UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: Jones 'considerably better' than Silva

2/10/13 12:33 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I think there's a big gap between them," Sonnen said in an interview with Jay Mohr on FOX Sports Radio. "I think that Jon Jones is considerably better, I think he's the best talent our sport has ever seen."

"Jon comes out there with something new every time," he said. "Some trick that it appears he's making up. Stuff I've never seen."

"I am 100 percent offense and from the second the referee says, ‘Go.' I will. I will come across and I will bring the fight to him," Sonnen said. "I may go down, he's a good fighter I may go down, but I promise you I will go like a gangster and I will be firing the entire time."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

2/10/13 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zed Wayne Zed
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"......by TKO in the very first minute, and STILL........"

I'd put the number of fights Sonnen has left at two, and then he can retreat to his FOX dek job where he belongs.

I really despise this guy, everything but his work ethic. (I can dig that)
2/10/13 12:39 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Not in the striking department.
2/10/13 12:43 PM
behzad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva considerably better then Jones Phone Post
KlinAtizer
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelsonnensayswhat?? Phone Post
behzad

Wait I meant Sonnen !
Fuck Phone Post
2/10/13 12:45 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - "......by TKO in the very first minute, and STILL........"

I'd put the number of fights Sonnen has left at two, and then he can retreat to his FOX dek job where he belongs.

Just out of interest, have you been watching this season of TUF?

It really has opened my eyes as to who Chael really is. I'm a fan of his now after seeing how much he cares about the guys on his team and how he helped Urijha deal with the psychological problems he was having. Sure, the guy runs his mouth but that is just a character he plays, the real Chael Sonnen is a great guy.

Plus he is one hell of a fighter, I have always enjoyed watching Chael fight because I like his style but I've never really been a fan becasue of the way he conducted himself in front of camera. That's all changed now.

2/10/13 12:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for 10 pages of arguing and making fun of Chael, when he's just selling his fight. Phone Post
2/10/13 12:48 PM
ABE FROMAN

For all the trolling and proclamations by his fanbase, Silva is so far in Chael's head he could be a tumor.

2/10/13 12:48 PM
Rudi

"I may go down" he's already accepted defeat. Phone Post
2/10/13 12:49 PM
da Vinci 81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone including chael knows he's not beating jones.

This fight was set up for a tuf ratings booster and a break for jones to let the lhw division sort itself out. Phone Post
2/10/13 12:52 PM
MadsTimm

I think theres an angle for a future fight with anderson v jones, like dana has got sonnen to try n rile anderson a bit.. Dont get me wrong im a big sonnen fan n hope he beats jones but i just cant see it so when jones wins there can have a recent common opponent to build up a debate for a super fight with them Phone Post
2/10/13 12:53 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One - 

It really has opened my eyes as to who Chael really is. I'm a fan of his now after seeing how much he cares about the guys on his team and how he helped Urijha deal with the psychological problems he was having. Sure, the guy runs his mouth but that is just a character he plays, the real Chael Sonnen is a great guy.

Plus he is one hell of a fighter, I have always enjoyed watching Chael fight because I like his style but I've never really been a fan becasue of the way he conducted himself in front of camera. That's all changed now.

I have not watched TV, nor had it, in like seven years.

So, no.

But, funny you should say that, I have heard people on here mention Sonnen comes off quite well, so maybe I can search around and find some stuff.

I just hate the fact he cheated with PEDs in his wrestle-fak fifth round collapse in his loss to Silva, and then in the re-match, he made it look like a work.

I like quiet and humble martial artists, not people like Sonnen.
2/10/13 12:53 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -  "I may go down" he's already accepted defeat. Phone Post

he just told me NOT TO BUY the PPV
what a fuken waste of a fight
2/10/13 12:55 PM
vaginal tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still interested and I'm still going to watch it. Phone Post
2/10/13 12:59 PM
Rockstars
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed -
Vitor Me A New One - 

So, no.

But, funny you should say that, I have heard people on here mention Sonnen comes off quite well, so maybe I can search around and find some stuff.

I just hate the fact he cheated with PEDs in his wrestle-fak fifth round collapse in his loss to Silva, and then in the re-match, he made it look like a work.

Check out Rogan's podcast with Sonnen. Changed my mind about him. Phone Post
2/10/13 1:01 PM
Mongo Lloyd
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Chael retires from fighting he will be a suit wearing Zuffa employee.

You heard it here first.
2/10/13 1:03 PM
TexasBadAss
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree on the Rogan podcast. When he drops the gimmick he's actually somebody that is very likeable. If he stopped selling the fight and was just the all american guy trying to win a title for his father's memory he'd be loved by 99% of the UG.
2/10/13 1:09 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Zed Wayne Zed -
Vitor Me A New One - 

So, no.

You should check out this season of TUF Zed. Phone Post
2/10/13 1:11 PM
ABE FROMAN

TexasBadAss - Agree on the Rogan podcast. When he drops the gimmick he's actually somebody that is very likeable. If he stopped selling the fight and was just the all american guy trying to win a title for his father's memory he'd be loved by 99% of the UG.

I agree with this. I absolutely love the guy as a commentator but he almost never steps away from WWE or 'Anderson Silva' this or that at least a few times a day.

He's gonna rida Anderson's jock until he retires.

2/10/13 1:11 PM
ABE FROMAN

TexasBadAss - Agree on the Rogan podcast. When he drops the gimmick he's actually somebody that is very likeable. If he stopped selling the fight and was just the all american guy trying to win a title for his father's memory he'd be loved by 99% of the UG.

I agree with this. I absolutely love the guy as a commentator but he almost never steps away from WWE or 'Anderson Silva' this or that at least a few times a day.

2/10/13 1:12 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed with Sonnen.  Jones is better.

2/10/13 1:22 PM
Winston Wolf

Sonnen knows how to sell a fight
2/10/13 1:24 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not getting dragged into this one.....
(Shakes head and exits).... Phone Post
2/10/13 1:27 PM
da Vinci 81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

I don't think I've seen or heard him even mention Anderson's name since their second fight until now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.