UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC To Release Cyborg?

2/9/13 12:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah must suck for Rousey being at the top of the heap with no close competition.
Must suck for Anderson Silva too.
2/9/13 12:44 AM
ILikePsych

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Good for Dana and his golden girl, she can keep fighting lower tier women and Dana can keep telling us how she's a star and so great. 

How is it Dana or Rhonda's fault that Cyborg refuses to take the fight?

Because even though Rousey started her career at 145lbs, she's refusing a catchweight to make the fight happen. Cyborg has said time and time again she can't make BW, she's not gonna drain herself to make Dana happy. It would be like Pacquiao/Cotto, why drain yourself and have a shitty fight? 

It makes no sense to fight her at 140 or 145.

Ronda is the 135lb champ and Cyborg can make the weight, so come to 135 and fight her.

Cyborg makes 145 on roids, she can make 135 off of them. Dolce even said he could get her there.

She is scared!

Do you even know what stanozolol is? 

2/9/13 12:46 AM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Good for Dana and his golden girl, she can keep fighting lower tier women and Dana can keep telling us how she's a star and so great. 

That kind of sounds like what Cyborg is opting to do instead of fighting Ronda, the champ in the one div the UFC has.

Ronda has a Tate rematch, McMann and possibly Coenen if the sign her, whta does Cyborg have outside the UFC at 145?

Umm go to Invicta where they have a FW division which is her class. She not a BW and all of a sudden she's supposed to make BW for Rousey because she won't accept a catchweight (even though Rousey started her career at FW). Cyborg already was a dominant champion, she doesn't need a fight with Rousey. The UFC needs and wants Rousey/Cyborg.

I disagree.

Cyborg already was a dominant champion. Who got busted for roids. Suspended for a year. And holds no current belts.

Ronda does not need a fight with Cyborg. Rousey is the Champion with a fight scheduled, she seems to be doing just fine.

The UFC may want Rousey/Cyborg, and have even offered Mike Dolce as evidence of that want. However, the UFC does not need Cyborg. Pretty sure the UFC will keep rolling right along without Ms. Cyborgs talents.

Of course Ronda doesn't need the fight, I don't truly believe in her heart she wants it. 

Theres not many fights for Rousey that people are gonna be lining up and/or paying to see happen. 

Doubt you're gonna get Gina away from hollywood

Maybe a Tate rematch, maybe 

Coenen (Not many American fans know who she is) 

McMann (Is she a BW? I remember her saying Rousey ducked her offer of 140 Catchweight)

McMann is definitely a Bantamweight. I think you're confusing what Cyborg said with McMann. McMann, or her manager at least, said that it'd be better if she took another fight first to build up her name first (and maybe get some of those octagon jitters out). I dunno if that constitutes ducking or not.
2/9/13 12:47 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - Yeah must suck for Rousey being at the top of the heap with no close competition.
Must suck for Anderson Silva too.

Silva has more than 2 people in his divsion, Rousey does not. 

Silva went up 10lbs for a superfight with a former champ, I wonder if Rousey would go up 5 pounds to fight Cyborg. 

2/9/13 12:51 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

That kind of sounds like what Cyborg is opting to do instead of fighting Ronda, the champ in the one div the UFC has.

Ronda has a Tate rematch, McMann and possibly Coenen if the sign her, whta does Cyborg have outside the UFC at 145?

Umm go to Invicta where they have a FW division which is her class. She not a BW and all of a sudden she's supposed to make BW for Rousey because she won't accept a catchweight (even though Rousey started her career at FW). Cyborg already was a dominant champion, she doesn't need a fight with Rousey. The UFC needs and wants Rousey/Cyborg.

I disagree.

Cyborg already was a dominant champion. Who got busted for roids. Suspended for a year. And holds no current belts.

Ronda does not need a fight with Cyborg. Rousey is the Champion with a fight scheduled, she seems to be doing just fine.

The UFC may want Rousey/Cyborg, and have even offered Mike Dolce as evidence of that want. However, the UFC does not need Cyborg. Pretty sure the UFC will keep rolling right along without Ms. Cyborgs talents.

Of course Ronda doesn't need the fight, I don't truly believe in her heart she wants it. 

Theres not many fights for Rousey that people are gonna be lining up and/or paying to see happen. 

McMann (Is she a BW? I remember her saying Rousey ducked her offer of 140 Catchweight)

McMann is definitely a Bantamweight. I think you're confusing what Cyborg said with McMann. McMann, or her manager at least, said that it'd be better if she took another fight first to build up her name first (and maybe get some of those octagon jitters out). I dunno if that constitutes ducking or not.

“My first pro fight, we were searching everywhere and I was offered a fight against Ronda at a catch-weight of 140 (pounds),” McMann said.  “Monte (Cox) called me and I said I would take it because I really couldn’t find an opponent.  I thought, ‘Another Olympic medalist, she’s going to step up to the plate.’  Then he called me back and said, ‘They’re really trying to talk her into it, her managers and her trainers, and she just keeps refusing the fight.’  I was really shocked by that because I’ve even seen video of her calling out Cyborg (Santos) and calling out Gina Carano and saying she wasn’t impressed woman’s MMA.  I was like, ‘What’s this girl doing?’”

http://mmadiehards.com/live/features/sara-mcmann-wonders-whats-this-girl-doing-after-ronda-rousey-ducked-her/

2/9/13 12:54 AM
DaddyGorg

Rousey shouldn't have to fight hermaphrodites. Cyborg should fight in the men's division. Otherwise it is just cowardly bullying for Cyborg to fight real women.
2/9/13 12:55 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I disagree.

The argument could easily be made that Cyborg doesn't want the fight. That Cyborg is ducking.

I will line-up for and pay for RR fights. Did you take a formal poll of some sort to back up your assertion that folks won't pay to see RR?

I'll let Dana and Joe Silva worry about Rondas next opponent.

As for McMann is she another one that is ducking RR at 135?
2/9/13 1:02 AM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I disagree.

The argument could easily be made that Cyborg doesn't want the fight. That Cyborg is ducking.

I will line-up for and pay for RR fights. Did you take a formal poll of some sort to back up your assertion that folks won't pay to see RR?

I'll let Dana and Joe Silva worry about Rondas next opponent.

As for McMann is she another one that is ducking RR at 135?

I'd pay to see RR fight over Cyborg any day just based on the fact that when RR fights it doesnt look like a man beating down a woman.

That and I love that RR has no problem breakin bitches arms. Thats a big plus to take into consideration.

I dont believe anyone is going to beat Anderson Silva at 185 but that doesnt keep me from watching every event he's on.
2/9/13 1:05 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Oh I have to put IMO after opinions because you'll take them literally? 

Thats great you'll pay for every Rousey card, Im interested to see what this "huge star" does in terms of ppv buys...now I know we've got a guaranteed buy every time she fights. 

Im not sure about McMann ducking, think she wanted another fight. I know Rousey turned McMann down when she was 0-0 

2/9/13 1:46 AM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chromium - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chris27 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I disagree.

“My first pro fight, we were searching everywhere and I was offered a fight against Ronda at a catch-weight of 140 (pounds),” McMann said.  “Monte (Cox) called me and I said I would take it because I really couldn’t find an opponent.  I thought, ‘Another Olympic medalist, she’s going to step up to the plate.’  Then he called me back and said, ‘They’re really trying to talk her into it, her managers and her trainers, and she just keeps refusing the fight.’  I was really shocked by that because I’ve even seen video of her calling out Cyborg (Santos) and calling out Gina Carano and saying she wasn’t impressed woman’s MMA.  I was like, ‘What’s this girl doing?’”

http://mmadiehards.com/live/features/sara-mcmann-wonders-whats-this-girl-doing-after-ronda-rousey-ducked-her/

Oh wait, I thought you were saying _McMann_ ducked _Rousey_. I didn't even know about Rousey ducking McMann. There's definitely some money to be made on this fight if McMann wins her first UFC fight (and Rousey doesn't fuck up with Carmouche).
2/9/13 5:03 AM
Rhys91
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Politics,zzzzz Phone Post
2/9/13 5:08 AM
pegson123

Two Strikeforce/Zuffa Female Bantamweights (Kaufman & Nunes) are booked to fight in April at Invicta FC 5, less than a month and a half after UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche takes place. We were led to believe UFC 157 was suppose to signify the start of WMMA in the UFC.. I guess not!! 

This IMO is the first signs that WMMA in the UFC has already been Pencilled in simply as the Strikeforce Division but transplanted into the UFC,. Also according to giving away fighters like Kaufman and Nunes maybe we are looking at something less than a transplanted Strikeforce Division. 

So every bastard like myself who was hoping for a steady 1 WMMA fight per UFC or even 1 WMMA fight every other UFC... Looks like we are going back to the days of obsessing over a matchup for 3 months because with 6 to 8 fighters making up the UFC Women's Division that is how often we will see WMMA fights in the UFC.

---

now tito says the UFC wanted to sign Cyborg and put her in invicta, What a fucking joke.

2/9/13 6:09 AM
diggity

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
BrCutter - I know people are going to bring up the failed test up, but cyborg is a bigger chic. 135 might just not be possible. I don't know. I do know that Rhonda v. Cyborg not happening absolutely sucks! Phone Post
C'mon bro, if Dom Cruze can make 135 and he's the same height then Cyborg can make the weight. She's just terrified of fighting not juiced up / pumped up.

The last time Cyborg fought clean she got double knee-barred. So I'm guessing she has a very valid fear of getting double armbarred by Rousey at 135.

I'm sure Reem getting KTFO in his first fight clean hasn't helped Cyborg's mental state any.

Massive tuck by cyborg - she'll take the Reem approach and go be king of the kids at Invicta Phone Post
This is a brilliant point. Nice one dude! Phone Post
2/9/13 6:17 AM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow crappy news. Cyborg os the best match for ulanda lousy right now.
2/9/13 6:17 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/09/13 6:19 AM

zuffa owns her contract... if they dont wanna give her a fight at 145, they should buy invicta and give her fights over there... they can also develop 4 more female divisions that can eventually make their way into the UFC.

Ronda is getting media no other male fighter can get.  Lorenzo needs to secure the rest of the female divisions.

he could buy invicta for cheap and sell the programming to fox to place on fs2 (currently called fuel).. worst case you put it on hdnet and develop the divisions/talent until they are ready for the UFC.

2/9/13 6:21 AM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.tf spell check
2/9/13 6:35 AM
Delightone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck would any one want to be represented by tito!
Does she hate her career that much that she is willing to kill it.

Rhonda should stay 135 and let cyborg come down if she doesnt well her lose cuz rhonda had allready got the belt Phone Post
2/9/13 6:42 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Guyborg never got done for roids then she would have some chips to barter with but the fact is she cheated. Rhonda was the Strikeforce Champion and was brought over to the UFC as the Champion of that Division. Why should Ronda give Guyborg a catch weight fight just so Guyborg can make some dough. Let's face it, Guyborg has enough muscle mass to lose 10 lbs, it's not even 1 fuckin stone. I shite out 1 stone after a spicy curry. Phone Post
2/9/13 7:03 AM
LardArseScaretyCat

Good for her. Maybe she'll get humiliated by Rothenhausler 10 second TKO at Invicta rather than a 30 second arm bar in the UFC.

2/9/13 7:58 AM
Slapnutz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see her in invicta anyways...

instead of signing 3 or 4 fighters to a division that has a serious lack of fighters and not having enough fighters to keep it interesting, how about this idea...

Dana/Zuffa should invest in invicta....build it up for 2 to 3 years like they did with WEC and Strikeforce, and then bring the girls over when you close that organization too, but this time you have 20 to 30 known female fighters to put on some cards.

p.s., how many divisions does invicta have anyways ?
2/9/13 8:40 AM
Chomas
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustDOit -
Mdson - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UFC get Mike Dolce to help Cyborg make weight? I believe Dolce said that he could definitely get Cyborg to make 135.

And why on earth would anyone have Tito Ortiz as their manager?

tito knows the game.

Not really. He's probably got an IQ of 85. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:11 AM
KingGo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustDOit -
Mdson - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UFC get Mike Dolce to help Cyborg make weight? I believe Dolce said that he could definitely get Cyborg to make 135.

And why on earth would anyone have Tito Ortiz as their manager?

tito knows the game.

Must be hard to get around the board w so many burned brdges Phone Post
2/9/13 10:39 AM
miller1981

Slapnutz - I'd rather see her in invicta anyways...

instead of signing 3 or 4 fighters to a division that has a serious lack of fighters and not having enough fighters to keep it interesting, how about this idea...

Dana/Zuffa should invest in invicta....build it up for 2 to 3 years like they did with WEC and Strikeforce, and then bring the girls over when you close that organization too, but this time you have 20 to 30 known female fighters to put on some cards.

p.s., how many divisions does invicta have anyways ?

If I heard Tito right Zuffa may already be investing “UFC wanted to sign a huge deal with Cyborg but they wanted to stick her over in Invicta” Am I behind in something does ufc have anything to do with invicta? Is the video posted yet, Tito said that around the 17 sec mark
2/9/13 12:10 PM
crumbs
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should give up on Cyborg, there are many Atom weights that are more exciting then , Cris "i move like a man" santos. take away her "strength training" and she is just another fighter, side by side comparison with a fighter like Joanne Calderwood, and Cyborg looks like what she really is, all muscle and the ugliest stand up.

focus on expansion at 125 115, those girls deserve it more then cheatborg, and the sex appeal at those weight, after watching all the invicta cards is very acceptable, these ladies make Rousey look like who she really is, and thats a 6 on the 10 scale.

but alas, there is something about seeing that she-hulk smash people, society likes there freaks. RR vs cyborg would be sweet to watch.
2/9/13 12:16 PM
MT11

A) Who cares it's women
B) Cyborg would maul Rousey. Of course ufc doesn't want that fight. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.