UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Michael Bisping official statement on Belfort, TRT

2/8/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

As some of you may know, I’ve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England.   There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

I’m back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Here’s what I’ve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don't like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear.  I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now.  All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally.  A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don't understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk.  I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way.  That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher's ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.

Read entire article...

2/8/13 8:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nyhcloyalty
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:37 PM
nineeightfour
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a bigger fan of Mike with every interview, it seems. Bummed that him or belcher have to lose but stoked to see them fight Phone Post
2/8/13 8:38 PM
pennviachoke
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher wins this fight, he needs to kick early & often to slow Bisping down & go for the ground & pound tko at some point. If he stands in front of Bisping all night he's gonna get beat up though. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:38 PM
mark22
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:39 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yessir.

2/8/13 8:39 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy statement.

2/8/13 8:40 PM
Hessian
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturday, April 27th

I bet there are lots of fighters who wish they got so many fights a year.
2/8/13 8:44 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's hard to disagree with anything he has said here. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:45 PM
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never been a fan but that statement was classy and very well said
When it comes to Bisping vs Beltcher
I say War Bisping ! Phone Post
2/8/13 8:46 PM
TexasBadAss
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A pr firm could not have written a better statement. Excellent job by Bisping. Lose with honor.
2/8/13 8:47 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care for Bisping but I agree with him here.
2/8/13 8:49 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don`t think that Vitor will be able to get a TUE in Nevada.

2/8/13 8:51 PM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy. Truth is Belfort is a fucking cheater and natural Bisping shouldn't fall down the ladder for the loss, and everyone knows it. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:59 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is absolutely on the $.

Can apply this to Hendo and Chael too.
2/8/13 8:59 PM
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - Classy. Truth is Belfort is a fucking cheater and natural Bisping shouldn't fall down the ladder for the loss, and everyone knows it. Phone Post
Stop bro .
He lost he makes no excuses
Vitor didn't cheat he had a trt exemption bottom line Phone Post
2/8/13 9:03 PM
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hessian - Saturday, April 27th

I bet there are lots of fighters who wish they got so many fights a year.
What's up, my man?! Phone Post
2/8/13 9:04 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truth. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:05 PM
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh, I hate it when I completely agree with him... Phone Post
2/8/13 9:06 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like Bisping is always fighting...i like it
2/8/13 9:08 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 -  Ugh, I hate it when I completely agree with him... Phone Post

Cmon Bisping hasn't been getting on your good side lately?
2/8/13 9:19 PM
imkeithhernandez
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Bisping...but Trt didn't make Mike fight conservative or walk into a telegraphed head kick...On that night Vitor would have beat him clean...Glad Mike didn't bitch too much in his statement...he needs the Belcher win big time Phone Post
2/8/13 9:29 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I disagree with Bisping on the issue of TRT, that was very well spoken, classy and standup.

I'm finding MB harder and harder to dislike. Ever since the Sonnen fight.

Damn him for earning my respect!
2/8/13 9:32 PM
BnewByou
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping's persona gets him a lot of shit but 9/10 out of ten dude is on the money.

This TRT bullshit has GOT to stop! Phone Post
2/8/13 9:38 PM
Maltese Falcon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i cant disagree with a word he said to be honest

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.