UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DW: "I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock"

2/9/13 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gabemadrid
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone -

The only reason Frank is not in the HOF is because of Dana butt hurt. Look at it like this if Randy wasn't in the HOF already and had done this new Bellator deal Dana would never put him in.

- Phone Post
2/9/13 11:43 AM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 11:44 AM
benjitsu13 - 
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

Then Frank came along and ended their fighting careers.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Don't you ever dare to rewrite history. Phone Post

Let me tell you something "gramps". As an "01'r" you should be smart enough to know that using someone's age in a derogatory way never makes you look like anything but a tool. Then again, if you did know that and have been on the UG for more than a decade, you would likely have more than a 13 rating. I am not even disagreeing with what you are saying, just that when you parse things in this way, you invalidate yourself. Food for thought...

IpMan got owned and sat down by cm81

It was the truth. It was spot on.

2/9/13 11:55 AM
Symbolic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan -
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Okay? that still doesn't make him UFC HOF worthy. Look at the guys who are in there. They've all put in work and were on good terms with UFC.
Frank left after winning the belt
He didn't leave after winning the belt, he became champ after beating Jackson, and defended it against Lober, Horn, Igor, and Ortiz. He does deserve to be in the HOF, his fight with Tito had one of the biggest impacts on MMA as a sport, he showed how to be a truly well rounded fighter at the time and how important conditioning is. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:02 PM
FloridaStriker

Edited: 02/09/13 12:03 PM
This is a very interesting topic. It clearly draws lines between the affliction wearing, monster drinking, tatted up stereotypical TUF fans and MMA fans who got into MMA through fighting not because of a TV show

I think thats exactly what Frank is trying to do. Help MMA leave the direction its pointed in. Land of douchebaggery and ignorance
2/9/13 12:08 PM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

benjitsu13 - 
In Limbo - 
Ip Man 81 - 

wow you both are stupid idiots

you only know of shammy via wikipedia

typical posts from Fox noobs with '12 and '13 join dates

I don't go in for the whole "judging via year of joining" bull, but if you are going to pull that, at least do it with a few more years under your belt than +1 or +2 on the guys you are trashing. Next time try for a valid point instead of phony elitism.Ass.

shut up 12er

2/9/13 12:25 PM
LBoutin
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 
benjitsu13 - 
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

Let me tell you something "gramps". As an "01'r" you should be smart enough to know that using someone's age in a derogatory way never makes you look like anything but a tool. Then again, if you did know that and have been on the UG for more than a decade, you would likely have more than a 13 rating. I am not even disagreeing with what you are saying, just that when you parse things in this way, you invalidate yourself. Food for thought...

IpMan got owned and sat down by cm81

It was the truth. It was spot on.

This.

Plus Benjitsu, if you had been around for a while you would know that the ranking thing is relatively new thing to the forum. It hasn't been around for 15+ years.
2/9/13 12:46 PM
LBoutin
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the time when he was Champ, he was seen as the number 1 under 200 lb fighter in the world. Wanderlei's LHW reign of terror hadn't stared yet and Saku was just staring to pick up speed in Japan (A fight that Frank pushed for, but Pride wanted Gracie's and Rickson in Particular more for Saku) Would have been a great fight, had it happened back in 1999-2000.

The guys Frank beat in the UFC were the cream of the crop at the time.

Does a guy have to beat the entire Top 10-15 in his weight class to be considered a Great Champion or is 5 or 6 of the top guys enough ? Back then, no champion had dominated his division like Frank did. So for that reason IMO he deserves to be in the UFC HoF.

The beauty of the internet. It can give all the info a person can handle, but it can't give you true knowledge.
2/9/13 12:49 PM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

benjitsu13 - 
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

you are right, it isnt always cool to judge by join dates......bc many of us here had accounts previously

but the combo of your dumb post about shammy and the fact you question a'01's knowledge bc of his karma rating exposes you as a typical FOX/Brock/wikipedia noob

2/9/13 12:54 PM
Driscoll
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank never coached on TUF, so he shouldn't be in.

Watching Ip Man and Mr. Negative get destroyed on this thread has been very entertaining. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:04 PM
LBoutin

big_roy_fan - dave menne should be in the UFC HOF too
This one I would argue MMA hall of fame yes. UFC HoF no. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:21 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LBoutin -
He's trolling you. Or at least thinks he is. The truth though is he is tipping his hand that he couldn't give a fuck about the history if MMA. It invalidates him from the conversation. Why bother spend the time educating someone who knows fuck all and doesn't care. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:29 PM
Ip Man 81

Driscoll - Frank never coached on TUF, so he shouldn't be in.

Watching Ip Man and Mr. Negative get destroyed on this thread has been very entertaining. Phone Post
Lol at this guy...Coaching TUF shouldn't be a prerequisite for the UFC hof. U sure ur a fighter? Phone Post
2/9/13 1:33 PM
LBoutin

MrColdCock -
LBoutin -
He's trolling you. Or at least thinks he is. The truth though is he is tipping his hand that he couldn't give a fuck about the history if MMA. It invalidates him from the conversation. Why bother spend the time educating someone who knows fuck all and doesn't care. Phone Post
True Phone Post
2/9/13 1:38 PM
neibs

cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

I agree with this. Also to say he only had a few fights in UFC then left and had a mediocre record elsewhere seems to not matter in UFC hof since you could say the same thing about Severn and Gracie. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:44 PM
mijo

big_roy_fan - 
MrColdCock - 
LBoutin -

Lol sorry you MMA historian you, i'm just saying that not every UFC champ deserves to be in the HOF.

Frank belongs in the HOF.
2/9/13 1:47 PM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 1:47 PM

"Lol sorry you MMA historian you, i'm just saying that not every UFC champ deserves to be in the HOF."

Nobody has suggested that every UFC champ deserves to be in the UFC HOF.

2/9/13 1:59 PM
Perfer Et Obdura
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Charles Mask Lewis is in the UFC HOF, then Frank deserves to be in the HOF.
2/9/13 1:59 PM
cm81
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

benjitsu13 -
cm81 - 
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

Ok son, maybe one day 10 yrs from now, some punk kid who just started to watch MMA will tell you that Jon Jones was only mediocre and only faced low caliber fighters like Shogun, Machida and Rampage. When that happens, see if you can be as restrained as I was.

"Gramps" Phone Post
2/9/13 2:00 PM
Ip Man 81

yabadaba -

"Lol sorry you MMA historian you, i'm just saying that not every UFC champ deserves to be in the HOF."

Nobody has suggested that every UFC champ deserves to be in the UFC HOF.

:( Phone Post
2/9/13 2:01 PM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i'm done arguging here because everyone is biased"

Interesting how pretty much everyone who followed the sport back then seems to share the same bias.

2/9/13 2:04 PM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On a positive note there are lots of well informed and knowledgeable posts in this thread.

Mr ColdCock is one of my absolute favourite contributors to this forum.

End of the day, Frank was an elite level fighter (Frank vs Saku is probably my #1 dream matchup that never happened) and Dana is a promoter. If you prefer promoters over actual fighters you have a pretty twisted take on MMA as a sport. Phone Post
2/9/13 2:05 PM
mark of the wolf
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at these young members trying to tell us a thing or two about MMA history.
2/9/13 2:24 PM
In Limbo

big_roy_fan - 
mijo - 
big_roy_fan - 
MrColdCock - 
LBoutin -

Lol sorry you MMA historian you, i'm just saying that not every UFC champ deserves to be in the HOF.

Frank belongs in the HOF.

Lol no he doesn't

i'm done arguging here because everyone is biased, but i just don't think he cuts it to make it into the UFC hall of fame.

biased?

no.... everyone else here except for you and the other guy are EDUCATED on the matter

the more you post the more evident it is that you started following MMA in the past 2 years MAX

nothing wrong with that at all......but saying something absolutely ridiculous and thinking you are educated on it is very very very gay

2/9/13 2:30 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank is a HOFer
2/9/13 2:39 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Rockwell.

Despite all my rants on the thread, I'm not convinced Dana has screwed Frank yet. At this point, I wouldn't argue Frank over any hall members (Mask aside, but as a non fighter, I'm not gonna try to argue him against Frank).

There is no one in the hall that Frank deserves it over.

The issue is, out of retired fighters, Frank (and Militech) is the clear next choice and it sure looks like Dana would rather wait then have to induct either of those guys. That's smells like bullshit to me.

Quote from Wiki:

"UFC President Dana White has announced that so far it is certain that fellow UFC fighters Anderson Silva, Georges St-Pierre, Forrest Griffin, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson and BJ Penn will eventually be inducted into the hall of fame, most likely before anyone else."

If this is the case, I don't think you could argue Frank over those guys as well. Dana sets the standards for his inductees and IMO he isn't breaking those standards. It almost seems like he's setting the bar right at Frank. Like I said, it smells like bullshit....

What does piss me off though is self professed "fans" who feel the need to contribute their shit opinion to people who know the sport far better then they do. Frank Shamrock wasn't a high caliber fighter? Fuck off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.