UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC To Release Cyborg?

2/9/13 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MT11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A) Who cares it's women
B) Cyborg would maul Rousey. Of course ufc doesn't want that fight. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:55 PM
bruceleesspirit
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProMMAnow.com, Editor

Tito: 

“Right now we’re actually waiting for UFC to release her. We asked for them to release her. Dana actually talked to me yesterday, they offered, they gave an offer, I went to Cyborg, she said she didn’t want to do it and we just asked for a release. Since they’re not having a 145 pound weight class, what else can they do? So, as of now she’s going to be released and maybe we’ll go looking somewhere else and you’ll be seeing Cyborg crush some other women’s faces.”

2/9/13 1:03 PM
mijo

Chris27 - 
Warrenpeace - Cyborg would massacre ROUSEy in any weight class.

Dana doesn't want to risk his cash cow.

Thats why the UFC signed her and tried to get Dolce to get her to make weight, but keep telling yourself the UFC would never risk Ronda by putting her in the cage with Cyborg.

Or maybe they arent gonna make a fight outside the brand new one wmma div they have, smh.

Let Cyborg agree to the fight, make the weight and then Dana says sorry we arent doing that fight, then you can say he is trying to protect Ronda.

Rhonda could easily fight Cyborg at 145 lb. That would be Rhonda's natural weight as well. She competed over that in the Olympics. She's scared.
2/9/13 1:03 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the problem with women's mma...simply not enough women.

how long until they could have one wmma fight on every card or every other card?

when men's mma first started in pride and ufc was it the same 10 fighters all the time? it never seemed that way to me but i wasn't a fan from the start...and of course the events were not as frequent.

i struggle to see how wmma can succeed right now but maybe it's just but i'm guessing mma in general went through similar challenges starting up.
2/9/13 1:16 PM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

Let her fight some dudes fuck it Phone Post
2/9/13 1:23 PM
tbi0904
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - 
Chris27 - 
Warrenpeace - Cyborg would massacre ROUSEy in any weight class.

Dana doesn't want to risk his cash cow.

Thats why the UFC signed her and tried to get Dolce to get her to make weight, but keep telling yourself the UFC would never risk Ronda by putting her in the cage with Cyborg.

Or maybe they arent gonna make a fight outside the brand new one wmma div they have, smh.

Let Cyborg agree to the fight, make the weight and then Dana says sorry we arent doing that fight, then you can say he is trying to protect Ronda.

Rhonda could easily fight Cyborg at 145 lb. That would be Rhonda's natural weight as well. She competed over that in the Olympics. She's scared.

Ronda was pretty small for her weight class in judo, plus judo has same day weigh ins. 135 is perfect for her and where most of the talent in wmma is.
2/9/13 1:26 PM
chrisbaker

Joe_Drogan420 - It means tito is a fucking idiot, or Cyborg is just really scared to fight Rousey without testosterone pumping through her veins to her muscles.
This. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:31 PM
Gullivers Travels

All posturing IMO. Even if released, she will be back.
2/9/13 1:38 PM
ender852
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GoldMedaLInTapping(R) -  Let her fight some dudes fuck it Phone Post

I'd pay to see her vs Aldo or Korean Zombie

2/9/13 1:54 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not to have Tito manage your career;

exhibit A) his own failed bargaining attempts and years of inactivity during the prime of his earning potential,

exhibit B) Cyborg's "career" since signing with Tito.

At least we'll get to see "her" fight in Invicta, unless Tito "manages" to screw that up.
2/9/13 1:59 PM
Gene Pitney

Edited: 02/09/13 2:00 PM
"Warrenpeace - Cyborg would massacre ROUSEy in any weight class. Dana doesn't want to risk his cash cow."

LOL cash cow? Rousey hasn't made a fucking cent for the UFC yet, so lets hold off on the cash cow bit for now eh
2/9/13 2:14 PM
ClosetHomoNevaPosts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.
The UFC doesn't actually care about that weight class though. Just promoting Rousey. If they can do Pettis/Aldo, Silva/Bonnar, Jones/Chael, and Jones/Belfort why can't they do Cyborg vs Rousey? I'm pretty sure Rousey has fought more at 145 than 135.

If the actual developed weight classes can do it, I don't see why the division that only cares about promoting one fighter can't. Phone Post

145, 205, 205, 205.

All real weight classes.

The women have 135. And that is it. There is no other place to jump.
Pardon my ignorance, did they sign Cyborg at 145, without knowing if she could make the weight cut? Phone Post
2/9/13 2:31 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mdson - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UFC get Mike Dolce to help Cyborg make weight? I believe Dolce said that he could definitely get Cyborg to make 135.

And why on earth would anyone have Tito Ortiz as their manager?
This Phone Post
2/9/13 2:48 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 2:55 PM
pegson123 - Two Strikeforce/Zuffa Female Bantamweights (Kaufman & Nunes) are booked to fight in April at Invicta FC 5, less than a month and a half after UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche takes place. We were led to believe UFC 157 was suppose to signify the start of WMMA in the UFC.. I guess not!!

This IMO is the first signs that WMMA in the UFC has already been Pencilled in simply as the Strikeforce Division but transplanted into the UFC,. Also according to giving away fighters like Kaufman and Nunes maybe we are looking at something less than a transplanted Strikeforce Division.

So every bastard like myself who was hoping for a steady 1 WMMA fight per UFC or even 1 WMMA fight every other UFC... Looks like we are going back to the days of obsessing over a matchup for 3 months because with 6 to 8 fighters making up the UFC Women's Division that is how often we will see WMMA fights in the UFC.</span></p>

---
now tito says the UFC wanted to sign Cyborg and put her in invicta, What a fucking joke.

The only Strikeforce women Zuffa has released are Sarah D'Alelio, Julia Budd, and Yamanaka. D'Alelio I believe was released after losing to Shayna Baszler. Yamanaka is pretty understandable, since she cannot reasonably drop to 135 and frankly isn't quite good enough. Budd is a bit baffling, but whatever, the rest are apparently headed to the UFC.

EDIT: to clarify, Zuffa has been talent-sharing with Invicta since they started. They lend them fighters and if they want to sign a fighter Invicta lets them. They got Sara McMann and Cat Zingano this way.
2/9/13 2:55 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Everytime I think of Tito as a manager, the image of him wearing those hipster glasses with the mustache comes to mind.

I'm not trying to fighter bash, but the guy just looks like a complete moron/tool.
2/9/13 2:58 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClosetHomoNevaPosts - 
The Mouth -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
The Mouth - It means they dont have a weight class for her.
The UFC doesn't actually care about that weight class though. Just promoting Rousey. If they can do Pettis/Aldo, Silva/Bonnar, Jones/Chael, and Jones/Belfort why can't they do Cyborg vs Rousey? I'm pretty sure Rousey has fought more at 145 than 135.

If the actual developed weight classes can do it, I don't see why the division that only cares about promoting one fighter can't. Phone Post

145, 205, 205, 205.

All real weight classes.

The women have 135. And that is it. There is no other place to jump.
Pardon my ignorance, did they sign Cyborg at 145, without knowing if she could make the weight cut? Phone Post

Why yes, yes they did. She was signed before she was busted for steroids and before they killed that division, while she was still Strikeforce's Featherweight Champion.

The existing contract is her Strikeforce contract and it was transferable.
2/9/13 8:19 PM
PitbullAlves

mmavixen - 

Wow, this sucks.

yea i saw her fight live, shes a big reason why i got into wmma very exciting fighter
2/9/13 9:01 PM
UGCTT croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - I know people are going to bring up the failed test up, but cyborg is a bigger chic. 135 might just not be possible. I don't know. I do know that Rhonda v. Cyborg not happening absolutely sucks! Phone Post
Yup. Really want to see that fight. If she doesn't want to cut, or physically can't, it's her business. Just sucks for the fans is all :( Phone Post
2/9/13 9:21 PM
rhoadspga
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Joe_Drogan420 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Good for Dana and his golden girl, she can keep fighting lower tier women and Dana can keep telling us how she's a star and so great. 

How is it Dana or Rhonda's fault that Cyborg refuses to take the fight?

Because even though Rousey started her career at 145lbs, she's refusing a catchweight to make the fight happen. Cyborg has said time and time again she can't make BW, she's not gonna drain herself to make Dana happy. It would be like Pacquiao/Cotto, why drain yourself and have a shitty fight? 

It makes no sense to fight her at 140 or 145.

Ronda is the 135lb champ and Cyborg can make the weight, so come to 135 and fight her.

Cyborg makes 145 on roids, she can make 135 off of them. Dolce even said he could get her there.

She is scared!
I'm sick and tired of hearing how Rousey or Cyborg are "scared." If anyone REALLY believes either of these gals are "scared" then you shouldn't even be watching MMA, much less discussing it on a forum. This isn't a junior high fight in between 3rd and 4th period between the bully and the short, skinny kid who's afraid to walk down the hall. Anyone who talks about professional fighters being scared needs to go check out the kiddie forum. Phone Post
2/10/13 8:43 AM
baj54

It's really not that big of a deal if they don't fight right away. The non-hardcore fans don't even know a female division exist withion the UFC. By having Rhonda fight a few times on main event cards it draws interest from the normal crowd. Nobody wants to pay for a one and done wmma championship match between its two only viable cash cows. Let them build up the division first, you people stop your bitching about those two not fighting. You all are willing to ruin an entire division just to satisfy your own greedy needs. Of course I believe they should have to naked mud wrestle each other before the fight, for research purposes of course!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.