UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> OSAC off their damn rocker! Support needed plz!

2/8/13 8:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TrentStanding
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello everyone!
I know this is a FRAT version so I'll give you the rundown here then let those of you that have an actual attention span read the nitty gritty's of it. Oregon was once in the TOPS of the MMA world, we had an ULTRA successful amature ranks and a thriving pro stable that sent pro after pro to the UFC and other top shows. Since OSAC (Oregon State Athletic Commission) was formed back around 2005 they have literally run MMA into the ground here. Oregon is in a choke hold and its tapping but here is no ref to stop this fight.

They have recently passed a rule controlling where amatures can fight AND MICROMANING EVEN THEIR SEXUAL PRACTICES! Not only is the OSAC, a state police run division, have Oregon Revised Statutes to follow and obey, but they have literally gone rambo and made up a rule that supercedes the rule currently on the books as an ORS, making it Illegal.

Not only this.. but they are not sanctioning the Ammys that went out of state to fight for 6 months and requiring new bloodwork while there was no current (illegal) rule on the books from Oregon.. so its retroactive.

The Press Release from OSAC can be found here:
http://www.oregon.gov/osp/GAMING/pages/osac_press_releases.aspx

PLEASE go to OPERATION REGROWTH and 'like' the facebook page to be supportive of our movement here in Oregon and keep updated on the OSAC and how this battle plays out :)
Here is its addy:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRegrowth

THANK YOU TO RICK STORM FOR PUTTING THIS UP THE OTHER DAY! For some reason I couldnt find it (sorry been here forever but still dont know how to search DOH!)

Here is the long version for all you that have an attenion span longer than a gnat ;)

Mis-regulation -- and a state government leadership vacuum -- have put one Oregon small business sector in a stranglehold. As elected officials scramble for ways to create private sector jobs, one potentially easy victory sits under their noses, ignored -- halting government mistakes that actively hurt business.

A perfect example of mis-government putting the smackdown on small business is the harm done by neglectful mis-regulation by the Oregon State Athletic Commission (OSAC) of the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) industry. MMA events in Oregon are controlled by OSAC, a division of the Oregon State Police. Over the past four years, OSAC's missteps and fumbles have driven the regulatory cost of an MMA event up by 138% -- from $1,200 to $2,860 -- and as MMA grows vigorously in other states, Oregon's MMA events have plummeted 82% -- from 120 to just 22. (OSAC's event-fee revenue has fallen 56%, from $144,000 to just $62,920.)

OSAC also added a swarm of new Administrative Rules, often sloppily and in violation of Oregon law. Then in June 2012, OSAC's Executive Director was put on Administrative Leave -- and the Lieutenant of the Tribal Gaming Commission now covers the duties of both Commissions.

OSAC started 2013 by doubling down on sloppy rule-making. On February 4th, they announced a rule change "effective immediately" -- with no previous notice or public comment. This new and ill-considered version of OAR 230-020-0405 Out-of-State Contests, effectively suspended an estimated 30% of Oregon's dwindling family of competitors for 6 months for the "crime" of participating in an out-of-state event -- yet there was no rule against their attendance when the event was held. It was impossible for any athlete to follow a rule that was not in place and not announced. This disorderly rule-making, and especially the "ex post facto" inventing new rules to apply to past actions, is unworthy of a state commission.

MMA Promoters have been leaving Oregon for Washington and Nevada. With events down 82%, athletes have no place to compete, leaving them without income to support their families. Professional fighters no longer have nearly as many venues to earn their purse, and both professionals and amateurs lose out on sponsorship income. Local gym owners are losing business, and many have shut their doors, as MMA athletes move to other states. Almost a dozen promotion companies have moved -- or shut their doors.

Total job losses are estimated at 125, at an average wage of $33,000 -- making Oregon $4,125,000 poorer.
OSAC's actions have cost the state's taxpayers over $50,000 a year in direct event fees, and a further loss of the 6% ticket tax -- roughly $1,620 per fight over the 98 missing fights, or another $158,760 per year.
And when OSAC cannot cover its own costs, the funds come out of the OSP budget, reducing funds available to other public safety programs.

OSAC's economic beat-down also hits businesses near the events. Athletes and fans alike need hotels, restaurants, locations for post-event gatherings, and even supplies. In smaller communities, the local hospitality businesses need that influx of customers to keep themselves going. OSAC's changes have driven up costs so much that they become untenable to hold in smaller areas, and the entire local community loses that revenue. This is just one small Commission, but their sloppy rule-making and misregulation of their industry has a negative impact (directly or indirectly) on every Oregonian.

Multiply this effect by the number of Oregon's 220 rule-making boards and commissions. How much revenue and how many jobs have been lost, when you add all these humble industries together? A half million dollars here, two million there -- it all adds up. While we are looking for ways to improve Oregon's economy, we must not just look at the huge dollar items, but look at all these little fiefdoms that are, unintentionally, putting a choke-hold on small businesses.
If you agree that MMA in Oregon should be properly regulated, to allow the industry to grow and prosper while keeping athletes and the public safe, contact your Legislator and tell them. We need our Legislators to remind OSAC to follow their own rules and stop impulsive and disorderly rule-making. Ask your legislator to consider whether the industry would be better served if OSAC's duties were removed from the Oregon State Police, and regulated like other businesses in Oregon, under the Bureau of Labor and Industries.

We need the Commission to immediately roll-back the improper February 4th rule that they had no authority to implement, and to start over, following proper procedure. OSAC should also adopt suggestions previously made to recruit and train more Officials so more events can occur. And we need a full time Executive Director dedicated to OSAC. We can stop the mis-regulation and neglectful policies of the Oregon State Athletic Commission and allow the MMA industry to grow again.

--Thanks for your support guys!
Trent Standing
2/8/13 8:06 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well...we can't kill them.

2/8/13 8:09 PM
TrentStanding
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No.. but just sucks here in Oregon we are paying tax dollars to support the OSAC while it in turn kills MMA that SHOULD BE generating revenue for the state and helping our local economy while turning out top level ammys!
2/8/13 8:14 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well look, we can kill them, but we'd have to hire someone to do it.

I know a guy with a profile, gets the job done 60% of the time, everytime:

"What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo."

Let me know if you want his contact info.

2/8/13 8:17 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/8/13 8:28 PM
TrentStanding

LOL yellow c0ckahlc - I would not even contact him as that would be a 'risk factor' that I could now be banned in Oregon for per their Press Release.
2/8/13 8:38 PM
victorpoprock
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just another example of big government politicians fucking things up.

They think more government regulations and raising taxes will increase revenue. In actuality it decreases revenue because it kills off the small guys who are barely getting by to begin with. Now instead of collecting a small amount from a large number of sources, you are collecting a larger amount from a much smaller group. Less people to collect from equals less revenue.

Its going to take a revolution in this country before these scum bag politicians realize how bad they are destroying our nation. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:52 PM
RickStorm
1516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
I already posted this ding dong buy you're getting moe attention then I did so carry on lol. Oss
2/8/13 8:54 PM
RickStorm
1516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
*but fuckin slow tablet
2/8/13 9:03 PM
Kurle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can someone clarify something for me? They are suspending guys for fighting out of state? Any state? So if they go to another sanctioned state they get suspended in Oregon? That doesn't make sense
2/8/13 11:13 PM
TrentStanding

Kurle- yes- if the state isn't what OR thinks is up to par with its own sanctioning it basically says you are suspended.

..or, if they find you get a tattoo in a playe it doesn't see fit, or doesn't approve of your sexual practices--and you are BANNED for 6 months and required to retake bloodwork. Phone Post
2/9/13 5:39 AM
Macedawgg
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I said this was going to happen years ago. . . it is intentional. . .

People still walk in line.

2/10/13 7:20 PM
Kurle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TrentStanding -  Kurle- yes- if the state isn't what OR thinks is up to par with its own sanctioning it basically says you are suspended.

..or, if they find you get a tattoo in a playe it doesn't see fit, or doesn't approve of your sexual practices--and you are BANNED for 6 months and required to retake bloodwork. Phone Post

That seems absurd... if it is a ABC approved commission it should be a non-issue.

feel free to contact me and I can put you in touch with a few people at the ABC if you'd like to voice your concerns.

Chad@impactfighting.net

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.