UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dragon's Dogma

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/10/13 9:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shanks
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Jebus this game

Lvl 20 party and been fighting a dragon for 2 and a half hours. Was fighting an armored cyclops, then got ambushed by the dragon halfway thru the battle. Finished off the cyclops and whittling the dragon down now.

Most fun Ive had in a long time gaming. Phone Post
2/10/13 10:52 PM
CharlesLewis
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The demo was fun, I've been planning to get it when and if I finish Witcher 2.

2/11/13 3:40 PM
Shanks
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It took me 4 hours to beat the dragon. Halfway thru another armored cyclops and 15 goblins decided to join in. That made it interesting, but my party perservered.

This game is just exceptional.
2/11/13 5:32 PM
CharlesLewis
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The combat seemed kind of Arcadeish to me, sort of simple button mashing... was that just the demo? Does it get more complex later?

That's my one real complaint about Witcher2, all I end up doing is rolling and swording everything i meet.

2/11/13 7:00 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sell me on this and I'll buy it tonight... Phone Post
2/11/13 11:22 PM
Shanks

The combat is what you'd expect from this gen in what passes for rpgs. Button mashy but I've found a certain rhythm to the combat that I enjoy.

As far as selling the game, the thing I really dig is how unforgiving it is. One save, travelling at night is a bitch, and dragons feel like the epic enemies they should be. Fun stuff so far. Got it for 15 used so Id say it was a worthwhile investment. There's this whole pawn system where you can loan out your nocs online and they come back with gear and xp. Not mindblowing innovation but its an additional sizzle on the game. Phone Post
2/12/13 12:24 AM
Keep if professional
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I can say about the ending of this game... Wtf is wrong with japanese people?

And I want to replay it to see if I can strangle the Duke's wife. Bitch deserves it after trying to bang me then ratting me out to the duke.
2/12/13 9:41 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you snag one of the gamefly copies? This fucking game still sells for 40+ used, no clue why, i'd kill a baby to find it at 15.

2/12/13 9:43 PM
Zero G01
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was one of my top games from last year. So much cool stuff in it that let me ignore the things it didn't do as well. Phone Post
2/12/13 9:56 PM
Shanks

Harlow's Rhesus -

Did you snag one of the gamefly copies? This fucking game still sells for 40+ used, no clue why, i'd kill a baby to find it at 15.

It was at a local game reseller in Austin. Maybe a pricing error?

Yay for my deal! Phone Post
2/12/13 11:23 PM
CharlesLewis

I don't mind paying 40 for a game if it lasts as long as Dark Souls or Witcher. It's a good deal.

2/17/13 4:42 PM
cleophus
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been thinking about getting this game but I'll probably wait a few months for the Dark Arisen expansion to come out. Rather buy it all on one disk for $40 than pay $40 now and another 15 in a month and a half.
2/18/13 9:28 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cleophus - been thinking about getting this game but I'll probably wait a few months for the Dark Arisen expansion to come out. Rather buy it all on one disk for $40 than pay $40 now and another 15 in a month and a half.

Last i had read you don't even have this option, it is 40 now and 40 later, there is no stand alone for the expansion but they are giving existing players free swag in game to try and make up for it :/ Apparently the original didn't have the coding required for the xpac so it had to be altered. This was a week ago at most, im too lazy at the moment to check if thats still true.

Needless to say,  I too am waiting!

2/18/13 4:13 PM
cleophus
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harlow's Rhesus - 
cleophus - been thinking about getting this game but I'll probably wait a few months for the Dark Arisen expansion to come out. Rather buy it all on one disk for $40 than pay $40 now and another 15 in a month and a half.

Last i had read you don't even have this option, it is 40 now and 40 later, there is no stand alone for the expansion but they are giving existing players free swag in game to try and make up for it :/ Apparently the original didn't have the coding required for the xpac so it had to be altered. This was a week ago at most, im too lazy at the moment to check if thats still true.

Needless to say,  I too am waiting!

This is the reason I hate Capcom. They always pull this shit. I'm not even sure I want to get the game anymore because 6 months later Dragon's Dogma Ultimate Edition 4 will come out.
2/18/13 11:08 PM
Harlow's Rhesus

Can't help but agree, i really love some Capcom series but this generation they've really shown their ass. Excessive minor DLC bullshit, releasing eight version in a year of a their flagship arcade fighters and now this. 

They're lucky i had an awesome drug ridden obsession with Dead Rising and will forgive them anything...

3/4/13 8:03 PM
CharlesLewis

Finally got on board and am 2 days in... great game I am hooked for sure. Maybe not quite Dark Souls level but better than Witcher 2.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.