UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> All of WMMA rooting for Rousey

2/11/13 12:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rantuckjr
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Except Liz Carmouche of course.

Anything other than a win by Rousey would be devastating for WMMA. WMMA is getting a chance in the UFC because of Rousey and the fact that she generates interest due to her looks and her personality.

The general public isnt getting behind Liz Carmouche; thus the UFC isnt getting behind her. If she were to win their fight and be the new "face" of WMMA, the next time that title is contested will be on a free fuel event if they are lucky.

For all of the ladies that want to make money and hope of being in a big UFC PPV event in the future, their only hope is that Rousey wins and in a dominant fashion. That keeps the hype train going. That keeps WMMA as an option moving forward. That means that these women have a chance to shine on the biggest stage and get some of the recognition of their male counterparts.

If anyone here thinks a Liz Carmouche win would be a good thing please let me know why (rather than just a vote down for having a different opinion) it would help WMMA or if you just think it would be a good thing so it can get rid of WMMA.
2/11/13 12:17 PM
Elias Cepeda
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disagree. A great, competitive fight between two women on that stage would be great for mma and for wmma

2/11/13 12:18 PM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A win by Liz would see Dana have a meltdown on the level of Cain vs JDS 1.
2/11/13 12:28 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elias Cepeda - 

I disagree. A great, competitive fight between two women on that stage would be great for mma and for wmma

this. it doesnt matter who wins, as long as people watch it and enjoy the fight, then it will be a great thing for WMMA

2/11/13 12:33 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it does matter who wins..this whole thing was built or ronnie..if she dies, so does the division

2/11/13 1:13 PM
Rantuckjr
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Liz were champ right now, do you think WMMA would be the main event of a PPV? I do not.

If not for Rousey, there may not even be WMMA in the UFC.

I don't think Carmouche/Tate or Carmouche/Kaufman is selling anything or even something Dana White would care about promoting.
2/11/13 1:36 PM
Chupacabro
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC made a big mistake putting Carmouche in position to be the champion. Rhonda losing is bad. Rhonda losing to an unheard of journeyman fighter that is 2-2 in her last 4 with no wins over top fighters would be a disaster. There are marketable girls out there worthy of fighting Rousey in a headline PPV fight. Carmouche is not. Phone Post
2/11/13 1:44 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if the bell rings and Honda comes charging out sprains her ankle and colapses and taps when carmouche starts raining down punches. What do you think would happen to Dana?
2/11/13 1:46 PM
epic hero

I want to see Ronda lose because the shitstorm that would follow would be more entertaining then any WMMA fight
2/11/13 2:21 PM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not a fan of the gays, but if Carmouche wins I will become a Lizbo for life!

2/11/13 2:50 PM
da Vinci 81
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Liz wins there will be an immediate rematch. If she wins twice, well then they're fucked. Phone Post
2/11/13 3:04 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 
Elias Cepeda - 

this. it doesnt matter who wins, as long as people watch it and enjoy the fight, then it will be a great thing for WMMA

This. Can you imagine if they have a Griffin/Bonnar type war?

2/11/13 3:09 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Chupacabro -  The UFC made a big mistake putting Carmouche in position to be the champion. Rhonda losing is bad. Rhonda losing to an unheard of journeyman fighter that is 2-2 in her last 4 with no wins over top fighters would be a disaster. There are marketable girls out there worthy of fighting Rousey in a headline PPV fight. Carmouche is not. Phone Post

ronda aint losin...even if she did, she would get an automatic rematch...

2/11/13 4:56 PM
Rantuckjr

Herman Munster - 
Rantuckjr - If Liz were champ right now, do you think WMMA would be the main event of a PPV? I do not.

If not for Rousey, there may not even be WMMA in the UFC.

I don't think Carmouche/Tate or Carmouche/Kaufman is selling anything or even something Dana White would care about promoting.

Sorry last I checked Ronda's PPV numbers haven't been released.  We really don't know if Ronda herself can sell this shit.  Sure zuffa has its propaganda machine going full power behind her,  but until the numbers are out, it's all just hype.  If Ronda loses, and WMMA fails, than Dana White and zuffa are the complete and utter failures at all of this, and the manner in which they have attacked WMMA has clearly set themselves up to fail and that will be exposed. 

We don't need to see Rhonda's PPv #s to know there is a significant difference between her and Liz.

RR has much more appeal and mainstream recognition than Liz and there will be people tuning in out of curiosity if nothing else.

They gave her Liz as her first matchup so that she could get a W and continue the hype train.

My point is that if Liz screws that up by getting the win, she not only fucks it up for Dana and Co. but for every female fighter trying to make a name for themselves in the UFC. Liz as champion vs. Tate or Kaufman is not going to be main eventing a PPV. They'd be lucky to be on a PPV. So every one of those women should be rooting for Rhonda to decimate her by armbar in the 1st round.
2/11/13 5:16 PM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Liz plays Silverback to Rhonda's Kimbo Slice, it would be very bad.

If Liz beats Rhonda in a great competitive fight, we would get a great rematch and some time for Tate and other women to get the division rolling. Not plan A for the UFC, but they can work with that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.