UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rumor: Cain vs Bigfoot and Reem vs JDS @ UFC 160

2/12/13 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Subvertir
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think JDS is going to BEAT THE FUCK out of Overeem.
2/12/13 1:45 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingstonHawkeJr - Damn, hate to say it but the UFC is dropping the ball on this one. The only fight that really makes sense is Cain vs Black Fedor.

I wish, but that fight will never happen.

2/12/13 1:47 AM
atlantis_ninjah

people dont respect Antonio Silva very much, he was a way better athlete than overeem was, just natural cardio that he got from training, dude is always game and down to fight anyone, he beat Fedor and Overeem, give this man some goddamn respect
2/12/13 1:57 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atlantis_ninjah - people dont respect Antonio Silva very much, he was a way better athlete than overeem was, just natural cardio that he got from training, dude is always game and down to fight anyone, he beat Fedor and Overeem, give this man some goddamn respect
Like Reem and Browne, they no hespect! Phone Post
2/12/13 2:02 AM
simonpe

Tomato Can - Overeem doesn't deserve to fight JDS, but I will enjoy watching him get KO'd again.
Really? Long winning streak that recently got an abrupt ending, sounds familiar?

He lost = He sucks //the UG Phone Post
2/12/13 2:05 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 2:06 AM
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

They won't do it, but I almost wanna say the UFC would be better served to make JDS/Reem the headliner.  It might sell more PPVs.

Over the HW title fight involving a Mexican champ and Brazilian challenger? Will do more PPV's??

Not sure if serious. Phone Post

You act like there's a big Mexican MMA presence.  And also, Brazilians don't contribute to PPV numbers.  Derp.

And lastly,

2/12/13 2:06 AM
Dobba1

Overeem still gets one of the high profile fights he wanted anyway? Fuck that! He should be fighting from the ground up, coming off a suspension and then getting KO'd shouldn't get him a shot a JDS. Guys a joke. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:06 AM
Mr Spliff

Would rather see jds/silva to see who gets the rematch. Maybe werdum/cain in the meantime (if him and nog ever actually fight...) Phone Post
2/12/13 2:11 AM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

They won't do it, but I almost wanna say the UFC would be better served to make JDS/Reem the headliner.  It might sell more PPVs.

Over the HW title fight involving a Mexican champ and Brazilian challenger? Will do more PPV's??

Not sure if serious. Phone Post

What's so strange about his post?

JDS/Overeem is definitely the most marketable fight. Now they would never put a non-title HW fight ahead of a title HW fight.

But I think it's safe to say that if both these fights happen on the same card, pretty much all the buzz will be about JDS-Overeem. No one will talk about Cain-Bigfoot much.

I think it's not unreasonable to think that JDS-Overeem would sell more PPVs than the title fight.
2/12/13 2:19 AM
stonepony

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Why Dana?

Marketing. They're getting what they can while they can out of Bigfoot and Overeem. JDS will smaaaaaaaaaaaash Overeem like it's his job. Fight shouldn't even be sanctioned. Noncompetitive.

Clean Overeem is going 0-2. Bigfoot hasn't earned that rematch, not for beating a gate-geeker like Overeem. But, Bigfoot has a better chance at beating Cain, than Overeem does against Junior.
2/12/13 2:33 AM
DoomFarmer
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atlantis_ninjah - people dont respect Antonio Silva very much, he was a way better athlete than overeem was, just natural cardio that he got from training, dude is always game and down to fight anyone, he beat Fedor and Overeem, give this man some goddamn respect
Completely agree.

Bigfoot earned this one, IMO.

If he gets blown out again, oh well.

Bigfoot has been the most impressive HW lately. Phone Post
2/12/13 3:28 AM
melancoholic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why do ppl have a problem with bigfoot getting the title shot? yes he got his ass whooped by cain but had 2 quality wins since then.

cain got his ass whooped by jds the first time and only needed one win (against bigfoot!) to get another crack at the title.

2/12/13 3:41 AM
Tom2gunsWright

Big Country Phone Post
2/12/13 4:22 AM
Terry Etim for dinner
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love JDS vs Overeem fight. My money would be on Overeem getting ko'd worse than last time. No problem with the Bigfoot vs Cain rematch either. Bigfoot has done enough to deserve the shot. If all goes as I think it will, it's sets up the rubber match between Cain and Junior.
2/12/13 4:38 AM
Prideentrance
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this is true will it be in Vegas? Date? Phone Post
2/12/13 4:50 AM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

JDS will destroy unroided Reem. Phone Post
2/12/13 5:51 AM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest, Bigfoot deserves it. I know Cain killed him not too long ago, but look at Bigfoots last 2 wins. And they weren't just wins, they were knockouts. Phone Post
2/12/13 6:11 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so if jds beats reem cains record is gonna look like this
cain vs jds
cain vs bigfoot 1
cain vs jds 2
cain vs bigfoot 2
cain vs jds 3

they shouldn't do jds/overeem imo.. unless it's for the belt
2/12/13 6:25 AM
Pancake Syrup
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Bigfoot but he is going to get destroyed again. Bigfoot apart from the KO of Overeem didn't look very good...got taken down and held there...if that was Cain he would have ended it in the first. The only thing going in Bigfoot's favor though is that apart from Cormier who wants to go down to 205 there is no one really there to challenge Cain
2/12/13 6:48 AM
elysian

Edited: 02/12/13 7:21 AM
Meh.

It would be much more interesting if they brought in Barnett to face Bigfoot.
2/12/13 7:58 AM
Dawkins

Damn it I was hoping Reem would get one more tune up fight that he wouldn't hopefully fuck up.
2/12/13 8:24 AM
MillhouseMMA
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should just switch Werdum and Big Foot around although I don't really want to see Nog get destroyed that badly. Phone Post
2/12/13 9:10 AM
Barbalos

The Cain Bigfoot fight didn't actually show much at all. Cain caught a kick and used top position the entire fight to win. He got a lucky cut and that is why Silva lost. Didn't show anything from either fighter we hadn't already seen.

However, Cain looked beast last fight, and may be able to take Silva down easily even without a kick. I think so. But their first fight was more of a fluke than a domination IMO. Caught kick -> cut. That's it.
2/12/13 9:29 AM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe - 
Tomato Can - Overeem doesn't deserve to fight JDS, but I will enjoy watching him get KO'd again.
Really? Long winning streak that recently got an abrupt ending, sounds familiar?

He lost = He sucks //the UG Phone Post

JDS was the champ and lost to the #2 HW. Overeem was not the champ (maybe #3 HW at best) and got KO'd by a borderline top 10 guy. I'd rather see Overeem fight the Cormier/Mir loser or something like that.
2/12/13 9:37 AM
ausgepicht

GROUNDnLB -
pidgey - bigfoot getting another shot doesnt really make sense after the ass whooping he took from Cain just few months ago. Phone Post
In all fairness to BF, it was that one elbow that changed the fight. That being said, I don't see how he can stop Cain's takedowns. Cain should not stand and trade with him, too risky. Phone Post
One elbow? MMA is too complex for you. Pick a simpler sport. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.