UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DW: "I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock"

2/9/13 3:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeteyWheatstraw
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where did Frank say he wants to fight Dana? That's pretty funny if true. I think Frank just says stuff to get a reaction out of Dana. A real, proven badass toying with a guy who thinks his mouth and swear words makes him seem badass.

They should box. Frank should walk into Dana's world. Because when you walk into Dana's world, you walk out a loser.
2/9/13 3:41 PM
MMAfan1million
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -
Krookedkemp -  Frank in ufc hall of fame is like putting fedor in it! Makes no sense!!! Phone Post

Wow, that's a truly shitty analogy if I've ever heard one. Please shut up.
Agree. Fedor never fought in the UFC, Frank beat the crap out of HOF member Tito Ortiz in what I personally think is one of the most impressive fights I've seen. I can see the arguments based on his few fights in the UFC, but 5-0 and holding the belt is pretty damn impressive. Why did he leave the UFC after that? Phone Post
2/9/13 3:42 PM
JoelN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank was dominant at the time he was fighting in the UFC.  He changed the way people looked at physical training; cardio specifically.  Tito, after the fight with Frank, went to train with him.

The main reason Frank left UFC was because of Dana and what he saw as business practices that were not favorable for the fighters, not because he 'quit'.

In addition to Frank and Miletich not being in the UFC hof, how the fuck is Rorion Gracie not in there?  This was his idea, his baby....Mask is in there, but Rorion isn't? 

2/9/13 3:51 PM
fanaticomma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 3:53 PM
You can not like a person and talk shit about it but when a fighter says that he wants to fight the promoter is just LAME.
I wish a fighter steps up for the boss and calls Frank out on his face!
2/9/13 3:57 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ That is lame. He would be better off challenging Dana to a boxing match.

2/9/13 3:59 PM
In Limbo
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeteyWheatstraw - Where did Frank say he wants to fight Dana? That's pretty funny if true. I think Frank just says stuff to get a reaction out of Dana. A real, proven badass toying with a guy who thinks his mouth and swear words makes him seem badass.

They should box. Frank should walk into Dana's world. Because when you walk into Dana's world, you walk out a loser.

but dana is a "southie" with assault on his record!

2/9/13 4:10 PM
Labrador
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 
Ip Man 81 - 
yabadaba -

^ Those are not his biggest wins you ridiculous noob.

Do enlighten me Sensei Seagal... Phone Post

The names Igor Zinoviev and Kevin Jackson don't mean anything to you because you are a noob. There's nothing wrong with being a noob but trying to pretend you're knowledgeable about what went on when you weren't paying attention is just silly. I don't think there's anybody who followed MMA when Frank Shamrock was fighting (other than Dana) who doesn't think he belongs in the HOF.

This is very well said. Disagreement without disrespect is a dying art.
2/9/13 4:32 PM
Poop Doodle
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is the UFC HOF located? Phone Post
2/9/13 5:34 PM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

13'ers gonna 13.

2/9/13 5:39 PM
Rear Naked Chode
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krookedkemp -  Frank in ufc hall of fame is like putting fedor in it! Makes no sense!!! Phone Post

Lolwut?
2/9/13 5:43 PM
cripplersc
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
big_roy_fan - why does frank deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
You gotta be trolling hard or smoking pecker. You're talking about the same guy who subbed Jeremy Horn (who subbed Chuck) and out worked Tito. He was a beast back in the day. Questioning if he deserves to be in the hall of fame is pretty rediculous Phone Post
2/9/13 5:58 PM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cripplersc - 
Ip Man 81 -

he had 5 fights in the UFC then he punked out.. look at the track record of the other fights in the HOF.

Royce, Severen, Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, Hughes have all done much more for the UFC then Frank Shamrock, adding him into the UFC HOF would kind of devalue the title of "UFC HOF'er"
Frank Shamrock has no business in the UFC hof. Not that he wasn't a decent fighter, but he just wasn't that high a caliber fighter. Phone Post
You gotta be trolling hard or smoking pecker. You're talking about the same guy who subbed Jeremy Horn (who subbed Chuck) and out worked Tito. He was a beast back in the day. Questioning if he deserves to be in the hall of fame is pretty rediculous Phone Post

My guess is that IP man has only started watching MMA in the last 12 months or so. 

Anybody who was a fan of the UFC then knows that what Frank did was HOF-worthy. The noobs don't understand the context of what Frank did and then try to act like they were front row at UFC 1. 

2/9/13 7:08 PM
jacktripper

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I'm not exactly sure if he's being serious. Not taking anything away from frank, but please don't compare Igor Zinoviev & Kevin Jackson to Anderson Silva & Jon Jones, that's laughable at best. Phone Post
Correct Phone Post
2/9/13 7:26 PM
MarkRobinson
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cm81 -
Ip Man 81 -

Wow.

Let me tell you son, as a 01'er... Back in the day Kevin Jackson and Igor Zinoviev were the Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas and were running over everyone.

Then Frank came along and ended their fighting careers.

So don't tell me about not facing high level caliber fighters. He faced the best of his time and completely destroyed them.

Don't you ever dare to rewrite history. Phone Post
1! Phone Post
2/9/13 8:11 PM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/9/13 8:16 PM
boldtiger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boldtiger MMA Contests, Owner
Grimreapers - 
HexRei - Let's look at this in context:

"Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. Give me a (expletive) break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock."

Well let's face it, Frank would mop with the floor with Dana even today, and he must know that, so he's a moron if he doesn't respect him that far. But Dana's not a fighter, he just talks like one, so Frank is a clown for calling him out.

I like Dana, but his personal battles with fighters shouldn't prevent fighters from entering the HOF or cornering their kids. 

He's too unprofessional 2 be the president of a company

agree with you 100% , he shouldn't be president of a company

2/9/13 8:23 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I think there are cases where the adults need to step in - Randy cornering Ryan, for example - but IMO Dana has done a great job for the UFC.

2/9/13 8:25 PM
HexRei

fanaticomma - You can not like a person and talk shit about it but when a fighter says that he wants to fight the promoter is just LAME.
I wish a fighter steps up for the boss and calls Frank out on his face!

FWIW Frank is a promoter too, so I guess if a fighter did that they'd be just as bad right?
2/9/13 8:35 PM
yabadaba

^ In his day Frank Shamrock was arguably the best fighter to ever walk the earth. Dana White has 0 fights on his resume. There's a huge difference between challenging Dana White to a fight and challenging Frank Shamrock to a fight IMO.

2/9/13 8:50 PM
Bawls
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shamrock had a bit of a Gale Sayers like career. Both displayed brilliance at a short lived peak before injury...

A HOF worthy career IMO. Phone Post
2/9/13 8:51 PM
HexRei

yabadaba - 

^ In his day Frank Shamrock was arguably the best fighter to ever walk the earth. Dana White has 0 fights on his resume. There's a huge difference between challenging Dana White to a fight and challenging Frank Shamrock to a fight IMO.

Dana was the undisputed champion of boxercising, that's not something to be taken lightly
2/9/13 9:09 PM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
Driscoll - Frank never coached on TUF, so he shouldn't be in.

Watching Ip Man and Mr. Negative get destroyed on this thread has been very entertaining. Phone Post
Lol at this guy...Coaching TUF shouldn't be a prerequisite for the UFC hof. U sure ur a fighter? Phone Post

Ha! Put the shovel down while you still can.

2/9/13 9:44 PM
TedGlad
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only reason that this is even a question: Frank left in his prime. People that watched him fight know / new he was a destroyer in his weight class. Its unfortunate when money / value come into play and we lose prime careers because of it. Phone Post
2/9/13 10:49 PM
Gordo1581
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poop Doodle -  Where is the UFC HOF located? Phone Post

It's on the wall at the Ultimate Fighter gym.

It's very prestigious.
2/9/13 11:57 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank was undefeated in the UFC. 5 fights or not undefeated in the UFC means you are along side a handful of fighters.

How many UFC fighters have 5 fight win streaks? Im curious about that as well I cant see it being more than 25 fighters.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.