UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Olympics 2020 Drop Wrestling!

2/12/13 8:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Turd_Ferguson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/02/12/sports/olympics/ap-oly-ioc-meetings.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

unbelievable
2/12/13 8:55 AM
DeWebb

To make way for MMA in Michelin Man suits? Phone Post
2/12/13 9:04 AM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The sport the original olympics was built upon. What a shame.
2/12/13 9:10 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 9:10 AM
Fucking assholes......I could see getting rid of one if it would save it, but this is pathetic.......Money grabbing fucks........
2/12/13 9:19 AM
Easytarget
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be a big move of athletes into Judo methinks, in some countries at least.
2/12/13 9:29 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See my avatar.

2/12/13 9:49 AM
TheRealJoker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like i'm gonna be starting my own olympics. Fuck you IOC!!! Phone Post
2/12/13 9:53 AM
Chuckles
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeWebb - To make way for MMA in Michelin Man suits? Phone Post
This may not be far off and the protective gear issue may not be as bad as we think. I know Brazil wants mma and JJ in the Olympics badly. Phone Post
2/12/13 9:56 AM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Email: pressoffice@olympic.org Phone Post
2/12/13 10:01 AM
garrote
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well this wasn't a good thread to start the morning. Shitty news. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:04 AM
Tomato Can
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely disgraceful.
2/12/13 10:11 AM
sacredhate
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they needed to make space for ballroom dancing.
2/12/13 10:12 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - The sport the original olympics was built upon. What a shame.
This. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:14 AM
TJits73
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horseshit Phone Post
2/12/13 10:16 AM
UGCTT_ChubbyFunster
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It makes this an even bigger insult when you consider they're thinking about replacing wrestling with wushu or wakeboarding.
2/12/13 10:24 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of backroom bullshit going on with the IOC. A friend of mine is the former head of Canada Wrestling and he broke it down for me.

The IOC wanted equal women's  and men's wrestling weight divisions, even though the talent pool in higher weight classes was very sparse for the ladies. They wanted to drop one of the men's styles to make room, which made the wrestling reps (who are pretty much the biggest and most powerful sport in the world due to political and financial backing) basically tell the IOC to go f--- themselves. There was a lot of malicious back and forth between the two sides. When they wouldn't agree and refused to be bullied into accepting IOC demands, which made no sense, they made this decision and announcement. It's likely that we'll see them come to a compromise and that money will have to exchange hands since the IOC is known to accept donations.

2/12/13 10:50 AM
Elite Hunting

cheesesteak - The sport the original olympics was built upon. What a shame.

This is incorrect. The first Olympics included just one event - a short sprint. The Olympics were built upon running events. Wrestling, however, was the first non-running event added.
2/12/13 10:52 AM
Elite Hunting

Mike Russell - 

Lots of backroom bullshit going on with the IOC. A friend of mine is the former head of Canada Wrestling and he broke it down for me.

The IOC wanted equal women's  and men's wrestling weight divisions, even though the talent pool in higher weight classes was very sparse for the ladies. They wanted to drop one of the men's styles to make room, which made the wrestling reps (who are pretty much the biggest and most powerful sport in the world due to political and financial backing) basically tell the IOC to go f--- themselves. There was a lot of malicious back and forth between the two sides. When they wouldn't agree and refused to be bullied into accepting IOC demands, which made no sense, they made this decision and announcement. It's likely that we'll see them come to a compromise and that money will have to exchange hands since the IOC is known to accept donations.

LOL at wrestling being the biggest and most powerful sport in the world due to political and financial backing.

What fantasy world are you living in?

Your friend doesn't know shit. Nor does he understand the process.
2/12/13 10:59 AM
jkkazmier

Elite Hunting - 
Mike Russell - 

LOL at wrestling being the biggest and most powerful sport in the world due to political and financial backing.

Dude, Vince and Linda got loot yo.
2/12/13 11:17 AM
Il Duce
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 

Voted up for spreading knowledge. 

2/12/13 11:27 AM
Elite Hunting

arnanderson - 
Elite Hunting - 
Mike Russell - 

troll on, faggot

It's not trolling when what I had to say is 100 percent accurate. Sorry you don't like the truth.
2/12/13 11:33 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elite Hunting - 
Mike Russell - 

Please enlighten me, then.

I know an Eastern European wrestler who many considered the top in the world at one time who told me tht winning the gold medal in wrestling basically made you a millionaire in his country and ensured you would be taken care of -- more so than soccer players. I suppose you don't think FILA has much pull or money, then.

2/12/13 2:55 PM
Elite Hunting

You didn't say that FILA has money and pull. Something I wouldn't disagree with. YOU said wrestling was the biggest and most powerful sport in the world. And THAT idea is ridiculous and completely untrue.

FIFA dwarfs all other world federations in revenue, popularity of its sport and power. FIBA is clearly more powerful. IIHF, too.

I get that you are some sort of wrestling fan. That's fine. But you are vastly overestimating its power and importance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.