UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DW: "I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock"

2/9/13 12:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

"Where do you think Tito vs Frank belongs in the UFC top 100 fights? What happened there?"

This is a question to Ip Man 81. If you don't know what I'm referring to just ask.

You've asked me multiple questions and I have answered all of them till now. I've asked you a few and your not acknowledging any of them except with your own questions... your trying to have a pissing contest on who is more knowledgeable. You still have not responded to my last one asking you why Frank should be in the UFC hof with the wins/opponents he has faced? His name in the UFC hof would be like a sore thumb sticking out, just not right. Yes frank and tito had an epic fight that should probibly be among the top ten UFC fights to this day, but that doesn't earn him a hof spot if that's your point? In some ways he has been screwed but not HOF wise. He killed that chance by not staying in the UFC. Phone Post

That's not my point at all. You say that Frank vs Tito should probably be in the top 10 UFC fights but it wasn't even a candidate for the top 100. Why do you think that is?

2/9/13 12:51 AM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid -
Ip Man 81 -
yabadaba -

"Where do you think Tito vs Frank belongs in the UFC top 100 fights? What happened there?"

This is a question to Ip Man 81. If you don't know what I'm referring to just ask.

And let me guess, you'll throw a shit storm if Lesnar doesn't make the HOF as well right? Phone Post
Frank isn't even in a top 100 fight dude is not part of UFC history. He fucked with the UFC and regardless of his accomplishments will never be a HOF not because he sucked or doesn't deserve it but because his mouth and his decisions got himself in trouble with the boss. Phone Post
That fight with Tito should be considered a classic in the UFC no doubt. I do feel for him on not being a part of the UFC in that way today, but not hof wise. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:57 AM
DaddyGorg

"Dana's a joke. Clown runs his mouth like he's a tuff guy. Someone will catch him and piss will be running down his leg."

Not compared to the river of piss running down Frank's leg if he had to be a successful CEO.
2/9/13 12:59 AM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

You've asked me multiple questions and I have answered all of them till now. I've asked you a few and your not acknowledging any of them except with your own questions... your trying to have a pissing contest on who is more knowledgeable. You still have not responded to my last one asking you why Frank should be in the UFC hof with the wins/opponents he has faced? His name in the UFC hof would be like a sore thumb sticking out, just not right. Yes frank and tito had an epic fight that should probibly be among the top ten UFC fights to this day, but that doesn't earn him a hof spot if that's your point? In some ways he has been screwed but not HOF wise. He killed that chance by not staying in the UFC. Phone Post

That's not my point at all. You say that Frank vs Tito should probably be in the top 10 UFC fights but it wasn't even a candidate for the top 100. Why do you think that is?

Unforchunatly because he was a man about his relationship with Dana, he wasn't afraid to share his feeling about Dana which fucked him out of being acknowledged in today's UFC history. I do feel for him on that, it's wrong that the only time dana brings him up is when he has something negative to say, but i still don't think he should be in the hof. How many more question will u ask before u respect my opinion, everyone is entitled to one. I don't agree with your opinion on him being worthy of the UFC hof, but it's your opinion and I have to respect that. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:03 AM
Mr.Negative
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrColdCock -  Wow Mr. Negative, you seem to have anger towards Shamrock to the point it clouds your judgement.

Shamrock may have been 14-7 in Japan, but its well known he went IMO pancrase as a total noob and learned on the go. Anyone who watched his career saw the dramatic improvements as he gained experience. I'm sure you witnessed this improvement first hand if you were indeed close with Lober.

Convenient you left out the Enson win which was a HUGE win at the time.

Also convenient that you mention his 4-3-1 record after leaving the UFC, but also forget to mention the losses came some 10 years after winning the UFC title when he returned plagues by injuries. This is all well documented and I'm sure you're aware of it.

You claim Shamrock got lucky that he injured Igor with the slam. One of the cleanest purest knockouts ever in the sport and you call it lucky. I wonder if you hold a grudge. Phone Post

injuries? he took a total of 3 fights in 7 years after he fought tito and claimed to be in great shape when he fought tito. he's said countless times how his cardio is why he won that fight.

he foughts scrubs after tito and when he fought legit competition he lost. what injuries hindered him during his fight with diaz? what injury made him take a fight with a 0-0 cesar gracie?

2/9/13 1:07 AM
Rear Naked Chode
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - 
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"

Yeah Frank would totally devalue the ufc hof.

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/charles-mask-lewis-tapout.jpg

Oh wait......

2/9/13 1:09 AM
Mr.Negative
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/charles-mask-lewis-tapout.jpg

Oh wait......

frank shamrock didn't do 1/100 the amount of work that charles lewis did sponsoring fighters and the UFC. so yeah, charles gets in and frank doesn't. not in the UFC HOF.

2/9/13 1:12 AM
Rear Naked Chode
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr.Negative - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 

Oh wait......

frank shamrock didn't do 1/100 the amount of work that charles lewis did sponsoring fighters and the UFC. so yeah, charles gets in and frank doesn't. not in the UFC HOF.

So, condom depot will be the next inductee to the UFC HOF?
2/9/13 1:13 AM
ufc98newb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  I'm not exactly sure if he's being serious. Not taking anything away from frank, but please don't compare Igor Zinoviev & Kevin Jackson to Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, that's laughable at best. Phone Post

Thank you. I was gonna comment on this myself, but decided to read through the comments and see if anybody else would have the sense to do it. disturbing how many people strongly agreed with this statement!

Anderson silva who is probably the consensus GOAT at this point in mma history and Jon Jones who many would say is the guy to take the spot before all is said and done. 

2/9/13 1:14 AM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank deserves to be h.o.f. /thread Phone Post
2/9/13 1:15 AM
HexRei

Rear Naked Chode - 
Mr.Negative - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 

Oh wait......

LOL VTFU. that brand has been on more fighter asses than their BJJ training partners
2/9/13 1:15 AM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 1:15 AM

"which fucked him out of being acknowledged in today's UFC history"

Correct. And part of not being acknowledged in today's UFC history is not being included in the UFC HOF (where pretty much everyone who followed MMA back then other than Mr. Negative thinks he belongs).

2/9/13 1:18 AM
Mr.Negative

yabadaba - 

Correct. And part of not being acknowledged in today's UFC history is not being included in the UFC HOF (where pretty much everyone who followed MMA back then other than Mr. Negative thinks he belongs).

MMA HOF? he definitely deserves to be in.

UFC HOF? maybe, but after A LOT of other fighters get in and he settles his beef with Dana. 

2/9/13 1:18 AM
MrColdCock
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rewatch the Strikeforce fights. The announcers were commenting on Frank's injuries to the point of ridiculousness.

What difference does it make anyway? Shamrock lost to Diaz in 2009. You claimed Shamrock wasn't a high caliber fighter in 1998. Citing a fight 10 years past his prime is retardation level.

Not just winning, but finishing Lober, Inoue, Jackson, Zinoviev, Horn and Tito in a three year period is fucking high caliber shit. Plain and simple. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:20 AM
Mr.Negative

Rear Naked Chode - 
Mr.Negative - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 

Oh wait......

lol at thinking condom depot has done as much for the UFC as tapout has. wow.

MrColdCock
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn iPhone typing. By the time I finally finish my FRAT, the post I'm responding to is three pages back. Phone Post
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 

UFC HOF? maybe, but after A LOT of other fighters get in and he settles his beef with Dana. 

Why should he be in the MMA HOF of fame but not the UFC HOF when most of his big wins were in the UFC? Why should he have to settle his beef with Dana to be in the UFC HOF?

2/9/13 1:22 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrColdCock -  Rewatch the Strikeforce fights. The announcers were commenting on Frank's injuries to the point of ridiculousness.

What difference does it make anyway? Shamrock lost to Diaz in 2009. You claimed Shamrock wasn't a high caliber fighter in 1998. Citing a fight 10 years past his prime is retardation level.

Not just winning, but finishing Lober, Inoue, Jackson, Zinoviev, Horn and Tito in a three year period is fucking high caliber shit. Plain and simple. Phone Post

this

2/9/13 1:23 AM
Mr.Negative

MrColdCock -  Rewatch the Strikeforce fights. The announcers were commenting on Frank's injuries to the point of ridiculousness.

hmmmm. strikeforce fighters commentating in favor of their guy? get the fuck outta here. the next thing you're going to tell me is that joe rogan is biased at times as well...wait a minute.

he lost to lober, beat enson, then went 5-0 against weak competition, then sat out for almost 6 years then jumped back into the game taking bullshit fights and losing to top competition. not high caliber. great fighter, but not on the royce/couture/silva/jones level in the least.

2/9/13 1:27 AM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - Having a hall of fame ran by a promoter is hilarious, I dont know why anyone would pay attention to that

A simple statement, but so true.
Mr.Negative

yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 

Why should he be in the MMA HOF of fame but not the UFC HOF when most of his big wins were in the UFC? Why should he have to settle his beef with Dana to be in the UFC HOF?

i'd argue that his win over enson, kohsaka and bas are as big if not bigger wins than igor and kevin jackson.

is his biggest win his win over tito? probably, but one stellar fight doesn't get you into the UFC HOF. otherwise tim sylvia would be in there, rico rodriguez would be in, etc.

Rear Naked Chode

Mr.Negative - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Mr.Negative - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 

Oh wait......

lol at thinking condom depot has done as much for the UFC as tapout has. wow.

No dude, lol @ you for thinking a sponsor deserves to be in the UFC HOF more than a legend who defended his belt 4 times in exciting fashion.

You obviously have a bias against Frank, and that's fine, but give credit where its due. I'm not even a huge fan of him but can recognize he deserves it.

2/9/13 1:29 AM
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 

hmmmm. strikeforce fighters commentating in favor of their guy? get the fuck outta here. the next thing you're going to tell me is that joe rogan is biased at times as well...wait a minute.

he lost to lober, beat enson, then went 5-0 against weak competition, then sat out for almost 6 years then jumped back into the game taking bullshit fights and losing to top competition. not high caliber. great fighter, but not on the royce/couture/silva/jones level in the least.

Weak competition? Didn't Lober prove how good he was against Igor? Didn't Kevin crush Lober?

2/9/13 1:32 AM
Mr.Negative

he was great back then, but he took the fight on 2 weeks notice. he was in absolutely no condition to be fighting frank and took the fight for the fuck of it. i've fucking talked to both of them about it on a couple different occasions. frank couldn't believe he took it after the brazilian fighter backed out (can't remember who it was) but was super amped to get a chance to avenge his loss. and avenge it he did...lol

2/9/13 1:33 AM
yabadaba

Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 
Mr.Negative - 
yabadaba - 

i'd argue that his win over enson, kohsaka and bas are as big if not bigger wins than igor and kevin jackson.

is his biggest win his win over tito? probably, but one stellar fight doesn't get you into the UFC HOF. otherwise tim sylvia would be in there, rico rodriguez would be in, etc.

Igor, Kevin and Tito were all stellar fights IMO. Enson was also a big win. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.