UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gunnar Nelson vs Jorge Santiago

2/9/13 12:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you see this fight playing out?

Maia couldnt tap Jorge and he has never been tapped in his career. If he pulls off a sub it would be huge. Jorge cannot be underestimated though, he is a solid fighter.

2/9/13 1:00 PM
BeatonHauff
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to say, Jorge has never looked good against top level competition. Gunnar by decision maybe? Phone Post
2/9/13 1:06 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very interesting matchup and a big step up for Gunnar

a few unknowns -  jorge at ww. Gunnars chin

I think  Gunnars striking is underrated, I can see him hurting Jorge then subbing him.  

2/9/13 1:08 PM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorge is a little chinny, and Blackzillians havent looked too good on their feet recently. i wouldnt be surprised if gunnar gets a flash KO.

Otherwise Gunnar via decision
2/9/13 1:08 PM
sincitydc
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy this fights happening. I hope Gunnar wins impressively and gets his name out there. Santiago has been inconsistent. Phone Post
2/9/13 1:13 PM
DoubleBagger
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Santiago eiher finishes him quickly, or else Nelson will win via decision.
2/9/13 1:14 PM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

I like Jorge but he always seems to choke when he's on the main card Phone Post
2/9/13 3:25 PM
TuLegit

Jorge is going to get dominated. Phone Post
2/9/13 3:48 PM
mata_leao
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though Maia couldn't pull of a sub, I'm thinking Gunnar will pull off a slick one.

Gunni sub sandwich. Phone Post
2/15/13 8:53 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Pre-fight interviews of both guys:

2/15/13 8:54 AM
Doctor Snuggles

WAR Gunnar "my body is ready" Nelson. ;)
2/15/13 9:05 AM
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have watched some of Jorges interviews frmo yesterday. He is compltely underestimating Gunnar. He just thinks he is a grappler. He is in for a rude awakening.

2/15/13 9:17 AM
Bwatermyfren
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie -

I have watched some of Jorges interviews frmo yesterday. He is compltely underestimating Gunnar. He just thinks he is a grappler. He is in for a rude awakening.

Just thinkin that myself. Phone Post
2/15/13 9:29 AM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/15/13 1:00 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Exclusive : Gunnar Nelson Weigh-in Video

2/15/13 1:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not really sure what to expect, that is why I'm looking forward to it. Phone Post
2/15/13 1:05 PM
zazen br

Very hard fight to predict. I'll go with Gunnar decision, but really, every outcome has a good chance of happening.
2/15/13 8:54 PM
Doctor Snuggles

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1529351-kenny-florian-on-gunnar-nelson-he-hangs-with-gsps-wrestling-in-training

Dude's wrestling seems to be legit.
2/15/13 9:22 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I put a lot of money on Gunnar, expect to see him win impressively, but you never know I guess.

2/15/13 11:22 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the rare instances where a fighter dropping out resulted in a better bout being made.
2/16/13 3:47 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Doctor Snuggles - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1529351-kenny-florian-on-gunnar-nelson-he-hangs-with-gsps-wrestling-in-training

Dude's wrestling seems to be legit.

Good info
2/16/13 4:15 AM
man meets fate

Santiago has br en mixing it up with att so I don't expect him to have the bad luck other guys from blackzilians been having.

Santiago is so damn hard to submit, I don't think gunnar can pull it off. I see gunnar possibly winning by decision due to h is wrestling, bit I see a bigger chance of jorge knocking him out.
2/16/13 4:34 AM
Mufasatheking

Gunnar has great GNP, he might get the TKO
2/16/13 4:41 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

Although Gunnar is no doubt the better grappler, this is certainly the most difficult fight he's had and the biggest step up in competition MMA wise to date. I'm picking Gunnar to win, but it's not like Jorge Santiago is a slouch, and he might just look awesome at Welterweight. Who knows?

Then again, just looking at this amazing photo gives me all the confidence in the world in Gunnar in MMA's 170 lb. division:

I mean, Monson is literally a beast of a grappler even at Heavyweight. Pretty amazing, actually!
2/16/13 4:59 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - 

I put a lot of money on Gunnar, expect to see him win impressively, but you never know I guess.

Cha-ching!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.