UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mirzaev talks Bellator, UFC, & Russian prison

2/11/13 10:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Russian prisons have a bad reputation, were you able to stay in shape while you were there and if so, how?

No, I do not do anything in there. This was not a focus at that time.

How did your time in prison affect you?

I enjoy the ability to have freedom. I will live my life to be what I can.

When / where are you planning on fighting next?

Combat Sambo in Russia. For MMA, I will wait and see with my manager

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Rustan Khabilov have enjoyed success in the U.S. recently. Are you confident that, given the opportunity, you could have a similar impact?

I am very sure I can do well. I want to fight anywhere and everywhere to show my skills. For now one step at a time.

read entire article...

2/11/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I feel like a beta just by reading that, what a boss Phone Post
2/11/13 10:53 PM
Antnee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/11/3966450/rasul-mirzaev-talks-bellator-ufc-combat-sambo-russian-prison-mma
2/12/13 12:57 AM
PhuketTopTeam
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 1:03 AM
kwnel2178 - I hope Bellator doesn't sign him after they refused to let a guy fight that actuallly served a sentence and showed a lot more remorse than Mirzaev. Mirzaev not only beat a guy to death that was half his size, but he had showed no remorse, and didn't serve any time. I am disappointed with James Goyder for even giving this guy a pulpit to speak on.

thats completely un-true 

he struck a man (mirzaev is 61kg so how is the guy half his size?) ONCE who fell hitting the curb which 4 days later was the cause of him passing away

Mirzaev has been depressed and very effected and shown alot of remorse.the man had made multiple advances on Rasul's female friend and had been told to go away. After he continued and made verbal threats he was struck one time.

I too have hit people who have been aggressive to me and even made advances on my gf beyond what i would could reasonable (causing her to be scared) i am only lucky these men didnt fall and hit a sharp object. 

Rasul never claimed to be innocent - he did strike someone one time, but this is not murder, this is not a beating and this has been proven to be a freak accident. 

didnt serve any time????

man for a short sentance you said so many things completely false.

2/12/13 5:03 AM
Gu31232
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwnel2178 - According to Cagepotato the other guy was jokingly trying to pick up a girl with a RC car and Mirzaev walked up and punched him, I didn't find any source that said anything about verbal threats.
Looks like you're gonna have to do some better searching... The story has been out there for a while Phone Post
2/12/13 7:19 AM
PhuketTopTeam
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

having served his time and trying to remain out of the light and get back to his passion

2/12/13 11:18 AM
"HURRICANE"

I think the interview with the Russian was a complete waste of time...He WILL NOT secure a license to get nowhere near a cage or ring in the US period... The End!
2/12/13 11:58 AM
yabadaba
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gu31232 - 
kwnel2178 - According to Cagepotato the other guy was jokingly trying to pick up a girl with a RC car and Mirzaev walked up and punched him, I didn't find any source that said anything about verbal threats.
Looks like you're gonna have to do some better searching... The story has been out there for a while Phone Post

I've seen both versions of events (in the first version I think Mirzaev smashed the RC car then punched Ivan Agafonov when he took offense). I could be wrong but is there not a video of the incident?

2/12/13 12:20 PM
ShawnTheBadger
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The kid was 24 or 25 years old and got in an altercation with a 19 year old, whom he struck once. One time.

I did nightclub security for nearly 3-decades. I've tussled with a couple folks.

"There but for the Grace of God (Karma, Fate, Dumb Luck) goes me."

Me and a whole bunch of folks on this forum.

Mirzaev kid did his time.
2/12/13 12:40 PM
touch
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's your video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujP8Z2pjMHs The best there is
2/12/13 1:16 PM
yabadaba
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Here's your video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujP8Z2pjMHs The best there is"

2/12/13 1:25 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies -  Damn I feel like a beta just by reading that, what a boss Phone Post

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.