UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> MY GOD THIS POPE RESIGNATION!

2/11/13 7:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mofomike
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pope Benedict XVI cites age a factor in decision to resign

Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict XVI has announced his decision to resign from office, the first pontiff to do so in nearly six hundred years. Source: AP

POPE Benedict XVI has announced he will resign on February 28 because his age prevented him from carrying out his duties, an unprecedented move in the modern history of the Catholic Church.

"After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry," the 85-year-old Pontiff told a meeting of cardinals.

"In order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me," he said.

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is," he said.

Pope Benedict had hinted in a book of interviews in 2010 that he might resign if he felt he was no longer able to carry out his duties.

The 85-year-old became Pope Benedict XVI in April 2005 following the death of Pope John Paul II.

He is the first Pope in nearly 600 years to resign from office.

The last Pope to resign was Pope Gregory XII, who stepped down in 1415 in a deal to end the Great Western Schism among competing papal claimants.

Benedict called his choice "a decision of great importance for the life of the church."

The move sets the stage for the Vatican to hold a conclave to elect a new pope by mid-March, since the traditional mourning time that would follow the death of a pope doesn't have to be observed.

There are several papal contenders in the wings, but no obvious front-runner as was the case when Benedict was elected pontiff in 2005 after the death of Pope John Paul II.

A spokesman for Chancellor Angela Merkel said the German-born Pope deserved "respect" and "gratitude" for his nearly eight years as pontiff after he announced he was to step down.

"The federal government has the greatest possible respect for the Holy Father, for his accomplishments, for his life-long work for the Catholic Church," said Steffen Seibert, adding he deserved also "gratitude".

2/11/13 11:38 AM
FaceToFace
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does this mean it begins?

"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop]. Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations: and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible judge will judge his people. The End."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

2/11/13 11:58 AM
FaceToFace
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson

Petrus Romanus?

2/11/13 3:01 PM
thedogofdogs
1016 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very interesting to see how this....op vu

2/11/13 3:02 PM
thedogofdogs
1016 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goes*

2/11/13 3:06 PM
Redneck
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Pope to resign since 1415, maybe he chose to step down rather than die mysteriously in his sleep like one of his recent predecessors.

Popes are supposed to die in office, citing age as the problem is a complete fabrication.

Is he helping to make Malachi's prophecy come true?

2/12/13 10:50 AM
WillyMaunawili
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

That's some crazy news
2/12/13 5:10 PM
othree
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He went out of his way to go against the grain, the very long established traditions of the church...going to be quite interdasting to see how this plays out.

2/12/13 7:04 PM
Redneck
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 7:04 PM

Malachy's prophecy has got me intrigued.

It's been obvious in the past, that the Vatican try to make the prophecy fullfill itself, they did it by manipulating the death date of Pope John, so that he officially died on an eclipse, and they've done it by making the Popes choose the name that Malachy had prophecised for them.

He said that the next Pope would be known as "Peter of Rome", and some interpretations also say that Malachy says this Pope will be black.

Oddly enough, one of the front runners for the new Popehood is an African Cardinal named Peter Turkson.

If Turkson takes the Papal throne, that will be some freaky shit indeed.

2/12/13 7:06 PM
othree
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Turkson takes the throne, I'll figuratively lose my shit. Cray cray stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.