UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg questions weight, but not steroids

2/11/13 11:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rousey also takes offense to Cyborg making demands after coming off a yearlong suspension for testing positive for anabolic steroids.

“This whole spiel about how ‘my doctor says it’s going to hurt my heart and my ability to have babies,’ well, you can find your own doctor to think whatever you want to,” Rousey said. “Regardless of that, where was all this concern about her heart and having babies in the future when she was shooting steroids up her (butt)? Anyone with half of a brain can see she’s using this to her advantage just because it happens to work for her right now.”

Rousey hopes Cyborg sticks in the UFC and takes what the champion once called “the only fight that really makes sense.” In Rousey’s perfect world, all of the best female fighters would be centralized in the UFC.

That hasn’t happened to this point, but the UFC did announce its second-ever women’s fight Monday. Rousey approved of the matchup between Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano, which will take place on “The Ultimate Fighter: Jones vs. Sonnen” finale April 13 in Las Vegas.

“Zingano’s undefeated and has been talking about how she wants to fight me but apparently wants to fight Miesha first,” Rousey said. “And Miesha has just been running her mouth in general and I like fighting her because I think she deserves a beating. I’ll be very interested to see who wants that fight. It’s very likely I’ll be fighting the winner of that match.”

read entire article...

2/11/13 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BuddyRevell
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“This whole spiel about how ‘my doctor says it’s going to hurt my heart and my ability to have babies,’ well, you can find your own doctor to think whatever you want to,” Rousey said. “Regardless of that, where was all this concern about her heart and having babies in the future when she was shooting steroids up her (butt)? Anyone with half of a brain can see she’s using this to her advantage just because it happens to work for her right now.”

Not a fan of Ronda's, but she has a point. What was Cyborg on again? Stanozolol right?

2/11/13 11:12 PM
hmb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat is by far the hottest girl in MMA. If she wins, instant superstar.
2/11/13 11:12 PM
MickColins
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its booo-sheeit. 10 pounds will effect her health that much, when she is carrying all that muscle around? Boosheeit.

2/11/13 11:14 PM
MT11

This is me caring Phone Post
2/11/13 11:17 PM
hmb

left

2/11/13 11:19 PM
mijo

I was watching Rhonda train on Fox, and she looks retarded as hell training. She's good, but someone is going to expose that striking and clumsiness. She is very beatable. Woman MMA fighters will only get better, and Rhonda will be the women's version of Tito Ortiz, before too long.
2/11/13 11:27 PM
HandyDarsh
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda can relax now that cyborg seems o be on her way out.
PHEW Phone Post
2/11/13 11:54 PM
stonepony

hmb - Cat is by far the hottest girl in MMA. If she wins, instant superstar.

http://fcfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cat_Zingano.jpeg

Eh... She's good looking yeah.
2/12/13 12:37 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:08 AM
bknumber1
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post
Eh? This isn't heavyweight. Her detractors are expecting her to go up a weight class and fight a known roid user.

Anyone with half a brain can see Cyborg doesn't want to give up the juice advantage she would have to in order to make 135. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:11 AM
DiSmAnTLeR

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post
No. She's standing there with the title. Meanwhile cyborg is trying to get released from her contract and refusing to meet the criteria for the match to happen. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:53 AM
RonFoster77

This is so stupid... people do relize that what cybrog was busted for was something that helped cut weight... I really hope Ronda loses so she can be humbled a bit. Cyborg would smash her.

This is like Jon Jones saying Bigfoot I will beat your ass but you have to drop to 205 or your scared.. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:05 AM
UnderTheGround

RonFoster77 -  This is so stupid... people do relize that what cybrog was busted for was something that helped cut weight... I really hope Ronda loses so she can be humbled a bit. Cyborg would smash her.

This is like Jon Jones saying Bigfoot I will beat your ass but you have to drop to 205 or your scared.. Phone Post

Yes.

Great analogy.

2/12/13 2:11 AM
stonepony

RonFoster77 -  This is so stupid... people do relize that what cybrog was busted for was something that helped cut weight... I really hope Ronda loses so she can be humbled a bit. Cyborg would smash her.

What's stupid is pretending the she-hulk with the man voice and the man-body and man-face and facial hair, was mutated by something other than male hormones.

Little Gina had Guyborg mounted and took dominant position a couple times. Guyborg powered out with roid muscle and nothing more. Ronda will win. But it's irrelevant, if the cheater can't put the syringe down long enough to make weight and pass a drug test.
2/12/13 3:36 AM
Standup29

RonFoster77 - This is so stupid... people do relize that what cybrog was busted for was something that helped cut weight... I really hope Ronda loses so she can be humbled a bit. Cyborg would smash her.

No friend. She was busted for taking a steroid that helps you maintain muscle mass and strength while cutting weight.

She didn't get busted for a diuretic. Winny can have a huge impact on strength. Not as much as other steroids but compared to what is allowable by the AC or not taking anything it's substantial. Especially when taken by a woman.

Don't let your dislike for RR blind your logic. She took steroids to have an advantage in her fights and training. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:25 AM
UGSlapshot

Standup29 -
RonFoster77 - This is so stupid... people do relize that what cybrog was busted for was something that helped cut weight... I really hope Ronda loses so she can be humbled a bit. Cyborg would smash her.

No friend. She was busted for taking a steroid that helps you maintain muscle mass and strength while cutting weight.

She didn't get busted for a diuretic. Winny can have a huge impact on strength. Not as much as other steroids but compared to what is allowable by the AC or not taking anything it's substantial. Especially when taken by a woman.

Don't let your dislike for RR blind your logic. She took steroids to have an advantage in her fights and training. Phone Post
Well, she would have to use it WILE cutting weight for it to help her cut. I don't think that's going to happen.

Its the top choice by woman athletes who don't mind cheating, she sure a hell used it to gain an advantage training not cutting.

Im not sure but she probably blows up like a balloon when she cycles off idk.

I'm over it just let her go, the ufc doesn't need her. Ronda would have beat the shit out of her anyway, I just wanted to see her do it lol. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:37 AM
BruceLeroysLowKick

Ummm no. It's more like Reem calling out Jon Jones but then saying Jones has to move to heavyweight to fight him. Phone Post
2/12/13 5:17 AM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmb - Cat is by far the hottest girl in MMA. If she wins, instant superstar.
Sarcastic or retarded? Phone Post
2/12/13 5:30 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey ran from 145 and UFC doesn't want Cyborg to destroy their poster girl like she did Carano. I have no respect for Rousey acting all cowardly. Phone Post
2/12/13 6:56 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Besides being annoying and cocky, Ronda is the embodiment of double standard in the MMA world.

When she was the #1 title contender for the 145 lb. division, she was claiming she wanted more fights because Cyborg was the biggest fight in her career. Now, other girls want some warm-up fights, and they are ducking her.

And, yes, she got the heart of a chicken: Ronda got a title shot in the 145 lb. division, Cyborg called her out on TV, and she didn't say a word.

When Cyborg was suspended, she started to call her out.

History repeats.

Cyborg said she couldn't make 135 lbs. Ronda called her out.
Cyborg was signed with the UFC, and, all of a sudden, she stopped talking about her. Now that Cyborg is being released, Ronda somehow goes vocal on Cyborg again.

Do I see a pattern here?

Marloes Coenen got it right: she is scared of Cyborg and she wants none of Marloes at 145 lbs.

Hope Liz Carmouche kicks her tail badly.
2/12/13 7:08 AM
RonFoster77

People get so wrapped up in her looks that they are igorning the game she is playing. Ronda competed at 154 in the Olympics, started her mma career at 145. When she thought she woukd have to face cyborg ( who has onoy compted at 145) she ran to 135. Ronda had some wieght she could cut because she wasnt walking around with 8 percent body fat. I dont condone steriods I just cant stand the bs game they are playing. This is starting to remind me of kimbo in the elite xc. I hope liz plays the spoiler and seth's her ass. War Liz!! Phone Post
2/12/13 7:26 AM
KingD87
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lorenzo Luciano -
hmb - Cat is by far the hottest girl in MMA. If she wins, instant superstar.
Not sure if serious Phone Post
I thought he was serious so I googled her... Gotta be trollin' Phone Post
2/12/13 7:39 AM
cleetdog101
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"when she thought"... I love the psychic ability on here. LOL
2/12/13 8:31 AM
FreakDaddy
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 9:10 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - 

Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post

So lets say Mike Ciesnolevicz is the 205 pound champ in the UFC and he gets called out by the former heavyweight champion who was just suspended for a year for using roids........R us saying that you would just jump like they asked and fight up up weight, just like that, for a cheater who has not even had a fight since there suspension???? I think (not know) you would feel differently and would be offended on some level.....The champ should not have to go up a weight, epecially for someone who was just busted for juice......I hardly doubt she is scared of Cyborg......I think Cyborg's reckless plays right into Rhonda's hands.........Judokas like people to be wild and off balance......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.