UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Recommend some boxing gloves :(

2/12/13 3:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last night I noticed a little tear in my all time favorite pair of gloves. They're still usable for now, but I'll need to replace them soon.

I could shop for my own gloves, and I have been a little bit, but I liked these gloves so much man, I just can't get into the search right now lol

Thanks for the help bros.
2/12/13 3:32 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy the same gloves. Phone Post
2/12/13 3:48 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red ones
2/12/13 3:57 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But red is bad ass looks like you just split some fool open
2/12/13 4:02 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorites are white. One of my training partners said "It's really demoralizing when you hit me and then I see my blood splattered on your glove". I love that lol

And I would buy the same ones, but I can't find them.
2/12/13 4:06 PM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a pair of venoms i REALLY like. They hug onto your wrist and are really comfy on your hand. Failing that topking or teins you cant go wrong Phone Post
2/12/13 4:10 PM
Crush Crawfish

A kid in the gym has a pair of gold Venoms that are pretty slick. I'll check them out.
2/12/13 4:11 PM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the following order:

1. Winning
2. Grant
3. Protex
4. IMF Tech
5. And if you hate your sparring partners then Cleto Reyes
2/12/13 4:16 PM
lildragonof
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winning Phone Post
2/12/13 4:48 PM
Crush Crawfish

3 strikes - In the following order:

1. Winning
2. Grant
3. Protex
4. IMF Tech
5. And if you hate your sparring partners then Cleto Reyes

Yeah, I saw some Protex gloves on sale at Everlast, those are probably the frontrunners right now.

Anybody have any experience with Adidas gloves? I've got Adidas shoes and they've been great, hopefully the gloves are good too.
2/12/13 5:12 PM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hayabusa Phone Post
2/12/13 5:13 PM
vengence
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pad/bag work - TWINS special

sparring - Windy

nuff said
2/12/13 7:34 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Crush Crawfish - My favorites are white. One of my training partners said "It's really demoralizing when you hit me and then I see my blood splattered on your glove". I love that lol

And I would buy the same ones, but I can't find them.
Have you tried the Internet? Phone Post
2/12/13 8:12 PM
Mike Adrian

The everlast protex 3 are comparable to winning gloves for sparring. I actually prefer them Phone Post
2/12/13 11:32 PM
sirjoshua

Cleto Reyes.
Do you even train?
TOTAL WTF@asking a forum about gloves when your a....pro, fighter.
2/12/13 11:37 PM
BLPorritt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No gloves.

Bare knuckle son!!!!! Phone Post
2/13/13 12:00 AM
sirjoshua

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/550x/f4/6f/0e/f46f0ebb4b8331d9396c1e44160bc758.jpg

blue or green namer plz^^^
2/13/13 12:18 AM
Santino DeFranco
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just posted this on another thread:

If you can foot the bill for Winnings, your hands will thank you by not breaking or getting hurt, thus, ensuring your scheduled fights continue to earn you money. That being said, they are pricey ($300-$350), but again, they are worth it, especially for a guy like you that makes a living with his hands.

Now, if the Winnings are out of the question, I'd check out some boxing gloves like Cleto Reyes (if you have strong, sturdy hands and like hard gloves); Grants, if you want something a little softer; or Pro Mex for a blend of the two. The high end Everlast are good, too. I prefer the top boxing brands over the Thai brands (though Boon everything is awesome) as they, the boxing brands, tend to curve the thumb in for better protection and you tend to jam it on head gear less. I always found Fairtex/Twins to have a weird angle for the thumb.

I would also avoid the "MMA" brand gloves. Most of those are just poor copies of a better glove that they sent to some Pakistani manufacturer and asked if they could reproduce as cheaply as possible and put their logo on it, whereas, the top boxing brands have put the time and money into R & D.

Hope that helps.
2/13/13 11:07 AM
Crush Crawfish

sirjoshua - Cleto Reyes.
Do you even train?

Ha I've gone through more boxing gloves than you have diapers, kid. I just didn't feel like shopping too hard because I REALLY like these gloves and I'm not that excited about replacing them.
2/13/13 11:16 AM
Crush Crawfish

Santino DeFranco - Just posted this on another thread:

If you can foot the bill for Winnings, your hands will thank you by not breaking or getting hurt, thus, ensuring your scheduled fights continue to earn you money. That being said, they are pricey ($300-$350), but again, they are worth it, especially for a guy like you that makes a living with his hands.

Now, if the Winnings are out of the question, I'd check out some boxing gloves like Cleto Reyes (if you have strong, sturdy hands and like hard gloves); Grants, if you want something a little softer; or Pro Mex for a blend of the two. The high end Everlast are good, too. I prefer the top boxing brands over the Thai brands (though Boon everything is awesome) as they, the boxing brands, tend to curve the thumb in for better protection and you tend to jam it on head gear less. I always found Fairtex/Twins to have a weird angle for the thumb.

I would also avoid the "MMA" brand gloves. Most of those are just poor copies of a better glove that they sent to some Pakistani manufacturer and asked if they could reproduce as cheaply as possible and put their logo on it, whereas, the top boxing brands have put the time and money into R & D.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, these were the top end Everlast gloves. They've changed the design a little, I've had these for a couple years, so I could get some similar but not the exact same.

Thanks for the tips.
2/13/13 7:34 PM
cthlcschlgrl

2/13/13 8:03 PM
sirjoshua

Crush Crawfish - 
sirjoshua - Cleto Reyes.
Do you even train?

Ha I've gone through more boxing gloves than you have diapers, kid. I just didn't feel like shopping too hard because I REALLY like these gloves and I'm not that excited about replacing them.

If your asking others about Boxing gloves then no you haven't gone through as many pairs as I. I'm no kid
2/14/13 1:44 PM
beckleyt

sirjoshua -
Crush Crawfish - 
sirjoshua - Cleto Reyes.
Do you even train?

If your asking others about Boxing gloves then no you haven't gone through as many pairs as I. I'm no kid
Don't be a douche, he's just asking a question.

I like Fairtex or Windy, Crush. Phone Post
2/14/13 2:03 PM
jTheHybridwolff
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sirjoshua - Cleto Reyes.
Do you even train?
Rude lil whipper snapper Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.