UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> All of the divisions have had logjams...

2/8/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 10:17 PM

MMA trash talk is a fickle thing, some love it some hate it but to me. The LAMEST and I mean LAMEST circumstance that breeds it is fighters butthurt that they don't get their shot immediately.

Every division that has been around for at least a few years including bantamweight, is or has experienced logjams at the top due to injuries or whatever. I really can't find anything interesting in the fighters that are bitching and claiming ducking.

Take a page from Pettis he took a fight as WEC champ coming into the UFC AND IT SCREWED HIM out of a titleshot. Did he bitch? Fuck no he hiked up his fucking boots and dealt with it and when it came around AGAIN for his turn to have a title shot but another champ coming in gets it first, did he bitch? FUCK NO. he said i'll wait and then saw an opportunity to fight Aldo and took it with no bitching no shit talk NOTHING.

And who in the sport is more feared for his standup than him relative to his weight? Take a page from Pettis guys like Weidman, Hendricks etc. stopping trying to fake insult the champ into giving you motivation. Keep working and your skills will do the talking.

Also realize you are in a sport that does not work 100% like a ranking = shot system and your throwing around whines and grumbles WON'T CHANGE THAT FACT.

2/8/13 10:18 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Good post, voted up.

2/8/13 10:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael's talk is on it's own level and generates it's own hype because he wears it on his sleeve, you guys don't have the personalities for it and don't have the chops.

2/8/13 10:21 PM
ChaosOverkill

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

Good post, voted up.

Thanks man, I needed to articulate why these guys have got to stop talking nonsense half of them don't even believe.

It's phony and lame

2/8/13 10:21 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU Phone Post
2/8/13 10:24 PM
ChaosOverkill

Pettis should be FURIOUS with Bendo and the ufc. Is he? Hell no he and Bendo are respected opponents, they will    stare each other down when it happens eventually intensely for no other reason than Bendo has the belt and knows Pettis is legit and beat him once and when the fight is over, the winner will be crowned they will hug and move on knowing they made it about the fight, not themselves not shitty nonsense, the culmination of skill and opportunity.

2/9/13 8:29 AM
ChaosOverkill

I would love to see the giant laundry list of fighters who have actually been "Scurred" and subsequently never fought that fighter.

Give me a break

2/9/13 8:51 AM
JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still don't think it's fair to logjam an entire division for another 12 months because somebody from another weight class deserves a title shot and is being given your champ to fight for a title shot - especially after said champ has just defended it against someone who usually fights in another division.

The last time Jose Aldo fought someone who has fought in the FW division, it was January 2012 (Chad Mendes). The next time Aldo fights someone who has fought in the FW division, it will probably be December 2013/January 2014. That's two years between genuine contenders; however that is only if they don't give it to someone from LW again or if someone gets injured and the fight gets postponed. So there is the potential that it could be even longer than 2 years. The FW division needs some kind of union, it's criminal what's happening to them. 

Also, I don't know why Hendricks would need to take pointers from Pettis in regards to his stand up doing his talking. In 2 out of his last 3 fights he fought top contenders, stone cold dropped and finished them in a combined time of under a minute. That's impressive and before you ask, yes I don't agree with Nick Diaz getting the next shot at GSP lol

2/9/13 9:39 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 02/09/13 9:41 AM
JBASS - 

I still don't think it's fair to logjam an entire division for another 12 months because somebody from another weight class deserves a title shot and is being given your champ to fight for a title shot - especially after said champ has just defended it against someone who usually fights in another division.

The last time Jose Aldo fought someone who has fought in the FW division, it was January 2012 (Chad Mendes). The next time Aldo fights someone who has fought in the FW division, it will probably be December 2013/January 2014. That's two years between genuine contenders; however that is only if they don't give it to someone from LW again or if someone gets injured and the fight gets postponed. So there is the potential that it could be even longer than 2 years. The FW division needs some kind of union, it's criminal what's happening to them. 

Also, I don't know why Hendricks would need to take pointers from Pettis in regards to his stand up doing his talking. In 2 out of his last 3 fights he fought top contenders, stone cold dropped and finished them in a combined time of under a minute. That's impressive and before you ask, yes I don't agree with Nick Diaz getting the next shot at GSP lol

The point wasn't about the standup speaking for him just beating all comers and his skills staking the claim like Pettis has.

Pettis particular method is with his striking, each other fighter butthurt they aren't immediately ushered in as a PPV golden child contender can do it with whatever skills they have at their disposal and sets them apart.

ANd the logjamming isn't intentional, it happens by a combination of circumstances, the UFC is not a pure rankings means everything kind of organization, it just isn't and everyone has to move on because just whining and calling a guy scared clearly is getting redundant because I can't find a case where a guy never got his chance eventually if he kept being dominant and proved someone was scared.

So fighter x saying "Guy is scurred" is sounding more and more moronic as other fighters deal with the situation and move on like Pettis did.

2/9/13 9:43 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 02/09/13 9:48 AM

and if there are two guys who are not SCURRED, it's GSP and Silva who haven't dodged an opponent yet and one obliterates people and the other completely outclasses them at sports they started when they were kids and he picked up after Karate as an adult.

Why cry over spilt milk? Seriously just to hear yourself talk and fill some Ariel Helwani's blog quota? Tell him to fuck off and focus on what you can affect.

If theres' someone to blame, blame the UFC for not having clear rankings and rules on champs requirements. Yes they've let the lunatics run the asylum so to speak but it made them hundreds of millions of dollars and no Johnny come lately and Chris Weidman is going to reform that when 9/10 guys can't even win a round against either of the champs in question.

2/9/13 5:10 PM
JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I see it, Hendricks has beat all comers and deserves the shot. Fitch, Kos and Kampmann in a row and on  a 5 fight win streak. Diaz hasn't fought in 12 months and his last win was a year and a half ago. I don't know what actions could possibly speak much louder than that. 

Either way, this FW logjam is still wrong. I understand that there may not be an official ranking that determines title shots, but I don't see why the champ should fight anyone from outside their division unless it is a champ vs. champ superfight. 

2/9/13 7:38 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

ChaosOverkill - 

and if there are two guys who are not SCURRED, it's GSP and Silva who haven't dodged an opponent yet and one obliterates people and the other completely outclasses them at sports they started when they were kids and he picked up after Karate as an adult.

Why cry over spilt milk? Seriously just to hear yourself talk and fill some Ariel Helwani's blog quota? Tell him to fuck off and focus on what you can affect.

If theres' someone to blame, blame the UFC for not having clear rankings and rules on champs requirements. Yes they've let the lunatics run the asylum so to speak but it made them hundreds of millions of dollars and no Johnny come lately and Chris Weidman is going to reform that when 9/10 guys can't even win a round against either of the champs in question.

The idea that Anderson Silva is scared, or even worried or apprehensive, about facing any human in hand-to-hand combat is simply ludicrous.  I guarantee Silva considers himself the baddest motherfucker alive and would fight anybody in the world at any weight class with full confidence that he will win.

2/9/13 7:39 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

GSP on the other hand has a very different mentality and has admitted fear in fights before.  That said, he still fights (and beats) everyone in the end.

2/9/13 9:59 PM
ChaosOverkill

JBASS - 

The way I see it, Hendricks has beat all comers and deserves the shot. Fitch, Kos and Kampmann in a row and on  a 5 fight win streak. Diaz hasn't fought in 12 months and his last win was a year and a half ago. I don't know what actions could possibly speak much louder than that. 

Either way, this FW logjam is still wrong. I understand that there may not be an official ranking that determines title shots, but I don't see why the champ should fight anyone from outside their division unless it is a champ vs. champ superfight. 

Look I won't for a second tell you it's ideal or fair, but it's not really the point I'm trying to make. If FW were as deep as LW Lamas would still have a fight or two to go anyways in a regular year in the past. Yes I think all things considered Lamas has earned a shot but to act asif your world has ended and it's catastophic to your great fate as the champ beater is getting beyond melodramatic.

If it were the first time it happened yes, but the guy he just beat lost his spot because of a combo of his injury and Aldo's and it sent him to the back of the line and even he didn't really bitch. I think these guys really have to have some 4d thinking.

None of them are as old as a guy like Hendo who, yes there I can see a reason to bitch because he has little time left. The rest of these guys have so much time left and I guarantee one of the logjams opens up due to an injury to challenger, it's just too many matchups to count on staying healthy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.