UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg questions weight, but not steroids

2/12/13 9:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

georgejonesjr - 
Nothing2 - What is with you kids? Do you all simply ignore facts because you don't like them and give each other atta boys no matter how ridiculous your statements? So she started heavy and then went down during her Judo career eh?

Let's look at Ronda's career:
2008 Olympics
Bronze 154lbs.

2007 World Championships
Silver 154lbs.

2007 Pan American Games
Gold 154lbs
Pan American Judo Championships
2006 Silver 138lbs
2005 Gold 138lbs
2004 Gold 138lbs.

Wow that contradicts what you to just said was fact eh? Gee how much did she weigh going into MMA?

2010 Tuff N Uff 145lbs
March 27, 2011 KOTC 145lbs
June 17, 2011 KOTC 150lbs.

She never reached 135lbs until she fought Tate.
So there's no reason for her not to fight at her normal weight between 145 and 154lbs.

You kids are too easy.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

You're right, she did much better at 154 than at 139 in judo - mainly because its a less competitive weight division.

But that's with weigh-ins an hour before competing. I suspect she'd agree to fight Cyborg at 140 (or even 145) if they had to weigh in one hour before they fought. I suspect Cyborg would refuse those conditions.

Its becoming pretty clear that Cyborg simply is a lot bigger than Rousey - its why she has to use PED's even to make 145, let alone 135, which Rousey makes easily. And with that much weight difference, shouldn't Cyborg be looking to fight bigger women, instead of Rousey?

If Cyborg was fighting at 155, she wouldn't have to cheat to make weight, problem solved.

If they were the same size, then Cyborg would make 135 as easily as Rousey does. And that just doesn't seem to be the case.

I have to admit, I'd be curious to see what happened if they fought at 145, with a weigh in an hour before they fought. I suspect Cyborg would be too drained to make it past the first round, while Rousey would be fine (she walks around at that weight).

Voted up.
2/12/13 9:29 PM
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Height in Feet&Inches  Small Frame  Medium Frame  Large Frame
5'6"                                        120-133          130-144            140-159
5'7"                                        123-136          133-147            143-163
5'8"                                        126-139          136-150            146-167
5'9"                                        129-142          139-153            149-171

ideal  weight  for women

2/12/13 9:41 PM
Bentleysuper8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post

Well I don't think anyone will argue that you do indeed only have half a brain.
2/13/13 6:42 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Run Ronda! Run!!! Phone Post
2/13/13 6:51 PM
Submissable
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Run Ronda! Run!!! Phone Post

Where is she running Mike? She is still in the UFC. Cyborg asked for a release. They both have their excuses but the fact of the matter is Cyborg can have the fight if she makes 135. You know, the only weight class in the UFC for WMMA. I guess she doesnt want it that bad. 

2/13/13 7:04 PM
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the way to the bank, and with the belt...
2/13/13 7:55 PM
subwrassler
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually she's just chillin out, collecting checks, and breaking arms.
oh, and enjoying being a champ in the world's biggest fighting promotion.

if the cyborg wants to take that away from her she has alot of work to do. she could've been sitting pretty too..oh, well, uh.. anyway, you know what i mean..if she didn't decide to cheat.

run cyborg run those unecessary muscles off so you can make weight
2/13/13 8:17 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

This Cyborg makes 135 without a problem:

The "new and improved" Cyborg would struggle:

She can get off the horsemeat, stop the strength training and give up some functional mass, and make 135 if she wanted to. Or.....she could fight some freak show fights against soft 145ers in the minor leagues. The choice is hers.

2/13/13 8:19 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cyborg would absolutely maul Ronda, but the onus is on her to get to 135.

2/13/13 8:58 PM
JerodR

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

This Cyborg makes 135 without a problem:

The "new and improved" Cyborg would struggle:

She can get off the horsemeat, stop the strength training and give up some functional mass, and make 135 if she wanted to. Or.....she could fight some freak show fights against soft 145ers in the minor leagues. The choice is hers.

Damn...seeing the two of those together is crazy. WTF did she do? Damn. I respect wanting to have more power, but if it puts you out of a weight class or a job...is it really worth it? Wow.
2/13/13 9:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ "WTF did she do?"

Well, you know, just took some supplements and stuff....maybe some kettle bell training?

2/13/13 9:08 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 02/13/13 9:08 PM

What I find the most telling looking at older and newer pics of her, just like Overeem/BarryBonds etc, is not the muscles, rather the obvious growth of the cranium/skull at ear level and above.

Sorry folks, but your fucking SKULL is not supposed to expand/grow after the age of about 15-18ish...

2/13/13 9:11 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 9:32 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post

wow....you half-brains appear to be very high-functioning, despite your obvious impairment...kudos.

EDIT: wanted to add that its laughable how some posters on this thread don't seem to realize that its the 135lb division, for which Rousey holds the belt. The UFC Women's 135lb division, not the 140lb or 145lb.

If she wants to fight Rousey at 140 or 145, then it can't and shouldn't be for the belt.

2/14/13 3:19 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is like Forrest Gump when he decides to go for a run one day and ends up running across the whole USA. She wont get in a cage with Cyborg. Cyborg would end the marketing hype that is Rousey.
2/14/13 3:22 AM
HexRei

hmb - Cat is by far the hottest girl in MMA. If she wins, instant superstar.

Not even close
2/14/13 11:05 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Ronda is like Forrest Gump when he decides to go for a run one day and ends up running across the whole USA. She wont get in a cage with Cyborg. Cyborg would end the marketing hype that is Rousey.

Actually it sounds like she's quite willing to get into the cage with Cyborg at 135 (the weight she's champion of). Cyborg claims she can't make 135 (quite possible), but I don't see how that makes it Rousey's responsibility to go up in weight.

The problem for Cyborg is that she wants to piggy back off of Rousey's fame. If Cyborg can't make Rousey's weight she should do what Rousey did, and build up her own following - if she builds up her own hype she can create a 145 (or probably 155) WMMA division. As it is, she's trying to do it the easy way, cashing in on someone else's marketing.

Sometimes there are no shortcuts, if Cyborg wants the big money, she's going to have to do like Rousey, Sonnen, Muhammed Ali, Mayweather etc did, and create a buzz around herself. Then she can fight in whatever weight division she wants, because the money will come to her. Until she does that, she can't expect anyone to change divisions to fight her.
2/14/13 11:08 AM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - 
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - 

Rousey is on the run. Everybody with half a brain can see it. Phone Post

So lets say Mike Ciesnolevicz is the 205 pound champ in the UFC and he gets called out by the former heavyweight champion who was just suspended for a year for using roids........R us saying that you would just jump like they asked and fight up up weight, just like that, for a cheater who has not even had a fight since there suspension???? I think (not know) you would feel differently and would be offended on some level.....The champ should not have to go up a weight, epecially for someone who was just busted for juice......I hardly doubt she is scared of Cyborg......I think Cyborg's reckless plays right into Rhonda's hands.........Judokas like people to be wild and off balance......

Still waiting for an answer bro......I am really interested in your response.....
2/14/13 11:20 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Steve4192 - 

I agree.

Everyone with a HALF a brain thinks Rousey is on the run.

Those of us with an WHOLE brain believe otherwise.

lol

What you did there. I see it.........

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.