UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP v. Nick Diaz

2/11/13 8:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheArmenianGuy - 
rrg1 -
TheArmenianGuy -  GSP has unfortunately lost his dynamic edge. He is no longer a dangerous fighter. The only threat he poses is putting you on your back and GnPing you to a decision. Once somebody negates his strength and wrestling in that weight class he will start to look really bad.

It's sad how predictable he as become. Sucks when an amazing talent takes this route. Fear is a hell of a thing. Phone Post

Yep. So predictable to beat yet nobody can do it.

What does that say about the rest of the fighters? Either they're not very good at game plans ORRR GSP is simply one of the greatest fighters ever.

Humor me; Post GSP's record vs Diaz's and let me know who Nick has fought and beaten that is anywhere near the caliber of fighter GSP is. Please, I'm dying to know who it is that he's beaten that gives any of you morons the belief that he will win this.

Keep toking away because this just gets better and better lol.
I don't smoke weed and i'm not arguing about either fighters record. I'm just stating the guy is no longer a dynamic fighter who poses multiple threats. The guy is a monster in terms of size for his weight class. That is why nobody can stop him. Like I said. Once his strength and wrestling is negated he will be in big trouble.

Show some respect when you respond to one of my comments or ill set up a date between you and the 5 brothers. (You seem slow. So just in case you didn't get it you gimp I'm implying that I will slap the shit out of you) Phone Post

Wow, did you just threaten another member with physical violence?

Are we allowed to do that here?

2/11/13 11:28 AM
jason9107
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aka_rtotheoh -  I like nick more and more but his fans are complete fucks Phone Post

Yeah, well 'complete fucks' may be a little harsh but its hard to miss the animosity in some of these posts. lol

Anyway, the bottom line, is that Georges is the champion for a reason. Anyone, fan or fighter can claim whatever they want, but until someone has an answer for this complete MMA package he will remain the best all around welterweight...
2/11/13 12:16 PM
MountainMedic
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a hard fight for me to call. I am a diaz fanboy, so take it for what its worth. I think gsp is likely better in everything but cardio & heart. Cardio & heart can be the difference in this one.

Gsp is afraid to lose & he knows nick is dangerous. I think he will use the condit game plan with the addition of his amazing shot to put nick on his back. Nick needs to be working on his sweeps & transitions. Staying on his back & waiting for a sub opening up is a recipe for T-Mobile or cut stoppage.

I think if nick gets him in a corner he can rough him up & break his will.

Either way I just want this fight over with so we can all get on with our lives, lol. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:11 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - 
TheArmenianGuy - 
rrg1 -
TheArmenianGuy -  GSP has unfortunately lost his dynamic edge. He is no longer a dangerous fighter. The only threat he poses is putting you on your back and GnPing you to a decision. Once somebody negates his strength and wrestling in that weight class he will start to look really bad.

It's sad how predictable he as become. Sucks when an amazing talent takes this route. Fear is a hell of a thing. Phone Post

Yep. So predictable to beat yet nobody can do it.

What does that say about the rest of the fighters? Either they're not very good at game plans ORRR GSP is simply one of the greatest fighters ever.

Humor me; Post GSP's record vs Diaz's and let me know who Nick has fought and beaten that is anywhere near the caliber of fighter GSP is. Please, I'm dying to know who it is that he's beaten that gives any of you morons the belief that he will win this.

Keep toking away because this just gets better and better lol.
I don't smoke weed and i'm not arguing about either fighters record. I'm just stating the guy is no longer a dynamic fighter who poses multiple threats. The guy is a monster in terms of size for his weight class. That is why nobody can stop him. Like I said. Once his strength and wrestling is negated he will be in big trouble.

Show some respect when you respond to one of my comments or ill set up a date between you and the 5 brothers. (You seem slow. So just in case you didn't get it you gimp I'm implying that I will slap the shit out of you) Phone Post

Wow, did you just threaten another member with physical violence?

Are we allowed to do that here?

the armenian guy is a hot headed douchebag. No one likes him. He is also a noob.
2/11/13 11:13 PM
Joe_Drogan420

I found the armenian guy's comment hilarious and insightful.
And I like him.
So boom, you're wrong.

BANG BANG
2/11/13 11:21 PM
Ansari
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32Hunter - if Condit was afraid of GSP's standup he would have ran like he did vs Diaz, Condit sure thinks Diaz is the more dangerous fighter.

On more than one occasion, Condit tried to circle and evade when GSP moved forward. GSP used his superior footwork to stay in front of Condit and keep his back against the cage, something Nick had a very hard time doing, and it arguably lost him the fight.

Diaz has better punching combinations than GSP but what good are they if you can't keep your opponent in front of you?

2/11/13 11:33 PM
Letibleu
1485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ansari - 
32Hunter - if Condit was afraid of GSP's standup he would have ran like he did vs Diaz, Condit sure thinks Diaz is the more dangerous fighter.

On more than one occasion, Condit tried to circle and evade when GSP moved forward. GSP used his superior footwork to stay in front of Condit and keep his back against the cage, something Nick had a very hard time doing, and it arguably lost him the fight.

Diaz has better punching combinations than GSP but what good are they if you can't keep your opponent in front of you?

:)

2/11/13 11:53 PM
Entreri

GSP is superior in every aspect except pure BJJ.

Diaz will make it a good fight, he can take a lot of punishment.
2/12/13 1:47 PM
TheArmenianGuy

Entreri - GSP is superior in every aspect except pure BJJ.

Diaz will make it a good fight, he can take a lot of punishment.
GSP is not superior in striking, come on. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:12 PM
supremexb

How is diaz the superior grappler? I guess wrestling isnt grappling?

On the Feet:
-Nick Diaz is the superior striker.
-On the flip side GSP is great at jabbing and getting out the pocket.
Winner:
GSP by Jab/Kackson game plan

On the ground:
-Nick Diaz is the superior grappler and BJJ artist. Can possibly pull off a submission off his back but obviously is much more dangerous from the top.
-on the flip side GSPs wrestling is unparalleled and his top game is suffocating.
Winner:
GSP by wrestle humping with a small chance that nick submits him.

There are more places a fight can go (in the clinch etc. but in this fight there won't be much of that so I won't even bother although if it stayed in the clinch I think Diaz would take it.)

Sad truth: Nick Diaz is naturally more talented than GSP but GSP is way too big and he's a wrestling bore rest. So when you break it down there's just no chance for my boy Nick. Well not much of a chance anyway.

Only way Diaz wins this? Submission.

Sincerely,
TheArmenianGuy
2/12/13 2:15 PM
supremexb

alot of times when fans analyze people's skill on this board they neglect speed/quickness. GSP is much faster than Diaz in striking and footwork which makes his striking more effective plus he has very tight defense.
2/12/13 3:06 PM
Mark Bocek
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see this fight being too different from GSP vs Condit... Phone Post
2/12/13 3:18 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Bocek -  I don't see this fight being too different from GSP vs Condit... Phone Post

Wise words.  Minus the head kick though!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.