UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> MGInAction

2/11/13 10:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have finally broken. Someone posted another video the other day asking how to defend against a bicep frame. I went to MG and it let me watch it. I took the video directly into my game and used the bicep frame and pushing the tricep across.

Every time I watch anything from MG you know it's been tried an tested so I have confidence that it works. I'm giving in an buying an entire 12 months.

Goodbye normal jiu jitsu Phone Post
2/11/13 10:18 PM
JRockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You won't be sorry. If you really commit to learning and playing his game, you will be amazed at the results, and how much fun you're having. Phone Post
2/11/13 10:18 PM
BenBJJ
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Using code 'BenBJJ' will make the site work best.
2/11/13 10:24 PM
Rival School

JRockwell - You won't be sorry. If you really commit to learning and playing his game, you will be amazed at the results, and how much fun you're having. Phone Post
I want to hear more like this.

Did it give you a better overall game? Help with sweeps? Passing? Phone Post
2/11/13 10:25 PM
Rival School

BenBJJ - Using code 'BenBJJ' will make the site work best.
When I do the 1 year sign up can I still use a code? Phone Post
2/11/13 10:27 PM
BenBJJ
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think so. Its the only code that will give you access to all the hidden techniques.
2/11/13 10:36 PM
Rival School

BenBJJ - I think so. Its the only code that will give you access to all the hidden techniques.
Just for that I won't use your name haha Phone Post
2/11/13 11:23 PM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be remiss if I didn't let everyone know that I would greatly appreciate anyone using my promo code "sloth" for a free week on the site. :) if you end up signing up with my code, shoot me a PM and I'll do a free video review of one of your tournament matches/rolls. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:28 AM
amc6825
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think Marcelo has the most effective style of bjj regardless of body type or attributes. He does not teach techniques just to teach them, he only teaches stuff that he uses. Some people might not like that or get bored of it bc it's a lot of the same technique/concepts over and over on his website, but it really is all super effective. Anytime I've really drilled and focused on something he shows it always ends up as a main part of my game. Phone Post
2/12/13 9:21 AM
Stipe
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School -  I have finally broken. Someone posted another video the other day asking how to defend against a bicep frame. I went to MG and it let me watch it. I took the video directly into my game and used the bicep frame and pushing the tricep across.

Every time I watch anything from MG you know it's been tried an tested so I have confidence that it works. I'm giving in an buying an entire 12 months.

What video are you refferring to?
2/12/13 3:14 PM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - I have finally broken. Someone posted another video the other day asking how to defend against a bicep frame. I went to MG and it let me watch it. I took the video directly into my game and used the bicep frame and pushing the tricep across.

The thread with the bicep post vid was mine :-) glad it got you to join up :-) Phone Post
2/12/13 8:50 PM
Rival School

Stubbsy -
Rival School - I have finally broken. Someone posted another video the other day asking how to defend against a bicep frame. I went to MG and it let me watch it. I took the video directly into my game and used the bicep frame and pushing the tricep across.

The thread with the bicep post vid was mine :-) glad it got you to join up :-) Phone Post
That really did help me. I went right to the gym and just let guy pass and did one of the two defenses he showed and it worked literally 100%

I can't argue with results Phone Post
2/12/13 10:51 PM
BackAddict347x

Stubbsy - 

Could you share the link to the thread please kind sir?
2/13/13 6:23 AM
Rival School

BackAddict347x -
Stubbsy - 

Could you share the link to the thread please kind sir?
I bumped it for you.

Dealing with the bicep frame Phone Post
2/13/13 10:19 AM
BackAddict347x

JRockwell -  You won't be sorry. If you really commit to learning and playing his game, you will be amazed at the results, and how much fun you're having. Phone Post

Jrock was spot on with this. If you play alot of DLR, Spider, Cross Guard, etc. etc. the adjustment can be a bit difficult because he's very Butterfly and Seated Guard heavy (surprise, surprise), but provided you can adjust, or maybe even adopt what he shows into what your currently doing his teachings will instantly become some of your more higher percentage techniques. This is actually something that I like alot about MGinaction vs. alot of the other online training sites.
2/13/13 10:50 AM
Rival School

BackAddict347x -
JRockwell -  You won't be sorry. If you really commit to learning and playing his game, you will be amazed at the results, and how much fun you're having. Phone Post

Jrock was spot on with this. If you play alot of DLR, Spider, Cross Guard, etc. etc. the adjustment can be a bit difficult because he's very Butterfly and Seated Guard heavy (surprise, surprise), but provided you can adjust, or maybe even adopt what he shows into what your currently doing his teachings will instantly become some of your more higher percentage techniques. This is actually something that I like alot about MGinaction vs. alot of the other online training sites.
I am a cross guard guy if I'm starting attacks from closed guard and from there 80/20 on DLR/Spider. Now in my nogi game i play butterfly a lot because that's what Jean Jac is into and It progressed to 1 legged x and x guard. I'd like to start making my nogi game and gi game flow together better.
Next week I'm signing up for sure for 1 year Phone Post
2/13/13 10:22 PM
BackAddict347x

Yea you wont be sorry. There is so much footage to go through on there its amazing. One of the features I love the most (and just really learned my way around) is that the in action tab shows Marcelo hitting the moves real time, so for example if you were studying Frame Escapes, you could see clips of him doing that particular move during rolling real time. I was a fan boy before but now its magnified lol.
2/14/13 2:58 AM
athsportsnutrition
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATHLETE SPORTS NUTRITION, Owner

Definitely worth it IMO.

2/14/13 5:04 AM
JasonGV
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Marcelo play a lot of half guard?
2/14/13 6:40 AM
Bjjudo

JasonGV - Does Marcelo play a lot of half guard?
No Phone Post
2/14/13 6:56 AM
Rival School

Bjjudo -
No Phone Post
I was watching him the other day when he fought Rolles and he's waaaaay bigger than Marcelo and somehow Marcelo elevates him into 1 legged x guard. That was killing me Monday because I just don't know how he does it Phone Post
2/14/13 7:11 AM
JasonGV
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 
Bjjudo -
No Phone Post
I was watching him the other day when he fought Rolles and he's waaaaay bigger than Marcelo and somehow Marcelo elevates him into 1 legged x guard. That was killing me Monday because I just don't know how he does it Phone Post

He's got chunky legs for a hobbit.
2/14/13 8:22 AM
Rival School

JasonGV -
Rival School - 
Bjjudo -
No Phone Post

He's got chunky legs for a hobbit.
True Phone Post
2/14/13 8:25 AM
Rival School

But maybe that's why that style works for me. I play De La Riva for no other reason than its fun and flashy. I rode bmx for 10 years so style appeal is stuck in my head. But when it comes to efficiency everything I play like Marcelo works the best.

I compete at 141 and my legs are super sticky for a 5 11 guy. Phone Post
2/14/13 8:44 AM
BackAddict347x

Rival School -  But maybe that's why that style works for me. I play De La Riva for no other reason than its fun and flashy. I rode bmx for 10 years so style appeal is stuck in my head. But when it comes to efficiency everything I play like Marcelo works the best.

I compete at 141 and my legs are super sticky for a 5 11 guy. Phone Post

Yea, I was the same, played a ton of Spider, De La Riva, Reverse De La Riva, De La Spider, all that stuff. I decided for a month to abandon some of the things that I ordinarily would do, and JUST worked on the stuff that Marcelo did (entry and technique). Suffice to say i've been taking more and more things out of my game now and replacing them with the things that Marcelo does because its alot easier, and doesnt compromise my positioning if I make a mistake. A good example of this stuff being used by one of the worlds best today is Leandro Lo. He pretty much uses the De La Spider/Spider Guard as a way to get under the guy and use Marcelo's game (1 Leg X, Ankle Pick, Single Leg, etc. etc.), and its been working RIDICULOUSLY effective for him. Seeing that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me, and I went back into full on Super Saiyan Fanboy mode.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.