UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The most courageous effort EVER in clear defeat!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2/11/13 10:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/11/13 10:34 AM

UG what say you? What was the most courageous effort EVER given in an MMA fight in defeat when the the outcome ultimately could not be disputed rationally using sound logic (via decision or KO or sub).

I'm voting for Hendo in the Nog 2 fight.

Outweighed again by about 40 LBs as he had been in Rings several times (when he won the Rings King of Kings open weight tourney) Hendo was in razor close 1st round with big Nog. He tagged Nog a few times and escaped several sub attempts while having a fair amount of time in top position in that round as well. Nog won round two clearly but he could not put Hendo away with a sub. He was so close but Hendo fought threw them. The PRIDe HW champion showed clear relief after the fight being bent over with his head down and punching the canvas.
2/11/13 10:36 AM
Guida4President
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzons last ditch efforts for subs against miller stands out in my mind most recently.

2/11/13 10:37 AM
manzuri
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guida4President -

Joe Lauzons last ditch efforts for subs against miller stands out in my mind most recently.

This Phone Post
2/11/13 10:38 AM
vegard
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/11/13 10:38 AM
Mike Bitono
2/11/13 10:42 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun against Hendo
Chael against Silva the first time
Nog against Fedor the first time Phone Post
2/11/13 10:42 AM
cruedi
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oleg vs Severn, either time.
2/11/13 10:45 AM
Lazer MMA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Shogun against Hendo

Not bad OTSS, the issue is too many thought it a draw (Shogun Hendo), not me though.

I don't like this because of the 17:1 T/E man (Sonnen)

Subbed by your third choice
2/11/13 10:51 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Shogun against Hendo

Not bad OTSS, the issue is too many thought it a draw (Shogun Hendo), not me though.

I don't like this because of the 17:1 T/E man (Sonnen)

Subbed by your third choice
Bringing my A-Game now.

Fabio Maldonado vs Glover Teixeira. Phone Post
2/11/13 10:54 AM
grrr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jan finney vs Cyborg.I think Jan was a last minute replacement, was getting her ass handed to her, Kim winslow refused to stop the fight for some reason or another,and she kept going till she couldnt any more.
2/11/13 10:56 AM
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS/Cain 2 ? he showed great heart, even though i think he knew that he couldnt win anymore
2/11/13 10:58 AM
eXtv
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enson Inoue in his fight against Igor.
2/11/13 10:58 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/11/13 10:58 AM

Fedor going for the hail mary leg lock attempt after getting beat on by a 300lb Bigfoot for 4 minutes 55 seconds

2/11/13 10:59 AM
eXtv
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakuraba vs Arona
2/11/13 11:03 AM
The Mammoth
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the best but i'll never forget the first true display of heart i saw in MMA was Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz. Ken getting the hell beaten out of him and he still stood with Tito, taking his beating like a man. Gurning at him and swinging hopelessly.

ausgepicht

Lazer MMA -
UG what say you? What was the most courageous effort EVER given in an MMA fight in defeat when the the outcome ultimately could not be disputed rationally using sound logic (via decision or KO or sub).

Outweighed again by about 40 LBs as he had been in Rings several times (when he won the Rings King of Kings open weight tourney) Hendo was in razor close 1st round with big Nog. He tagged Nog a few times and escaped several sub attempts while having a fair amount of time in top position in that round as well. Nog won round two clearly but he could not put Hendo away with a sub. He was so close but Hendo fought threw them. The PRIDe HW champion showed clear relief after the fight being bent over with his head down and punching the canvas.
Wasn't it against Fedor that he was pounding the canvas? Phone Post
The Mammoth
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also Hominick/Aldo.

2/11/13 11:06 AM
UGCTT_Blake
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv - Sakuraba vs Arona
. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:09 AM
aka_rtotheoh

jesus vs the cross Phone Post
2/11/13 11:13 AM
SecondBase
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakuraba v. Igor V
2/11/13 11:15 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 02/11/13 11:15 AM

TTT
MMARAIDER

manzuri -
Guida4President -

This Phone Post
That Phone Post
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garcia vs Huerta.

Garcia in as a late replacement, in a higher weight division than his natural one, against what at the time was a much more skilled opponent. Garcia grinning like the Cheshire Cat as Huerta beat the living crap out of him, all the while firing back with wild haymakers and reckless abandon.

Great fight.
Lazer MMA

ausgepicht - 
Lazer MMA -

Wasn't it against Fedor that he was pounding the canvas? Phone Post

He may have and in fact I think he did it in that fight too. Rest assured the data I supplied is correct, save the possibility that he pounded the canvas with his hanss open in the Hendo fight sir. It had been a long while, LOl.
2/11/13 11:16 AM
Neil Funk

it's gotta be Enson. and Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover.

2/11/13 11:24 AM
Mike Russell
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hominick against Aldo. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.