UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Former NFL player makes odd pro boxing debut

2/12/13 12:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
awesomestprime - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Olympic-Wrestling/140684176096583

Kirik Please use your star power and like and share this page!!!

I'll add it to the piece, too.

2/12/13 12:43 PM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I could laugh. That shit disgusts me.
2/12/13 12:45 PM
Bruham
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 

come on you giffers, slow mo gif, please!

http://i.imgflip.com/lev0.gif
2/12/13 12:46 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Bruham - 
Cyril Jeff - 

come on you giffers, slow mo gif, please!

http://i.imgflip.com/lev0.gif

voted up!

2/12/13 12:48 PM
awesomestprime
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
awesomestprime - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Olympic-Wrestling/140684176096583

Kirik Please use your star power and like and share this page!!!

I'll add it to the piece, too.

voted up:-)

I might just buy another blue name!!!!
2/12/13 12:51 PM
MrNiceguy66

The force of the wind that the uppercut produced was more than enough to knock almost anyone out. You guys should all get your facts straight before making erroneous accusations. It's science people! Phone Post
2/12/13 1:31 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pete Southhammer - 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiMHTK15Pik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phone Post

2/12/13 1:41 PM
elysian

I found this somewhere

http://s7.postimage.org/5zkwwm0q1/cvbcbxcvbcvxbxcvb.gif
2/12/13 1:48 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
2/12/13 2:01 PM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Ray knew it was going to happen? He looked as confused and shocked as most of us do when seeing that.

I wonder when it comes to works is how often are both fighters in on it. I feel bad for the hate that some fighters get after they had no idea they were going to be involved in a work.
2/12/13 3:16 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guys this is a joke it was just a pretend
2/12/13 3:27 PM
Harmon Whistler
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uh.. This isn't Ray Edwards' pro debut, he fought professionally twice in Hinkley..

(at least that's how they sold it)

2/12/13 3:28 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So glad the 'Coons dropped him.
2/12/13 3:49 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wikipedia says that Edwards' boxing trainer is a former pro wrestler from WCW. It looked like a WCW match to me. Phone Post
2/12/13 3:54 PM
Cyril Jeff

Harmon Whistler - 

uh.. This isn't Ray Edwards' pro debut, he fought professionally twice in Hinkley..

(at least that's how they sold it)

Promoter admits Ray Edwards’ opponent was “terrible”

Minnesota Vikings v Atlanta Falcons Getty Images

We noted yesterday that former Vikings and Falcons defensive end Ray Edwards won a boxing match against an out-of-shape opponent who fell to the canvas without Edwards even hitting him. But it turns out that Edwards’ opponent was even worse than previously believed.

Initially, Edwards was supposed to fight some guy named Mike Smith, who had only boxed once before, and had lost that one fight by first-round knockout. That Mike Smith wasn’t me, and it wasn’t Edwards’ coach during his time with the Falcons, but whoever it was, he didn’t show up to the weigh-in. That left the fight’s promoter, Cory Rapacz, scrambling to find a replacement. And the only replacement Rapacz could find was some guy named Nick Capes, who isn’t even a heavyweight and who entered the fight with a record of 0-3, with all three of his career fights being first-round knockout losses.

Rapacz acknowledges that Capes had no shot, but Capes was the only licensed professional boxer who could be found to step into the ring with Edwards on short notice.

We knew he was terrible as one of the fights was on YouTube,” said Rapacz on Facebook, via FOX-9 in the Twin Cities. “It was obvious what we were getting. He had a federal ID and was over 200 pounds so we took him.”

---read the rest here---

2/13/13 5:57 PM
Kirik
1598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

I am really happy to report that the ND commission suspended the guy. It is awesome to see regulators take a stand against that stuff.

2/13/13 6:04 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was a weird one as well

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.