UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why Doesn't Mike Tyson Coach?

2/12/13 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanielCaton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has all of the knowledge of being a champion.  The knowledge passed down from Cus D'Amato.  I think the boxing style that he developed could do wonders in MMA.  I know some people see it as funny, but I think Iron Mike has something to share and people could learn from.

BTW, you should watch his documentry from like 08' it's amazing.

2/12/13 12:37 PM
Ingrained Media
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably because without his own original coaches he was unable to hold it together. Sometimes the best coaches never compete.
2/12/13 12:38 PM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmaxej9 - coach in MMA?

well the concepts of pure boxing don't transfer too well to MMA. If you try to teach an MMA fighter a basic boxing stance, pure boxing head movement etc. he will get not do well boxing...

as a coach for boxing I think he would do fantastic!

I wonder why Anderson and GSP bother working with boxing coaches....

(Not to mention dozens of other fighters).

2/12/13 12:39 PM
ABE FROMAN

Because he's an actor now, imo.

2/12/13 12:41 PM
Seats Taken
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media - Probably because without his own original coaches he was unable to hold it together. Sometimes the best coaches never compete.
This. Many great champions aren't cut out to coach. Phone Post
2/12/13 12:41 PM
ranier wolfcastle
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too rich and too crazy

?

2/12/13 12:43 PM
Bootsy Collins
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fighter does not equal good coach & vice versa
2/12/13 12:43 PM
UGCTT_Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not many top athletes are actually that great of trainers, generally the guy who has never competed or the guy who was mediocre at the sport teach and train so much better.
2/12/13 12:45 PM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard Mike give advice on punching power..."You should always try to punch through the back of your opponents head" Phone Post
2/12/13 12:46 PM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Graphic Designer
ranier wolfcastle -

too rich and too crazy

?

He's not that rich, he is making a little comeback in the financial dept though Phone Post
2/12/13 1:00 PM
DanielCaton

Yeah, I understand the general concept of a great athlete doesn't always make a great coach.  It's just from interviews I've seen, he provides great comentary on the psyche of a fighter and technique.  I think he would do fine. 

2/12/13 1:43 PM
torquemada
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert956 - I've heard Mike give advice on punching power..."You should always try to punch through the back of your opponents head" Phone Post
That's not a bad tip. I always used to throw short until someone told me basically the same thing. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:13 PM
BenStillerisAWESOME

He is brain dead and he never fought anyone relevant anyway. He still is a shame to the sport. Phone Post
2/12/13 2:17 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's training beiber.. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.