UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC To Release Cyborg?

2/8/13 11:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
BrCutter - I know people are going to bring up the failed test up, but cyborg is a bigger chic. 135 might just not be possible. I don't know. I do know that Rhonda v. Cyborg not happening absolutely sucks! Phone Post
C'mon bro, if Dom Cruze can make 135 and he's the same height then Cyborg can make the weight. She's just terrified of fighting not juiced up / pumped up.

The last time Cyborg fought clean she got double knee-barred. So I'm guessing she has a very valid fear of getting double armbarred by Rousey at 135.

I'm sure Reem getting KTFO in his first fight clean hasn't helped Cyborg's mental state any.

Massive tuck by cyborg - she'll take the Reem approach and go be king of the kids at Invicta Phone Post
Do you think Ronda is clean? Phone Post
2/8/13 11:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Good for Dana and his golden girl, she can keep fighting lower tier women and Dana can keep telling us how she's a star and so great. 

That kind of sounds like what Cyborg is opting to do instead of fighting Ronda, the champ in the one div the UFC has.

Ronda has a Tate rematch, McMann and possibly Coenen if the sign her, whta does Cyborg have outside the UFC at 145?

Umm go to Invicta where they have a FW division which is her class. She not a BW and all of a sudden she's supposed to make BW for Rousey because she won't accept a catchweight (even though Rousey started her career at FW). Cyborg already was a dominant champion, she doesn't need a fight with Rousey. The UFC needs and wants Rousey/Cyborg.

2/8/13 11:22 PM
CLINTK9
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey/Cyborg & Rousey/Carano are honestly the ONLY 2 WMMA fights I want to see. other than that, I could care less.
2/8/13 11:27 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Good for Dana and his golden girl, she can keep fighting lower tier women and Dana can keep telling us how she's a star and so great. 

How is it Dana or Rhonda's fault that Cyborg refuses to take the fight?

Because even though Rousey started her career at 145lbs, she's refusing a catchweight to make the fight happen. Cyborg has said time and time again she can't make BW, she's not gonna drain herself to make Dana happy. It would be like Pacquiao/Cotto, why drain yourself and have a shitty fight? 

2/8/13 11:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Edited: 02/08/13 11:30 PM
It doesn't make any sense for them to fight without a title at stake when they're so close in weight.
And the UFC only has ONE weight class at which they can fight for a title.

Why drain yourself and take a title fight?
Hmm let me guess $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No idea why she'd do it, you're right it makes no sense to fight for a UFC title.
2/8/13 11:31 PM
Chris27

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Because even though Rousey started her career at 145lbs, she's refusing a catchweight to make the fight happen. Cyborg has said time and time again she can't make BW, she's not gonna drain herself to make Dana happy. It would be like Pacquiao/Cotto, why drain yourself and have a shitty fight? 

SMH, you just dont get it.

answer this, why would the UFC start a div and then as soon as they start it hold a fight outside the div with the div champ vs a fighter who cant make the weight?

So you think the UFC would make that catchweight fight, possibly have Cyborg win and then not be able to make 135?

2/8/13 11:33 PM
MdGeist

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

That kind of sounds like what Cyborg is opting to do instead of fighting Ronda, the champ in the one div the UFC has.

Ronda has a Tate rematch, McMann and possibly Coenen if the sign her, whta does Cyborg have outside the UFC at 145?

Umm go to Invicta where they have a FW division which is her class. She not a BW and all of a sudden she's supposed to make BW for Rousey because she won't accept a catchweight (even though Rousey started her career at FW). Cyborg already was a dominant champion, she doesn't need a fight with Rousey. The UFC needs and wants Rousey/Cyborg.

I agree.

If Cyborg can't make 135 (whether you believe she is capable or not), why can't the UFC create a 145 women's division and give her cans just like they're doing with Rousey?

My guess is because Cyborg is not an attractive woman like Ronda, they don't believe she will have any drawing power unless its a fight with Ronda.

2/8/13 11:35 PM
Leghound
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 - Rousey/Cyborg & Rousey/Carano are honestly the ONLY 2 WMMA fights I want to see. other than that, I could care less.

How much less? Don't leave us hanging here.
2/8/13 11:37 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Let's be honest here, Cyborg owes to take this fight for the fans.
This is the fight fans of WMMA want to see. It's not on Rhonda to take the fight, she's UFC champ. It's up to Cyborg to go in there and prove she's the best by taking it.
If she can't do it at 135, fine, then GTFO of the UFC and continue your career elsewhere, likely in obscurity compared to the level of public awareness WMMA in the UFC will garner. But we'll all know that you ducked taking the fight that everyone wanted to see.
2/8/13 11:37 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

BrCutter -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.
The UFC doesn't actually care about that weight class though. Just promoting Rousey. If they can do Pettis/Aldo, Silva/Bonnar, Jones/Chael, and Jones/Belfort why can't they do Cyborg vs Rousey? I'm pretty sure Rousey has fought more at 145 than 135.

If the actual developed weight classes can do it, I don't see why the division that only cares about promoting one fighter can't. Phone Post
Pretty strong point Phone Post
The difference is that all those fights happened in a weight class that existed. I understand catchweight fights happen but what do they do with cyborg after the fight? If she can't make 135 one way or another, then she is useless to the ufc, it's that simple. They don't go sign super heavyweights to have one fight at 290. Dozens of men have had to get down to 265 for their opportunity, many being SHW champions in other promotions. I mean, I seriously don't get the argument, it's as clear cut and black and white as it can possibly be, she has to make 135. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:38 PM
Paramount Donkey
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Rousey is champ of the 135 lb division. The only division.

A catchweight fight means no title. Imo its all on cyborg to get down to the one weight division the ufc has.

No other champ can defend their titles at catchweight so it shouldn't be any different with this one Phone Post
2/8/13 11:40 PM
Paramount Donkey
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I agree.

If Cyborg can't make 135 (whether you believe she is capable or not), why can't the UFC create a 145 women's division and give her cans just like they're doing with Rousey?

My guess is because Cyborg is not an attractive woman like Ronda, they don't believe she will have any drawing power unless its a fight with Ronda.

They barely have enough talent for 135 so I doubt they want to delve into another division Phone Post
2/8/13 11:42 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rnunz - 
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.

But they have a mens 115lb class and a womens 135 all of a sudden.

There are at least two things wrong with this post.
2/8/13 11:43 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.
The UFC doesn't actually care about that weight class though. Just promoting Rousey. If they can do Pettis/Aldo, Silva/Bonnar, Jones/Chael, and Jones/Belfort why can't they do Cyborg vs Rousey? I'm pretty sure Rousey has fought more at 145 than 135.

If the actual developed weight classes can do it, I don't see why the division that only cares about promoting one fighter can't. Phone Post

145, 205, 205, 205.

All real weight classes.

The women have 135. And that is it. There is no other place to jump.

This. The only reason theres ANY women division in the UFC is because of Rousey's appeal and the success of womens mma in strikeforce. That said at this point in time the UFC is TRYING OUT WMMA. As far as I know, theres not even any other women on the roster besides Rousey and Carmouche (someone correct me if im wrong about that please) because they're unsure how well the womens division will be received by the masses. I guarantee that if the 135 division works out then the UFC will likely add another division. Whehter that division is the 145 division I dont know.

As it is right now, Cyborg can talk on and on about Rousey jumping up to fight her but the fact is that Rousey has no trouble making 135, hasnt been busted for roids, and is hugely appealing to the masses. Cant say the same about Cyborg.

That said, I think for now, Tito should manage his fighter and take her to Invicta to keep her active.
2/8/13 11:44 PM
damane08
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC offered them a deal and they refused and then asked to be released.
2/8/13 11:51 PM
McLeod
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's not cutting 40 pounds. it's 10 more pounds.
The division is set up. The champ is there at 135. Cyborg doesn't get to make demands. If she wanted to fight and win the belt, she's use Dolce and make weight.
I'm not gonna say she's scared, I have no idea. But it's her decision. Period.
2/8/13 11:54 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

SMH, you just dont get it.

answer this, why would the UFC start a div and then as soon as they start it hold a fight outside the div with the div champ vs a fighter who cant make the weight?

So you think the UFC would make that catchweight fight, possibly have Cyborg win and then not be able to make 135?

You can either make the fight....or not make the fight. You don't seem to understand that. 

She's not going to BW for Uncle Dana, excactly what she's been saying and why she's asking for her release. 

As for your question. If you want to make the fight and she's saying she'll only going to do it at a catchweight what are they going to do? They can't force Cyborg to go to BW and they can't force Rousey to accept a Catchweight. So either you can lose the fight or work something out. 

If you make the Catchweight fight, you've got a non-title 5 round main event many people want to see. If Rousey loses she's got her belt still and the ball would be in Cyborg's court. Lets be honest with ourselves, if Rousey were to get ko'd or even just lose to Carmouche we'd probably never women in the UFC again. 

2/8/13 11:58 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
rnunz - 
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.

But they have a mens 115lb class and a womens 135 all of a sudden.

There are at least two things wrong with this post.

W145 is a wasteland. It is only quasi-competitive as a division and there are not enough natural 145 lbs. fighters out there to sustain a division right now anywhere. Invicta is developing it regardless because there are still some interesting prospects, and Marloes Coenen isn't someone the UFC will hire as long as she's with Golden Glory and she would rather fight at Featherweight all things being equal.

So right now there's Cyborg vs Coenen II. Considering Cyborg was sauced the first time around, and Coenen hung in there for quite a while and has only improved since then, this is a marketable fight, even if Coenen never put Cyborg in serious danger the first time around. The rest of Invicta's W145 division are journeywomen and inexperienced prospects. Now some of those prospects are rather promising, particularly Veronica Rothlenhauser, but throwing one of them into the deep end with Cyborg or Coenen does them a disservice.

So there's exactly one "money" fight for Cyborg there and maybe some other fights that aren't complete jokes. For instance, if Cyborg were to face Julia Budd or Ediane Gomes those would not be criminal mismatches. She'd merely be a very heavy favorite. And maybe down the road they might develop a young lion or two who can give her a challenge.

This is Cyborg's best option. If she can continue to murder everyone, then she might have a bit more leverage on the table down the road if people are still clamoring for a Cyborg/Rousey fight.
2/8/13 11:59 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Joe_Drogan420 - Let's be honest here, Cyborg owes to take this fight for the fans.
This is the fight fans of WMMA want to see. It's not on Rhonda to take the fight, she's UFC champ. It's up to Cyborg to go in there and prove she's the best by taking it.
If she can't do it at 135, fine, then GTFO of the UFC and continue your career elsewhere, likely in obscurity compared to the level of public awareness WMMA in the UFC will garner. But we'll all know that you ducked taking the fight that everyone wanted to see.

LOL @ Cyborg owes this fight to the fans. 

2/9/13 12:02 AM
jTheHybridwolff
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Invicta?
I would think they have a 145 div that she can run ruff shot on Phone Post
2/9/13 12:04 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Paramount Donkey - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Rousey is champ of the 135 lb division. The only division.

A catchweight fight means no title. Imo its all on cyborg to get down to the one weight division the ufc has.

No other champ can defend their titles at catchweight so it shouldn't be any different with this one Phone Post

It wouldn't be a defense, it would just be a 5 round main event at 140. So they can either do that or Cyborg is basically telling they can kick rocks. She's willing to walk away from the fight if they won't budge, we'll soon see if Dana and the UFC are. 

2/9/13 12:08 AM
Joe_Drogan420

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - Let's be honest here, Cyborg owes to take this fight for the fans.

You're right, who cares whose the best female fighter on the planet?
2/9/13 12:13 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Do I want to see the fight, yes. I also don't want some drained Cyborg not fight to her potential like Pacquiao/Cotto (read up and watch the fight). 

Get off your high horse thinking Cyborg owes you anything, you're a fan not a promoter. 

2/9/13 12:25 AM
ShawnTheBadger
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I disagree.

Cyborg already was a dominant champion. Who got busted for roids. Suspended for a year. And holds no current belts.

Ronda does not need a fight with Cyborg. Rousey is the Champion with a fight scheduled, she seems to be doing just fine.

The UFC may want Rousey/Cyborg, and have even offered Mike Dolce as evidence of that want. However, the UFC does not need Cyborg. Pretty sure the UFC will keep rolling right along without Ms. Cyborgs talents.
2/9/13 12:33 AM
Joe_Drogan420

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Do I want to see the fight, yes. I also don't want some drained Cyborg not fight to her potential like Pacquiao/Cotto (read up and watch the fight). 

Get off your high horse thinking Cyborg owes you anything, you're a fan not a promoter. 

dude i'm a huge boxing fan, i know all about Pacquaio/Cotto.
And if you're trying to prove something, i'm not quite sure what it was. They fought at 145, Cotto's previous fight was at 146, and Cotto is a natural 147'er.
So what's your point, if you fight a better fighter than you, you're going to lose no matter the weight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.