UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mitten Type Gloves For Fighter Safety

5/1/13 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sux@bjj -  I have watched plenty of UFC events and an eye poke is pretty rate. Tate enough not to change equipment imo! Phone Post

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

It should be a rule not to have your fingers or thumbs going at your opponent's face.  Closed fists if you're striking or it's a point.

Easy.

5/1/13 2:49 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 
sux@bjj -  I have watched plenty of UFC events and an eye poke is pretty rate. Tate enough not to change equipment imo! Phone Post

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

It should be a rule not to have your fingers or thumbs going at your opponent's face.  Closed fists if you're striking or it's a point.

Easy.

lol...sorry, was posting from my phone which my hands are too big for!

the point i attempted to make was that as a long-time viewer of ufc events, an "eye poke" is something that i've seen...however it seems very rare. in other words, completely changing the sanctioned equipment (gloves in this case) is overkill, imo.

i don't disagree about the "punch with a closed fist" thing, however maybe that's something a ref should look out for...warn if done in excess, maybe take away a point if continues..?
5/1/13 4:09 PM
Bobby Lupo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro, 32.4% of fights have an eyepoke in them. Rohan's with me on this. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 12:40 PM
Bobby Lupo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Hughes came out against the mittens. Now I know we're on the right side if this Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 3:23 PM
Doc T
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oven mitts imo Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 1:05 AM
WoodenPupa
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Little force fields right over each eye.

Yeah?
5/6/13 1:11 AM
WoodenPupa
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FWIW, for some reason I don't recall a lot of eye pokes before the Zuffa era.
5/6/13 7:39 AM
Bobby Lupo

WoodenPupa - FWIW, for some reason I don't recall a lot of eye pokes before the Zuffa era.

Zuffa means eyepoke in Italian.

not really

5/6/13 7:50 AM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yellow cards.
5/6/13 11:39 AM
Bobby Lupo

BenBJJ - Yellow cards.

unless you put them over the eyes as a means of protection, they're not going to stop this epidemic

Rogan, speak on this

5/9/13 3:23 PM
lookoutawhale
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/9/13 3:34 PM
OSBtro11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Way to be a smart ass Kirik Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.