UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: Jones 'considerably better' than Silva

2/10/13 1:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
TexasBadAss - Agree on the Rogan podcast. When he drops the gimmick he's actually somebody that is very likeable. If he stopped selling the fight and was just the all american guy trying to win a title for his father's memory he'd be loved by 99% of the UG.

I agree with this. I absolutely love the guy as a commentator but he almost never steps away from WWE or 'Anderson Silva' this or that at least a few times a day.

He's gonna rida Anderson's jock until he retires.

I don't think I've seen or heard him even mention Anderson's name since their second fight until now.
2/10/13 1:28 PM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/13 1:29 PM
Still trash talking Silva? Looks like Chael wants another rematch.
2/10/13 1:28 PM
MostLegit
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael seems like a genuinely good guy when he drops his persona. The PEDs are less than ideal, but fuck it, if I had to fight Anderson Silva I'd definitely do it Stephan Bonnar style as well.

I understand the persona appeal to the lowest common denominator, but it annoys the piss out of me. I'm glad he's let off it to show himself as a coach and gentleman on TUF. Phone Post
2/10/13 1:30 PM
raf_269
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael seems to be accepting defeat already. Seeing as he was beat soundly by Silva, and than saying Jones is "considerably better", even he's giving himself zero shot at beating Bones. I figured Chael to be the last person to say, "I may go down". He's kinda taking some anticipation out of this fight.

Just step aside and let's see the Silva-Jones fight lol.

2/10/13 1:39 PM
Bulerias

Chael is just trying to build his legacy on the back of Silva before this Dana "yes man" fades into the obscurity of his own record. Funny how many UG'rs buy into it, that a good fighter with an ugly ego is among one of the best, I suppose he could sell you a used car or vacuum pretty easy too... Phone Post
2/10/13 1:40 PM
Willin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does everyone get so upset by Chael's persona?

Chael's the man. Stop being pussies. Phone Post
2/10/13 1:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones is gonna push his shit in, fight will be ugly. Jones in the 4th via submission or possible hellbows from mount Phone Post
2/10/13 1:47 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - Why does everyone get so upset by Chael's persona?

Chael's the man. Stop being pussies. Phone Post
This lol Phone Post
2/10/13 1:48 PM
The_Spider
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

For all the trolling and proclamations by his fanbase, Silva is so far in Chael's head he could be a tumor.

Eetz not a Tu-mah!
2/10/13 1:53 PM
ABE FROMAN

Sonnen got sonned twice, worse the second time.

lol

2/10/13 1:55 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
ABE FROMAN - 
TexasBadAss - Agree on the Rogan podcast. When he drops the gimmick he's actually somebody that is very likeable. If he stopped selling the fight and was just the all american guy trying to win a title for his father's memory he'd be loved by 99% of the UG.

I agree with this. I absolutely love the guy as a commentator but he almost never steps away from WWE or 'Anderson Silva' this or that at least a few times a day.

He's gonna rida Anderson's jock until he retires.

I don't think I've seen or heard him even mention Anderson's name since their second fight until now.

He only mentioned Anderson because he was asked about him specifically. Some people think he just brung up Anderson out of the blue.

Here is the full audio interview for anyone interested

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/13133/130206-Jay_Mohr-Chael_Sonnen_1360177454_20739.mp3

2/10/13 2:00 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well rounded poster - Bones looks clumsy on the feet next to Anderson. His clinch and takedowns (and striking) wouldn't be so great without the 84" reach. But as a package, yes Bones is an absolute beast. Him and Anderson is a toss-up IMO Phone Post
This. Phone Post
2/10/13 2:39 PM
XcessiveZ

Spartan 117 Master Chief - Anderson Silva has striking and BJJ offense and defense on JBJ. Jones just has huge size and wrestling Phone Post
I would give the sub advantage to Jones.Sub wins over Bader, Machida, Rampage, and Vitor.Look at Jones ground work against Shogun, he was absolutely bullying him from inside the guard, and Shogun has a tight ground game.

I think Jones is the favorite in the Silva fight . Phone Post
2/10/13 2:46 PM
MT11

I think Jones would beat Silva easily. Much more offensive GnP compared to Chael. Phone Post
2/10/13 5:41 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lil rampage got CREtired - Interesting comments considering that Sonnen has proven himself considerably better than Silva by dominating two fights head to head.

I feel sorry for Anderson when Sonnen ragdolls him in the 3rd fight in front of 80,000 at Cowboys stadium.

Sonnen beats on Silva like a drum for 20 minutes before mercifully darcing him to sleep to finish the trilogy.
.....doing my best tryin not to tell u how fucking retarded this statement is...... Phone Post
2/10/13 5:49 PM
Phisher

Chaelismyhero - No way Chael gets finished. It Jonny Bones 4 rounds to finish Vitor and Rampage. He didnt even finish Rashad. Chael is way tougher than all those guys. Chael is going to win this fight.

How often do Vitor and Rampage get finished?

2/10/13 5:58 PM
DRevan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's throwing the UFC a bone and being a company man. Sonnen knows how to sell a fight, even when it's not his own. THIS is why he gets so many opportunities in the the UFC. Chael is in it for the same reasons the UFC is....it's a business..and it's about money and "winning"

Silva is an artist who can do the unthinkable. Jones is a freak athlete. Big difference. One is like magic, the other is like an elegantly tuned machine.

TRUE greatness lies in the mind and heart.

THAT is why Ali and Silva are "the greatest"...as Cus told Tyson..."you had to kill him"
2/10/13 7:25 PM
easedel

How can people hate Sonnen?
2/10/13 7:36 PM
Osbot

GarlicSauce - Still trash talking Silva? Looks like Chael wants another rematch.

I agree with Sonnen, in the mean orchards of South East Kelowna, someone wrapping their legs around your neck doesn't mean they won after you pummeled them for 22 minutes.

In the hearts and minds of MMA fans across the globe, Sonnen 'won' the first fight.

It's time for a rubber match.
2/10/13 7:46 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot -
GarlicSauce - Still trash talking Silva? Looks like Chael wants another rematch.

I agree with Sonnen, in the mean orchards of South East Kelowna, someone wrapping their legs around your neck doesn't mean they won after you pummeled them for 22 minutes.

In the hearts and minds of MMA fans across the globe, Sonnen 'won' the first fight.

Do u even watch mma!? Sonnen layed on and pitter pattered Silva for 4.5 rounds....Silva didnt have a mark on his face. Then, Silva wrapped his legs around Sonnen, and he tapped out! Sonnen tapped because he couldn't continue.. if he did...he would've gone to sleep. He didn't win the fucking fight! And anyone who thinks he did is a fucking moron.....

Man I feel better now ..... Phone Post
2/10/13 8:00 PM
Size

"I may go down"
"OMG he's flat out admitting he's gonna get killed! I'm appalled!"

"I will have my hand raised"
"OMG what a nut, he thinks he's gonna win! I'm appalled!"
2/10/13 8:00 PM
ortman166

Vitor Me A New One -
Zed Wayne Zed - "......by TKO in the very first minute, and STILL........"

I'd put the number of fights Sonnen has left at two, and then he can retreat to his FOX dek job where he belongs.

I really despise this guy, everything but his work ethic. (I can dig that)

Just out of interest, have you been watching this season of TUF?

It really has opened my eyes as to who Chael really is. I'm a fan of his now after seeing how much he cares about the guys on his team and how he helped Urijha deal with the psychological problems he was having. Sure, the guy runs his mouth but that is just a character he plays, the real Chael Sonnen is a great guy.

Plus he is one hell of a fighter, I have always enjoyed watching Chael fight because I like his style but I've never really been a fan becasue of the way he conducted himself in front of camera. That's all changed now.

Lol at you buying into his good guy act now. Phone Post
2/10/13 8:08 PM
ABE FROMAN

Osbot - 

Only if the 'globe' encompasses like 10 diehards on MMA.TV.

To everybody else he got choked out.

Then he got blugeoned in the second match. lol

2/10/13 11:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot -

Chael would disagree with you, sir. Phone Post
2/10/13 11:39 PM
JetSetter

He just saved me $55. He all but said he has no chance to win but that he will make it entertaining until he gets KTFO.

Looking forward to Chael becoming a commentator full time. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.