UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg Asked for Release from UFC????

2/9/13 8:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to Tito Ortiz via twitter.

What the fuck? Phone Post
2/9/13 8:23 AM
Twist of Cain
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/13 8:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrOrDcT9Fg

"Tito Ortiz, manager of Cris Cyborg tells Inside MMA that Cyborg has asked to be released from her contract with the UFC, and will look to fight elsewhere in 2013"
2/9/13 8:23 AM
grimer

Definitely the right move when you are coming off an extensive layoff/steroid suspension.
2/9/13 8:24 AM
Aziraphale
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
2/9/13 8:25 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

grimer - Definitely the right move when you are coming off an extensive layoff/steroid suspension.
Can't see video. Care to recap Tito's reasoning? Phone Post
2/9/13 8:28 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to think its because he....sorry, SHE knows she'll never be able to make 135 and the roid rumors will always follow her big if she's in the ufc. I'd say she'll probably try making it big in a smaller promotion. Phone Post
2/9/13 8:31 AM
Twist of Cain

Edited: 02/09/13 8:33 AM
Tito's basically saying that it'd be physically impossible for Cyborg to drop down to 135 and they pushed hard for the fight to be at 140. Dana made Cyborg an offer, she didn't want it and asked to be released. They feel if there's no 145 weight class, then they don't need to be in the UFC and they're going to look else where.

Bas asked about Invicta, and Tito said "we'll see."
2/9/13 8:33 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Thanks for the recap.

I think she could make 135 they just don't want her to give up any muscle mass. What do you guys think? Phone Post
2/9/13 8:36 AM
MentaL
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  Thanks for the recap.

I think she could make 135 they just don't want her to give up any muscle mass. What do you guys think? Phone Post

I think she should stop using male hormones. 

2/9/13 8:46 AM
Wade5000
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg to Bellator ???
2/9/13 8:54 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

there is no 145# WMMA division in the world really - she will end up in openweight freakshow shit in Japan

2/9/13 9:00 AM
AlchemyIronworks

Tito Ortiz new worst manager ever. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:01 AM
DoomFarmer

Tito is a terrible manager.

Lol @ this entire clusterfuck of a scenario. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:12 AM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She just needs to fight overseas so he can roid out and smash cans Phone Post
2/9/13 9:14 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think she's Scared of Rhonda and scared to fight someone on an equal playing field... Pretty pathetic IMO! Phone Post
2/9/13 9:19 AM
MMALOGIC

zuffa essentially told her to drop to 135 or they will give her fights on Invicta.  she has like 4 fights left on her existing contract.

now she and tito are crying and want to be released.

2/9/13 9:20 AM
BRZ

Wade5000 - Cyborg to Bellator ???
More like Invicta FC. I'm sure Shannon would take her. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:22 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

UGCTT_El Pescadero -  I think she's Scared of Rhonda and scared to fight someone on an equal playing field... Pretty pathetic IMO! Phone Post

Please tell me you're attempting to troll.

Tito said it himself: Let her test the waters at 135 before facing Ronda, to see how she handles the cut. 

In the end, this is a good move for Cyborg. She'll be back.

2/9/13 9:27 AM
Nub

yellow c0ckahlc -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -  I think she's Scared of Rhonda and scared to fight someone on an equal playing field... Pretty pathetic IMO! Phone Post

Tito said it himself: Let her test the waters at 135 before facing Ronda, to see how she handles the cut. 

Why doesn't she test the 135 waters on Ronda first? Oh, yeah, because shes scared and would rather be cut from the orginization than have to fight the beast that is Rousey. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:29 AM
sgotwalks
659 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nub - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Why doesn't she test the 135 waters on Ronda first? Oh, yeah, because shes scared and would rather be cut from the orginization than have to fight the beast that is Rousey. Phone Post

Can she not test those waters in the UFC? Why does she have to go elsewhere to do that?

2/9/13 9:31 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

Nub - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Yes, because cutting down to 135 for the first time in your career to challenge for the championship is such a smart move...

Nothing wrong with wanting to fight elsewhere, before eventually feeling comfortable in your new weight class.

Funny how quickly people forget that Ronda originally fought at 145 while Cyborg was champion.

2/9/13 9:32 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -

Have never "trolled" ... Nor do I post shit to get a reaction from people... I post my opinion Always... I think she's Scared... Someone who takes Steroids is Scared, that's why they think they need the extra boost, cause there scared that there natural talents n assets aren't enough to get the job done , so they turn to the SHIT. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:33 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

sgotwalks - 
Nub - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Can she not test those waters in the UFC? Why does she have to go elsewhere to do that?

She probably wants to take a few catchweight bouts while she's cutting down to 135, which is something the UFC won't do.

Again, I don't see the problem with her asking for a release.

2/9/13 9:34 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
yellow c0ckahlc -

Have never "trolled" ... Nor do I post shit to get a reaction from people... I post my opinion Always... I think she's Scared... Someone who takes Steroids is Scared, that's why they think they need the extra boost, cause there scared that there natural talents n assets aren't enough to get the job done , so they turn to the SHIT. Phone Post
Frankie had never fought at 145 ... Did he say he needed a test fight to see if he should challenge Aldo? No ... He stepped up and took the fight. Phone Post
2/9/13 9:39 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
yellow c0ckahlc -

Frankie had never fought at 145 ... Did he say he needed a test fight to see if he should challenge Aldo? No ... He stepped up and took the fight. Phone Post

Oh, you mean the natural 145'er who just lost?

Like I said, it's smart for her to take some tune-up fights before facing a champion of Rousey's caliber. She wants to be in the best shape for that challenge, and once again, there's nothing wrong with that.

I seriously doubt she's "scared."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.