UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva nominated for GOAT athlete on ESPN

2/10/13 7:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RicePicker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ EARNHARDT BEING ON THIS LIST. what a fucking joke. he drives a fucking car for god sake Phone Post
2/10/13 7:11 PM
hogh20
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Root12 -  Forgot about Slater... him and Karelin should be 1 & 2 Phone Post

I agree, Karelen number 1. 13 years without a loss. That loss was for the Gold and went to OT. Amazing feat. In fact, if I remember correctly, he didn't even have a point scored on him for those 13 years?
2/10/13 7:16 PM
Metafour

HULC - Silva isn't even the best MMA fighter, let alone the greatest athlete. I don't think Ali is the greatest boxer either. It's a very strange list.
I agree about the Ali comment. They should have used Sugar Ray Robinson to represent boxing. Phone Post
2/10/13 7:19 PM
RyanBaderGOAT

Goodb job Andy. Proud of you buddy! Phone Post
2/10/13 7:20 PM
TheArmenianGuy

RobinVanRooney -
Andersons_Chin - If he is the only fighter mentioned in an intra-sport GOAT discussion, is it safe to say hes MMA's GOAT?

Well isn't that obvious lol ?

He's the greatest by a country mile.
It only means casual fans who barely watch MMA will only know Anderson Silva. Truth be told under that criteria they should've have chosen GSP. He has name is more popular.

The actual GOAT of MMA is Fedor. But he doesn't have the recognition amongst people who don't watch MMA. Phone Post
2/10/13 7:23 PM
TheArmenianGuy

What they should have done was had a poll for each sport and let the real fans have chosen the goat in each individual poll.

Then they should have brought all the winners into one poll and let the open public decide. Phone Post
2/10/13 7:34 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robinson is an absolutely terrible baseball pick. What the hell were they thinking?

Mays is better, but Ruth would have been better still. 5 years as one the best pitchers in baseball (he led the league in ERA, Shutouts, Games Started, and did not allow a single HR in 1916), then he hits 4 more Home Runs in a single season than any other TEAM'S combined total. Who's done anything like that?

All while spending every single night smoking cigars, drinking bathtub gin, and whoring until dawn. Couldn't have abused his natural gifts more if he tried, and still was that good.

2/10/13 7:38 PM
RickStorm
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Voted

2/10/13 7:43 PM
hagisan
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 -
Root12 -  Forgot about Slater... him and Karelin should be 1 & 2 Phone Post

I agree, Karelen number 1. 13 years without a loss. That loss was for the Gold and went to OT. Amazing feat. In fact, if I remember correctly, he didn't even have a point scored on him for those 13 years?
I think solo sports wins mean more because there is nobody else to pick up the slack. Especially something so physical like wrestling. Also, in these sports the medium changes all the time. Each wrestling opponent is different and the ocean changes all the time. I still would vote for Slater but I wouldnt argue against Karelin too much. Both have amazing accomplishments. Phone Post
2/10/13 7:53 PM
Dos Huevos Gigante
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I voted for Bo, because Jim Thorpe wasn't on there.
2/10/13 7:56 PM
Vincanni
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dos Huevos Gigante - I voted for Bo, because Jim Thorpe wasn't on there.

Hard to judge athletes of yester year to modern day athletes, but Jim Thorpe is easily my top pick of any athlete before my time. This list is terrible.
2/10/13 8:15 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

xNate -
OftheWay - I voted for him although he has no realistic chances of winning it all. He should beat Phelps though.
We need to get Brazil in on this. Like, all of it. Phone Post
They'll vote for Pele, he's a God to them.

I voted Silva. Phone Post
2/10/13 8:18 PM
Neil Funk

Tony Hawk LOL

Anderson is a better athlete than Tony Hawk or Dale Earnhardt, easy.
2/10/13 8:26 PM
Entreri

Lance should have been in it.

I voted for Gretzky, but Jordan or Ali will win it.
2/10/13 8:43 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Just voted for Jordan Phone Post
2/10/13 8:48 PM
Vote me down

I think Jordan was already voted The Greatest Athlete Ever before.... I'm sure he wins again him or ALI

2/10/13 8:55 PM
Mushroom Slap
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Earnhart
2/10/13 9:01 PM
Bucephalus

Gretzky?

I think people are confusing success at a sport with athleticism.
2/10/13 9:02 PM
sparkuri

Jordan Phone Post
2/10/13 9:08 PM
Kinkle

Mushroom Slap - LOL @ Earnhart

This.

LOL at a guy being the best at driving when he died in a fucking CAR CRASH. I would think the best driver would be a person who didn't die DRIVING.
2/10/13 9:11 PM
Mushroom Slap
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus - Gretzky?

While i sort of agree with you, you HAVE to have him on the list of GOATs in the sports world. He has records that will never ever be broken. Dude was the best ever by miles.
2/10/13 9:28 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has no chance at all. No one would ever honestly pick Silva over Jordan. Phone Post
2/10/13 9:32 PM
sadisticsoldier
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mushroom Slap - 
Bucephalus - Gretzky?

While i sort of agree with you, you HAVE to have him on the list of GOATs in the sports world. He has records that will never ever be broken. Dude was the best ever by miles.

I absolutely don't agree with him, obviously. It isn't for greatest raw athleticism. It is for greatest athlete. If you deny hockey is an athletic sport, you are a fool. So obviously an athlete in that sport who is above equal to such an extent should be given respect in this category. If you are talking pure athleticism I doubt Jordan is even top 10 all time NBA. Probably not close. Should Jordan not be recognized? Of course he should.
2/10/13 9:38 PM
Arzn1ck
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just make them all fight for it. Phone Post
2/10/13 9:40 PM
Skip2MyLou
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GnP Sonnen -
fitch n prey - How is woods an athlete
I know his one of the best golfers ever but athlete I doubt Phone Post
Dale e jr also, he drives a car Phone Post
Have you guys tried playing or performing in either sport? Golf is probably one of the hardest sports to be consistently successful in.
And driving/racing, you have no idea how hot and sweaty it is in one of those cars. Since everyone knows how to drive, you can imagine its pretty damn difficult to control your car going 160-180mph Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.