UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What is up with Brian Bowles???

2/12/13 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FreakDaddy
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he hurt, did he retire, or is he talking time off.....He has not fought in a while......I think his last fight was in November of 2011 against Faber......Does anyone have the scoop??? Thanks in advance.....
2/12/13 9:33 AM
awesomestprime
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's still training. I'm not sure who he's signed with honestly? I'll ask tonight.

My son's wrestling coach is Jeff Bedard and Bowles shows up to train at compound sometimes. It's fun to watch him wrestle high school kids.

But I know Brian is still training with great guys all over ATL.
2/12/13 12:03 PM
Hops01
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bedard is a stud. How well does Brian do against some of the higher calibur high school/college guys in straight wrestling?
2/12/13 12:08 PM
awesomestprime
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hops01 - Bedard is a stud. How well does Brian do against some of the higher calibur high school/college guys in straight wrestling?

He does very well. I've only watched him live wrestle once though. The kids practice is over before they go live, and my son is 10
2/12/13 2:38 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian is back to training hard and should be fighting back in the UFC soon. Look for him to make another run.
Adam
2/12/13 2:38 PM
FreakDaddy
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How old is Brian??
2/12/13 2:40 PM
stevekt
688 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he reunite with the Funky Bunch? Phone Post
2/12/13 2:44 PM
epwar
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - How old is Brian??

32.  Last fight was in Nov. 2011.  Wow, can't believe it was over a year ago.

2/12/13 2:56 PM
awesomestprime

Is he still at hardcore most the time Adam?
2/12/13 3:05 PM
DoubleBagger
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bowles vs Pickett is a fight I'd like to see.
2/12/13 3:20 PM
KidPittsburgh
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
FreakDaddy - How old is Brian??

32.  Last fight was in Nov. 2011.  Wow, can't believe it was over a year ago.

Must've been some kinda pay check, eh?
2/12/13 3:26 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian=Stud
2/13/13 12:28 AM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Half and half Phone Post
2/13/13 12:31 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

DoubleBagger - Bowles vs Pickett is a fight I'd like to see.

Second this.

I still think he can beat Dominick.

2/13/13 12:46 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was bummed when Faber beat him.
Hope to see em back kicking ass soon.
2/13/13 1:10 AM
mynameis68
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't he break a hand everytime he fights? Phone Post
2/13/13 4:59 AM
Sharkbait
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Dirk Diggler. Phone Post
2/13/13 5:22 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bowles
Akiyama
Forrest
Serra

Would be good to see all these guys fight again
2/13/13 6:43 AM
KC007

Mark Wahlberg, is that you ? Phone Post
2/13/13 9:08 AM
frankiscool
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Completely shit the bed vs Faber.  Has a lot to prove upon return, and needs to earn a name fight in the division.  Still living off the Torres win.  It's ancient history now.

Brian finished lots of guys in a row in WEC...

Valencia, Galvao, D. Page, Ribeiro, then Torres

He'd been out and trained with Faber prior to their fight.

HardCore Gym as produced 2 world champions.

In total UFC Fighters: Forrest, Rory, Bowles, Cofer, Cale Yarbrough, Dave Mewborn(didn't make it into the TUF house)
2/13/13 9:13 AM
frankiscool
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And don't forget about all the Georgia MMA Champions...

Lawson McClure, Ralph Ospina, Brett Chism....I'm forgetting some I know
2/13/13 9:17 AM
Drewout
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonReemjob - 
mynameis68 - Doesn't he break a hand everytime he fights? Phone Post
Basically Phone Post

Brian hits as hard as most of the elite UFC 185#'s (Guys that cut weight from 210 etc.)

Brian's hands are not built like that, hence breaking it 3 or more times.

He has been having his hand reconstructed with replacement titanium bones thanks to a research project funded by aerospace contractors that have been making other prosthetic limbs such as hip replacements etc.

He has been going through the testing phase and so far over the last month has broken every single UFC punching bag measurement game machine he has hit.

Starting this week he will be rotating slabs of ice, cinder blocks and wood to test the durability.

As soon as testing is complete and his hand shows no structural damage he will be released upon the UFC again.
2/13/13 12:17 PM
Adam Singer

I would love to see a study looking at combat athletes and hand breaks across all weights. I bet there is a bell curve and I would like to see where it peaks.
2/13/13 12:57 PM
SC MMA MD
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Singer - Brian is back to training hard and should be fighting back in the UFC soon. Look for him to make another run.
Adam
Great news, Love watching him fight Phone Post
2/13/13 12:59 PM
SC MMA MD
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Singer - I would love to see a study looking at combat athletes and hand breaks across all weights. I bet there is a bell curve and I would like to see where it peaks.
This is a great idea. If someone had access to AC records in a few of the larger states this could be done easially. I would expect the peak is 155 or 170. Big enough to have punching power, but not likely to have huge hands like some of the higher weights Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.