe pancrase HOF, but even then, when he left japan and started fighting in the UFC/strikeforce his record was 14-7-1. 

fucking idiot.. gargle bleach

2/8/13 11:30 PM
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 

maybe pancrase HOF, but even then, when he left japan and started fighting in the UFC/strikeforce his record was 14-7-1. 

He was 5-0 in the UFC. Nobody is talking about Strikeforce. 

2/8/13 11:33 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -

One of the funny things about noobs is that they rarely admit to being noobs. They just argue their silly noob opinions on things they know nothing about and assume it's not obvious that they are noobs.

Ip Man 81 - do you admit to being a noob (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

Really dude? Because someone doesn't agree that shamrock should be in the UFC hof? Why don't you give a logical explanation on why he should be in there with only having a few UFC fights against the opponents he did? Your a Shamrock fan boy, and that's cool, I like Shamrock too, but you can't let that make u bias about the topic. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:34 PM
yabadaba

Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

Really dude? Because someone doesn't agree that shamrock should be in the UFC hof? Why don't you give a logical explanation on why he should be in there with only having a few UFC fights against the opponents he did? Your a Shamrock fan boy, and that's cool, I like Shamrock too, but you can't let that make u bias about the topic. Phone Post

You didn't answer the question.

2/8/13 11:37 PM
yabadaba

"care to elaborate on jackson "the jon jones of his time" with his amazing 3-0 record?"

That's a bit of hyperbole IMO but in their day Zinoviev and Jackson were the guys to beat.

2/8/13 11:37 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -
Mr.Negative - 

I'm glad being 5-0 in the UFC earns you a place in the UFC hof, oh wait, it doesn't. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:38 PM
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

5-0 in the UFC and unquestionably THE BEST sub-200 fighter (as it was then) during his entire reign.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.