UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DW: "I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock"

2/8/13 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

One of the funny things about noobs is that they rarely admit to being noobs. They just argue their silly noob opinions on things they know nothing about and assume it's not obvious that they are noobs.

Ip Man 81 - do you admit to being a noob (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

Really dude? Because someone doesn't agree that shamrock should be in the UFC hof? Why don't you give a logical explanation on why he should be in there with only having a few UFC fights against the opponents he did? Your a Shamrock fan boy, and that's cool, I like Shamrock too, but you can't let that make u bias about the topic. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:34 PM
yabadaba
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

One of the funny things about noobs is that they rarely admit to being noobs. They just argue their silly noob opinions on things they know nothing about and assume it's not obvious that they are noobs.

Ip Man 81 - do you admit to being a noob (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

Really dude? Because someone doesn't agree that shamrock should be in the UFC hof? Why don't you give a logical explanation on why he should be in there with only having a few UFC fights against the opponents he did? Your a Shamrock fan boy, and that's cool, I like Shamrock too, but you can't let that make u bias about the topic. Phone Post

You didn't answer the question.

2/8/13 11:37 PM
yabadaba
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"care to elaborate on jackson "the jon jones of his time" with his amazing 3-0 record?"

That's a bit of hyperbole IMO but in their day Zinoviev and Jackson were the guys to beat.

2/8/13 11:37 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -
Mr.Negative - 

lol at some of you mother fuckers on his jock.

he has zero business being in the UFC HOF. ZERO. 

maybe pancrase HOF, but even then, when he left japan and started fighting in the UFC/strikeforce his record was 14-7-1. 

He was 5-0 in the UFC. Nobody is talking about Strikeforce. 

I'm glad being 5-0 in the UFC earns you a place in the UFC hof, oh wait, it doesn't. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:38 PM
rockwell
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

maybe pancrase HOF, but even then, when he left japan and started fighting in the UFC/strikeforce his record was 14-7-1. 

5-0 in the UFC and unquestionably THE BEST sub-200 fighter (as it was then) during his entire reign.
2/8/13 11:40 PM
Mr.Negative
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

yeah, and? 

is every.single.UFC.champion in the UFC HOF? no, they're not. 

hell, Tim Sylvia defended his title more often than shamrock, had a better record when he left the UFC than shamrock and NOT one person on this forum/thread is will even consider putting Sylvia in the UFC HOF at this time.

riddle me that batman...lol

2/8/13 11:41 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr.Negative - 
inf0 - 
Mr.Negative - 

fucking idiot.. gargle bleach

lol nice tuck.

care to elaborate on jackson "the jon jones of his time" with his amazing 3-0 record? or what else he did in the UFC to warrant this amazing jockriding you guys are doing?

Ask Tito the same question.

2/8/13 11:43 PM
Mr.Negative
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell - 
yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

5-0 in the UFC and unquestionably THE BEST sub-200 fighter (as it was then) during his entire reign.

his entire reign? he was champ for a grand total of 21 months. he fought in the UFC for LESS than 2 years. and he wasn't the best sub-200 fighter at the time. i remember i guy named the axemurderer that was 11-2 when frank walked away and it could be argued he fought better competition and tougher tournaments, wait, no it can't, frank didn't.

2/8/13 11:43 PM
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

yeah, and? 

hell, Tim Sylvia defended his title more often than shamrock, had a better record when he left the UFC than shamrock and NOT one person on this forum/thread is will even consider putting Sylvia in the UFC HOF at this time.

Tim Sylvia has the big win over Ricco but was submitted by Mir in his 4th UFC fight. Not sure why you want to compare him to Frank Shamrock.

2/8/13 11:44 PM
yabadaba

rockwell - 
yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

Him or Sakuraba IMO.

2/8/13 11:45 PM
Mr.Negative

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

yeah, and? 

Tim Sylvia has the big win over Ricco but was submitted by Mir in his 4th UFC fight. Not sure why you want to compare him to Frank Shamrock.

Tim Sylvia defended his title more times than Frank did. 

2/8/13 11:45 PM
Mr.Negative

LOL at you bitch cowards voting me down.

2/8/13 11:46 PM
Proteus The Invincible

Mr.Negative - 

Frank's record began to worsen once he left Japan and started fighting in the UFC? Do you mean the organisation where he was never beaten and exclusively involved in championship fights?
2/8/13 11:47 PM
Mr.Negative

and yeah, a strong case could be made for either sak or silva being the best sub-200 fighter at the time. 

but we all know why those fights didn't happen. frank shamrock greatly over estimated his worth and sat on the sidelines taking 2 fights in 6 fucking years, missing out on what was probably the prime of his fighting career.

2/8/13 11:48 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

If I was a noob I wouldn't be in this convo...so no.... hope that makes u feel better. Alls you are is a Shamrock fan boy who can't except the facts:) you will one day, I hope. We're all bias in our own ways so don't feel bad about it. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:51 PM
Mr.Negative

Proteus The Invincible - 
Frank's record began to worsen once he left Japan and started fighting in the UFC? Do you mean the organisation where he was never beaten and exclusively involved in championship fights?

never beaten in Pancrase? are you fucking retarded? he lost 3 of his last 4 fights in pancrase.

2/8/13 11:52 PM
Mr.Negative

Loss 11–6–1 Kiuma Kunioku Decision (unanimous) Pancrase: Truth 10 December 15, 1996 1 20:00 Tokyo, Japan

Loss 11–5–1 Yuki Kondo KO (head kick) Pancrase: 1996 Anniversary Show September 7, 1996 1 12:43 Chiba, Japan

Win 11–4–1 Manabu Yamada Submission (rear naked choke) Pancrase: 1996 New-Blood Tournament, Round 1 July 22, 1996 1 12:44 Tokyo, Japan

Loss 10–4–1 Bas Rutten TKO (doctor stoppage) Pancrase: Truth 5 May 16, 1996 1 11:11 Tokyo, Japan

2/8/13 11:56 PM
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 

Stop crying. I've been voted down on this thread as well. That's just the way it goes.

2/9/13 12:00 AM
pmbrent
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Different times back then. Unfair to compare back then to today. At that time UFC maybe had 6 to 8 events a year. Today there are at least 15 events with options for more championship caliber fights Winning five championship fights should count for something. Yeah maybe today people like Jeremy Horn and John Lober look like nothing but with that logic then u can say that Chuck Lidell fought bums. In his championship matches he fought Babalu and Horn. Looking back names that don't excite.
Severn, Gracie, and K Shamrock had a lot wins due to the tournament style over possible nobodies. All HOF. Maybe winning five championship fights today does not cut it but I often see Rich Franklin's name in HOF threads and he has only three championship wins. Give pioneers like shamrock and militech a break. Different times back then compared to stars of today. FRAT. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:01 AM
yabadaba

Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

If I was a noob I wouldn't be in this convo...so no.... hope that makes u feel better. Alls you are is a Shamrock fan boy who can't except the facts:) you will one day, I hope. We're all bias in our own ways so don't feel bad about it. Phone Post

Why would being a noob stop you from being in this conversation? As for Frank Shamrock I'm not really a fan I just give credit where it's due. Who did you pick between Igor and Frank?

2/9/13 12:01 AM
Mr.Negative

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 

Stop crying. I've been voted down on this thread as well. That's just the way it goes.

i'm not crying. i just think its funny that a few of these guys can't handle being 100% wrong and use the vote down function instead of better articulating their position.

2/9/13 12:03 AM
yabadaba

pmbrent -  Different times back then. Unfair to compare back then to today. At that time UFC maybe had 6 to 8 events a year. Today there are at least 15 events with options for more championship caliber fights Winning five championship fights should count for something. Yeah maybe today people like Jeremy Horn and John Lober look like nothing but with that logic then u can say that Chuck Lidell fought bums. In his championship matches he fought Babalu and Horn. Looking back names that don't excite.
Severn, Gracie, and K Shamrock had a lot wins due to the tournament style over possible nobodies. All HOF. Maybe winning five championship fights today does not cut it but I often see Rich Franklin's name in HOF threads and he has only three championship wins. Give pioneers like shamrock and militech a break. Different times back then compared to stars of today. FRAT. Phone Post

Good post and good explanation of why looking back through wikipedia doesn't give the whole story.

2/9/13 12:04 AM
dannyapodaca
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's a joke. Clown runs his mouth like he's a tuff guy. Someone will catch him and piss will be running down his leg. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:08 AM
gabemadrid
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Ip Man 81 -
triso -
Ip Man 81 - 
cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

Then Frank came along and ended their fighting careers.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Don't you ever dare to rewrite history. Phone Post
Did I say anything about him not facing high caliber fighters?? No dumb shit I didn't. Frank Shamrock was a great fighter, Dont get me wrong. But as far as making the UFC hof, he doesn't make the cut. Otherwise he would be a member of the UFC hof :) so as you being an 01'er I don't think u know your ass from your face. Phone Post

Uh pretty sure you did mention him not facing high caliber fighters by saying he himself was not a high caliber fighter.

You should really just stop. You got rightfully put in your place trying to speak on shit like you know when you don't.

No one he fought in the UFC should earn him a spot, otherwise he'd be in there, correct? Phone Post
Incorrect. Dana himself will admit the reason Frank isn't in the HOF is cos he hates him.

Oh, and he schooled Tito when they fought so that harpoons your idiotic theory. Just read wiki about frank shamrock FFS Phone Post
Everyone knows Dana dislikes him, but I honestly don't think he could be kept out of the hof because Dana dislikes him. If there is a video of Dana saying he deserves the UFC hof but isn't because he dislikes him I will apologize and admit I'm a dumbass and switch my SN to whatever u think is appropriate. I've never seen Dana say THAT, but maybe it's out there. The bottom line is hes not in it and never will be. Had he stayed in the UFC and fought a couple more years, he would probably be in it because he was that type a fighter, just not in the UFC. Phone Post
Franks been erased from UFC history bro. You'll never see a frank shamrock fight on fuel when they show old fights. He ain't going no where near the UFC brand. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:09 AM
BertR

Edited: 02/09/13 12:10 AM
more people should be talking about how the UFC Hall of Fame is stupid outside of a marketing idea for Zuffa. If you want to honor mma fighters you'd promote an mma hall of fame, independent of promotion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.