UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diabate: Manuwa will go far but I'll stop him

2/12/13 5:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyrille Diabate takes on Jimi Manuwa in one of the most eagerly anticipated fights at this weekend's UFC On Fuel 7 event in London, England.

Given their respective styles, fans are expecting an awesome matchup that is unlikely to go the distance. Diabate knows Manuwa is highly rated and dangerous, but he feels he has the edge.

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/309/cyrille-diabate-talks-jimi-manuwa-ufc-on-fuel-7.htm

"I think he can go far. He seems tough and powerful. I think his ground is his weak point though. I feel I have better standup and I also have knockout power.

"I see myself knocking him out or submitting him. I will combat his creativity, power and speed with being more creative, powerful and fast."

Can't wait to be cageside for this one! Gonna be off the hook. Off the fence, I'm hoping our own Posterboy can continue his streak. But it will be a great fight either way!

2/12/13 5:47 AM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So hyped for this fight, hopefully well see some of Manuwas ground work.
2/12/13 5:49 AM
Moldiver

I'll be Cageside to, really looking forward to this fight! Phone Post
2/12/13 5:52 AM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this should be an awesome scrap. Phone Post
2/12/13 5:54 AM
Moldiver

The reaction from the press section in Nottingham when he fought last year was great, dude is a killer on his feet! Phone Post
2/12/13 5:57 AM
Moldiver

What kinda fight do we think this is? his first challenge in the UFC or a stepping stone that can build his name? Phone Post
2/12/13 7:33 AM
Fight! UK Online
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moldiver -  What kinda fight do we think this is? his first challenge in the UFC or a stepping stone that can build his name? Phone Post

Kingsbury was a challenge. He's a very good fighter and no walkover....this is another step in the right direction I think.

2/12/13 8:19 AM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

I can see this in Diabate's future:

2/12/13 8:42 AM
Hikikomori
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diabate will take this fight to the ground.
2/12/13 9:03 AM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This one could be awesome, but could also suck if Diabate takes it to the ground for a lay and pray session.
2/12/13 9:11 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - Diabate will take this fight to the ground.
This is what I'm thinking. I think he will try to take Jimi down and submit him.

I just hope Jimi has been training some TDD/getting back to his feet... Phone Post
2/12/13 9:28 AM
Terry Etim for dinner
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimi was on Ariel's show yesterday and said that he didn't think Diabate will stand with him and that he's trained for all situations.

Hoping he gets a nice highlight reel KO
2/12/13 10:17 AM
NomoRomophobia
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see it happening.
War Posterboy! Phone Post
2/12/13 10:19 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War posterboy!! Jimi by ko. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:31 PM
LAE

Loved the cheers from the crowd everytime Jimi threw something big against Kingsbury. Phone Post
2/12/13 7:40 PM
Fight! UK Online

It's gonna be even more nuts for Jimi in London.

2/12/13 8:20 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Posterboy!

I see a second round KO, Cyrille will not like the taste of Jimi's power though. Phone Post
2/12/13 8:38 PM
PitbullAlves

very excited for this fight been itching to see jimi back in the cage
2/13/13 6:40 PM
Fight! UK Online

Spoke to Jimi today and he is PUMPED! Can't wait.

2/13/13 6:45 PM
EckY
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

esch99 - This one could be awesome, but could also suck if Diabate takes it to the ground for a lay and pray session.

You must not have seen Diabate fight before.

2/13/13 6:47 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimi has good BJJ. Hopefully his wrestling is a little better for this fight :) massive fan regardless! Phone Post
2/13/13 7:55 PM
DoomFarmer
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyrill stood with prime Shogun.

Rooting for Jimi but the Snake isn't exactly a pushover in the striking department. Phone Post
2/14/13 10:53 AM
Fight! UK Online

No-one thinks he is, that's why it's such an exciting fight!

Here's what Manuwa thinks:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/309/cyrille-diabate-talks-jimi-manuwa-ufc-on-fuel-7.htm

“I don’t think it will work out for him, ‘cos I enjoy getting hit,” the ‘Posterboy’ revealed. “I don’t mind taking a punch to land my own, but I don’t think he likes to get hit. But this is MMA, it could be a trick. He could be saying that to help him go for the takedown, but I’m ready for the fight wherever it goes.”
2/14/13 12:14 PM
Hikikomori
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You gotta give some ass in order to get some ass." - Nazim Richardson (Elite Boxing Trainer)
2/15/13 6:15 AM
Fight! UK Online

No homo?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.