UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Energy gels. Tell me everything/anything

2/11/13 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ss_thai
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting to extend my long rides and runs off the bike (triathlon training) and I was hoping someone had some recommendations for energy gels to get me through. I've tried strawberry yoghurt torq gels - way to sweet, strawberry gu roctane - found the crash after was detrimental overall, the endura vanilla are the only ones I've tried that seem alright. Anyone have some experience with this? Phone Post
2/12/13 7:01 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 8:20 AM
Try a gel with no caffeine or stimulant. Your stomach will thank you. The high carb nature of gels will ensure a crash if you're sensitive to it. Honestly, I only use gels when I need to when in the midst of a session 3 hours or longer. I hate them.

On a side note, a friend of mine made a paste from chia seeds and water. That was pretty good, but I think you may need to prime your body with a non-processed food diet to get a benefit. Not sure though.
2/12/13 12:48 PM
Rusty Shackleford
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ones Vega makes seem alright. It's mostly date paste. Phone Post
2/22/13 8:12 PM
autotech
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honey stingers were recommended to me by my chiropractor . I have used them for a couple races and liked them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.