UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White vs MMA Fighters is Ridiculous

2/9/13 6:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White, though a bit callous at times, is a superb businessman and I am a fan of his accomplishments. I read his comments that Frank Shamrock wants to fight him and had to shake my head. Why would Frank Shamrock or any other current or former fighter want to fight a businessman who has never been a MMA fighter? Its similar to an athlete getting upset with a news reporter and threatening to beat him up.

Bottom line, beat Dana with intellect or in the board room. Frank is a smart guy who, at one time, was one of the best fighters in the world. This "my dad is tougher than your dad" mentality is ridiculous. I'm sure many professional fighters would like to punch out Dana but if you have to validate yourself by beating up a middle aged businessman, you need some introspection.
2/9/13 6:41 AM
Smellde Gluve
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. It's sad.

2/9/13 6:45 AM
eXtv
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 6:48 AM
Dana is still a petulant child at heart. It's just his ego that's become hugely inflated.

Personally I want him to fight a guy like Shamrock or Tito, and after they kick 7 shades of shit out of him I hope he'd be more respectful to the people who made him a millionaire.
2/9/13 7:05 AM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This sport would be bigger then soccer now if Dana wasn't at the helm. Plus he had no problem hyping the Tito fight with him when Tito pulled out weeks before, making Tito look like he was scared.
2/9/13 7:11 AM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beezulbubba - This sport would be bigger then soccer now if Dana wasn't at the helm. Plus he had no problem hyping the Tito fight with him when Tito pulled out weeks before, making Tito look like he was scared.

I doubt it would be bigger than soccer, but it might actually be able to become a real sport. The problem is, it would be colossally stupid to allow that to happen from a corporate perspective.

The UFC must be contained by the corporation that owns it. If that corporation allows it to turn into a real sport, that corporation would lose control of it's own spectacle. And would mark the beginning of the end for the UFC brand.

So, ufc will never be allowed to become a true sport, it must be contained as a wholly owned trademarked entertainment spectacle to preserve profit potential.
2/9/13 8:02 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

eXtv - Dana is still a petulant child at heart. It's just his ego that's become hugely inflated.

Personally I want him to fight a guy like Shamrock or Tito, and after they kick 7 shades of shit out of him I hope he'd be more respectful to the people who made him a millionaire.
Well Tito tucked on the boxing match....

:) Phone Post
2/9/13 5:39 PM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T3
2/11/13 11:55 AM
newbiegrappler

Though Baldy seems like he is a shrill for DW, I agree. Dana sounds very abrasive and angry but why would a professional fighter call out anyone that is not currently competing or never fought at all?
2/11/13 12:32 PM
cool papa
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv - Dana is still a petulant child at heart. It's just his ego that's become hugely inflated.

2/11/13 12:40 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fighter wanting to fight Dana isn't so much like an athlete threatening to fight a news reporter, it's more a basketball player fervently challenging a news reporter to a game of H.O.R.S.E.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.