UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Q for Rose Namajunas, INRE female wrestling

2/12/13 4:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did you do HS wrestling?

I only ask because I coach the little guys (age 3 to 11), and at this age group there are several girls that compete well and hold their own, but I have yet to see a female win a varsity match at the high school level. Then again, I probably haven't seen any women wrestle that went on to become professional athletes.

You seem easily excitable, so please don't take this as a sexist comment because I love WMMA and I truly wish that wrestling was a popular enough sport that it could support a women's division as well.

Just curious to see how well a professional female athlete was able to compete on an even plane with the guys in a combat sport. I have one girl on the team, she is 10 I think, and she has won a few matches and she does the exact same training the boys do.

Lately her parents have been asking me about her wrestling for the middle school team which I am on the fence with, and the high school team which I am definitely gunshy about giving her the greenlight yet.

Mainly I am worried about her safety being potentially a 14 year old girl competing against 18 year old boys in a combat sport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.