UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Prime Wand vs Prime Mahoef under Pride rules...

2/11/13 7:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who would win this ultra violent match up and how?
2/11/13 7:30 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoever lands 1st wins
2/11/13 7:44 AM
Larry Appleton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand more well rounded Phone Post
2/11/13 7:51 AM
Tilla

Manhoef is a MUCH better striker than Wand could ever be.

I think MM clips him like he did Karaev and ends his streak like Hunt did.

Wand is too wild for Melvin.
2/11/13 10:44 AM
triso
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that fight would have been fireworks
2/11/13 10:51 AM
hybridfc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manhoef is truly another level in his striling technique. But thats not to say that with those little gloves wand couldnt catch him, or even take him down. Phone Post
2/11/13 10:56 AM
UGCTT_Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends how Wand fought, if Wand fought like everyone would want him too he'd get knocked out. IF he fought smart then Wand, Manhoef has no ground game.
2/11/13 11:00 AM
Acidic

Depends all on Wanderlie

If Wandy gets wild his chances of losing increase but he has a higher chance of a quick KO

If Wandy plays it smart he goes for a TD and submits Manhoef

If Wandy wasnt to end it by tko or ko he patiently waits for a opening while letting Manhoef blitz till hes gassed. (the robbie Lawlor wAY)

Manhoef has only a small chance and thats to go for the kill from the start and hope to catch Wandy or Wandys ego in a battle.
2/11/13 11:18 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand
That is all. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:25 AM
ShawnTheBadger
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand would take him down and win via sub or gnp to TKO.

Even for Wand, standing with MM is outrageously risky.

Somebody said in another thread on MM, that (paraphrased) "any prelim card guy can probably submit MM, any Champion would probably be knocked out by MM." Or something to that effect.

2/11/13 11:46 AM
ShawnTheBadger
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger - Wand would take him down and win via sub or gnp to TKO.

Even for Wand, standing with MM is outrageously risky.

Somebody said in another thread on MM, that (paraphrased) "any prelim card guy can probably submit MM, any Champion would probably be knocked out by MM." Or something to that effect.

This guy thinks Pride Wand would take him down and submit him.

Lol. Fk. Phone Post

This guy is intimately familiar with Wand in Pride.

This guy also posted the same basic opinion as four (4) other folks in this thread also posted.

Let's see.....

"Wand more well rounded"

"But thats not to say that with those little gloves wand couldnt catch him, or even take him down"

"Depends how Wand fought, if Wand fought like everyone would want him too he'd get knocked out. IF he fought smart then Wand, Manhoef has no ground game"

"If Wandy plays it smart he goes for a TD and submits Manhoef"

Any other snide and bitchy commentary you'd like to add?

You thinking that Wandy is stupid and arrogant enough to stand is funny, and thinking Wand would win a striking match with MM is just downright ignorant.

2/11/13 11:47 AM
hubris
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fully roided out PRIDE Wand was scary, he would have taken Melvin down easily and started ground and pound
2/11/13 11:50 AM
ShawnTheBadger

hubris - Fully roided out PRIDE Wand was scary, he would have taken Melvin down easily and started ground and pound

Thank you Hubris.

GSP24....

Add another person, for a total of five (5) with the same basic opinion.

Jackass.
2/11/13 11:57 AM
Skeletor
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanderlei would probably fight him the way he fought Crocop (the first time) and Hunt and win by GnP. Melvin's a hell of a KO artist but since Wand managed to survive both of those fights without being knocked out I think the odds are in favour of Wand not getting caught unless he spent the entire fight on the feet with Manhoef. Wand in general didn't (and still doesn't) commit to many sub attempts so I think he ends with punches or stomps on the ground.
2/11/13 12:04 PM
ShawnTheBadger

GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -
hubris - Fully roided out PRIDE Wand was scary, he would have taken Melvin down easily and started ground and pound

Thank you Hubris.

GSP24....

Jackass.
Dude, you said Wanderlei would submit him.

Not the same as TKO.

Bitch, you crazy. Phone Post

Nice try. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit?

I said "Wand would take him down and win via sub or gnp to TKO."

Because Wandy is not a BB and MM is about a white-belt level?

Wand has three (3) subs, one by rnc, and two by opponents tapping to strikes (that's the "or gnp to TKO" part of my post you apparently missed).

My opinion is still essentially the same as five (5) other folks in this thread.

You may think I am crazy all you like child. The more you post the stupider you appear.
2/11/13 12:26 PM
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Wand was smart and went for takedowns he could win, standing I think Melvin is too explosive and has better technique, but both guys can get wild.  One thing is for sure, it would be an insane fight whilst it lasted.

2/11/13 12:34 PM
XcessiveZ

If Wand stands with him I think he gets put to sleep.To wild with his striking.If he goes in cautious I think he goes for the clinch takedown to sub/GnP. Phone Post
2/11/13 12:40 PM
ShawnTheBadger

GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -
GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -

Thank you Hubris.

GSP24....

Jackass.

Not the same as TKO.

Wand has three (3) subs, one by rnc, and two by opponents tapping to strikes (that's the "or gnp to TKO" part of my post you apparently missed).

My opinion is still essentially the same as five (5) other folks in this thread.

You may think I am crazy all you like child. The more you post the stupider you appear.
I'm not arguing the gnp TKO scenario.

I'm arguing that you think Wanderlei would go for a submission.

I'm assuming you didn't watch much of Wanderlei in Pride cause it is very likely he'd crack MM until he killed him or the ref stopped him.

Sorry for getting you going. I really find humor that someone thinks this fight could end up in a submission. It's a very off the wall, uneducated opinion. Phone Post

Wandy has one (1) win by rnc. Wandy is a BB.

I own pretty much every Pride on DVD. One through about 32 or so, inclusive and complete. I might be missing a few of the tournaments, but I have most of them. I could take a pic if you'd like to see them? I'll include a note from me to you, and me flipping you the bird. Sound good?

I find it humorous that you just keep on trying to discredit me. My "very off the wall, uneducated opinion" is now shared by SIX (6) other folks in this very thread.

I think you are are an arrogant "05'er" who thought he would clown on the "lowly 13'er" to make himself appear smart, and now you cannot figure out how to wiggle out of looking like a douche.

Man up and just admit it, you wanted to pick on a newb. You failed miserably, no big deal. I won't hold it against you.
2/11/13 12:55 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand by stomps/kicks. They exchange for a minute or so in a wild first round, both landing shots, before Melvin clips Wand and his legs give out, but he's up instantly into a clinch situation after Melvin rushes in. Wand starts landing knees in the clinch and wobbles Melvin with one, landing a big right hook off the break which then drops Melvin. He throws Melvin's legs aside while instantaneously throwing a brutal soccer kick. Stomps and more soccer kicks follow before Yuji mercilessly pulls Wanderlei off.
2/11/13 1:11 PM
ranier wolfcastle
997 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wand would take him down where he is ineffective, and win

2/11/13 1:24 PM
ShawnTheBadger

GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -
GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -
GSP24 - 
ShawnTheBadger -

Thank you Hubris.

GSP24....

Jackass.

Not the same as TKO.

I'm not arguing the gnp TKO scenario.

I'm arguing that you think Wanderlei would go for a submission.

I'm assuming you didn't watch much of Wanderlei in Pride cause it is very likely he'd crack MM until he killed him or the ref stopped him.

Sorry for getting you going. I really find humor that someone thinks this fight could end up in a submission. It's a very off the wall, uneducated opinion. Phone Post

Wandy has one (1) win by rnc. Wandy is a BB.

I own pretty much every Pride on DVD. One through about 32 or so, inclusive and complete. I might be missing a few of the tournaments, but I have most of them. I could take a pic if you'd like to see them? I'll include a note from me to you, and me flipping you the bird. Sound good?

I find it humorous that you just keep on trying to discredit me. My "very off the wall, uneducated opinion" is now shared by SIX (6) other folks in this very thread.

I think you are are an arrogant "05'er" who thought he would clown on the "lowly 13'er" to make himself appear smart, and now you cannot figure out how to wiggle out of looking like a douche.

Man up and just admit it, you wanted to pick on a newb. You failed miserably, no big deal. I won't hold it against you.
I'm not picking on you. And 6 people don't think Pride Wanderlei would win this fight by submission. Go watch your DVD's again. Phone Post

You're not singling me out or picking on me, huh? If you say so my friend.

1) "Wand more well rounded"

2) "But thats not to say that with those little gloves wand couldnt catch him, or even take him down"

3) "Depends how Wand fought, if Wand fought like everyone would want him too he'd get knocked out. IF he fought smart then Wand, Manhoef has no ground game"

4) "If Wandy plays it smart he goes for a TD and submits Manhoef"

5) "Fully roided out PRIDE Wand was scary, he would have taken Melvin down easily and started ground and pound"

6) "Wanderlei would probably fight him the way he fought Crocop (the first time) and Hunt and win by GnP."

VS.

"Wand would take him down and win via sub or gnp to TKO."

You are really trying to argue that I am "off the wall and ignorant"? You're sticking with that story?

Wand is a black belt in BJJ.

I suppose I could watch Wand beat Schrijber via RNC in the first round of the PRIDE GRAND PRIX 2000. I've got that DVD right here. Won't take a moment to cue it up and watch Bob tap to that SUBMISSION.

I guess I am guilty as charged, just ignant and farther Off The Wall than Mikey Jackson.

It's been fun discussing it though.
2/11/13 4:50 PM
Tilla

I could just imagine the crowd in Japan screaming after the first exchange!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.