UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis: Duke & I Have Many Different Relationships

2/9/13 7:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LevickMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last, but not least there is coach Roufus who helped fill the void of father figure, friend and many other roles. Pettis spoke glowingly of his relationship with the former kickboxing world champion. Today they have developed a bond that gets stronger and stronger in and out of the gym.

“Duke and I have so many different relationships. We’re business partners in the gym as well as in a sports bar and of course we have a coach-student relationship,” offered Pettis. “We have a big brother relationship, a father-son relationship and we have a mentor relationship. He plays so many roles in my life that it’s hard to pick one and he does them all so well. I walked into his gym as a 19-year-old kid and I really didn’t know what I was doing in life. I wanted to find something to keep me out of trouble and I just wanted to fight. I wanted to feel what it was like to be in this kind (MMA) of a fight. Taekwondo is very controlled and very different from MMA. I thought I knew everything, upon meeting him for the first time I told him I was a 3rd degree blackbelt and asked him what class I should take.”

To read the full interview visit BJPenn.Com

2/9/13 9:20 PM
devilishstoner
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff, thanks.
2/9/13 9:32 PM
Ruin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beep
2/9/13 9:56 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

devilishstoner - Good stuff, thanks.
Same here, thanks for posting. Phone Post
2/9/13 10:01 PM
Jits_n_Hoez

Good read, cheerios. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:06 AM
Duke Roufus
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roufusport Academy, Owner
Great Interview!

Anthony is great person! I am honored to have him in my personal life!
2/11/13 11:35 AM
Wisco Thai
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great read
2/11/13 11:42 AM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT love Pettis and Duke! Phone Post
2/11/13 11:52 AM
stickman
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not to call him old but in his interviews, it almost seems like Duke is a father figure to many of the fighters at his gym. You can definitely see his sincerity in doing the best for these guys.
2/11/13 11:57 AM
GroundStPound

Beep thread title Phone Post
2/11/13 12:53 PM
Uchi
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are few camps I would like to see with a UFC titleholder in their stable more than Rufusport. Much respect.
2/12/13 2:24 PM
Duke Roufus
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roufusport Academy, Owner
Uchi - There are few camps I would like to see with a UFC titleholder in their stable more than Rufusport. Much respect.

Thank You Very Much!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.