UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/14/13 4:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Topsyjt
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
CindyO - 

Have you heard of FitnessVT.com? If so, what's your opinion of this system?

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I have heard of Fitness VT. Their system seems to be clean as far as I can tell from their website. I have not seen their meal plans or complete philosophies. Their approach seems to be honest but their price seems to be very high.
You can obtain my books THE DOLCE DIET LIVING LEAN or the LIVING LEAN COOKBOOK for $9.99 on iTunes & Kindle and not have to spend another dime on a lifer plan again.
Fitness VT charges from $40 per month to over $300 per month.
I'm not trying to plug my books or bash what may be a good program but highlighting options. We have over 4,500 testimonials favorited on my twitter account @TheDolceDiet from people who are losing dozens to over 100 pounds from just reading one book.
I've bought the book. Praised mr dolce on twitter when i seen question asked a out him. Actually believe you favourited one of my tweets about Dolce Diet sir :-)
Amazing books guys. Grab one. It's all there for you x Phone Post
2/14/13 4:38 PM
Topsyjt
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

I wanted to say, for everyone, that we appreciate your time and energy and advice. Thanks a million for the knowledge and inspiration.

This
TTT Phone Post
2/14/13 6:09 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
UGCTT_SidRival - 

I did this haha. I'm sure it would have happened eventually but I got the ball rolling this afternoon. Awesome and ur welcome haha.

Phone Post

Edit: ps Wednesday is my birthday and my blue is up on the 21st.. Just in case anyone wants to help a brother out :)

Appreciate the idea! Shoot me a DM on twitter and I'll send you out a book.
Can u please follow me so I can send the DM? Thank u again for this. Phone Post
2/14/13 8:34 PM
Petey B
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Mike, thanks for this.

1. Other than fruits and veggies, coconut oil, seeds, nuts, oats, herbs, spices, can you give us some of your favorite foods and flavoring ingredients you use on those foods?

2. How do feel about white potatoes, white rice, brown rice for healthy eating?

3. Your favorite proteins?

Thanks again. Phone Post
2/14/13 9:54 PM
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/15/13 2:16 AM
Snufulufugus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing this. I know you are proud of what you do...as you should be. It is a great gift to be able to lead people towards a path of better health. With so many things that we can not control, nutrition seems to a fundamental component to our health and lifestyle that we can direct.

With that said, being a single father and working full time, I am finding it hard to keep fresh produce in the fridge. I am trying to teach my 4 year old son to eat clean. Every morning i start the day with supplement called green vibrance ( purchased on amazon).

Mike, can you comment on using these plant powders as a supplement? Also, can you please point me towards some foods/meals you feel a four year old would have interest in?

Thank you again and I do look forward to reading your books.

Dan
2/15/13 3:27 AM
gusto

Edited: 02/15/13 3:27 AM
Mike, will you advise Roger Gracie for his next fight?
2/15/13 3:42 AM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/15/13 4:01 AM
CindyO

GROUNDnLB - 
CindyO -
GROUNDnLB -  I eat relatively healthy, but I do have a sweet tooth. I make relatively healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. (Healthy compared to store bought)

Is there truly a huge difference between 100% whole wheat flour and unbleached?

Also, is gluten the devil, or is it something I don't really need to cut out? Phone Post

Recipe for said healthy oatmeal cc cookies? This thread is making me hungry:(

Cindy

1 cup low fat margerine (melted)
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup truvia (or another natural sweetener)
1 cup unbleached flour
2 cups quick oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix it up in that order, put dough on a non stick pan, bake at 350 Celcius for 15-19 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies. (Bake until slightly golden brown on top)

This recipe is 20% the saturated fat of a normal choc chip cookie.

Happy eating! Phone Post

Dayum, those sound yummy right about now! Not using real butter or sugar will be a big change. Do they taste different than traditional oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Thanks:)

Cindy

2/15/13 12:48 PM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snufulufugus - Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing this. I know you are proud of what you do...as you should be. It is a great gift to be able to lead people towards a path of better health. With so many things that we can not control, nutrition seems to a fundamental component to our health and lifestyle that we can direct.

With that said, being a single father and working full time, I am finding it hard to keep fresh produce in the fridge. I am trying to teach my 4 year old son to eat clean. Every morning i start the day with supplement called green vibrance ( purchased on amazon).

Mike, can you comment on using these plant powders as a supplement? Also, can you please point me towards some foods/meals you feel a four year old would have interest in?

Dan
I'm in a similar situation. Hard to keep fresh produce and eat clean with small children. Look forward to an answer on foods/recipes for them. Phone Post
2/15/13 1:03 PM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I don't want to continue to be accussed of smooching your asss, but I need to again. Thank you Kirik for putting this together, and to Dolce for giving us his valuable knowledge & input and contagious positive attitude.

Ok, I'm done :-)

(and thank you Rick Storm as well)

no, no..... Thank you Zipplokk!

TTT 4 Mike

2/15/13 2:00 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach - 
falsecrack - 

Any literature you would recommend nutrition-wise?

And how'd you become the "weight cut guru?"

Thanks!

Read everything! Learn from all experiences.
Some of my strongest research comes from the fields of ultra-distance training and native species.

Reputation and resume.

You mentioned ultra distance training. What do you think about guys like Rich Roll, Brendan Brazier, etc.. Do you think that kind of diet would transition well to MMA?
2/15/13 2:24 PM
gusto

UGCTT_Roadkill - 
Snufulufugus - Hi Mike,

Dan
I'm in a similar situation. Hard to keep fresh produce and eat clean with small children. Look forward to an answer on foods/recipes for them. Phone Post

i recommend keeping frozen fruit

you can mix with a OJ or some other juice and make fruit smoothies. maybe even add in a little spinach or other veggies that dont have too strong a taste
2/15/13 2:40 PM
Kirik
2054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

This is the best Q&A since we started them in 1998.

2/15/13 3:07 PM
Vril

Edited: 02/16/13 2:50 PM

Your thoughts on the Rousey's diet?

2/15/13 3:10 PM
SMACDADDY
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
2/15/13 3:29 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. I've learned a lot just by reading the questions and answers.

Awesome stuff here. Phone Post
2/15/13 3:45 PM
Dougie
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

where does one find coconut oil, a specialty/health food store ?

Certain at specialty shops but it is pretty common in most major supermarkets.

I started using this instead of other oils and I love it!

2/15/13 4:06 PM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Kirik - 

This is the best Q&A since we started them in 1998.

Agreed!!

2/15/13 4:42 PM
Evildazza
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/15/13 5:19 PM
OCMikelob
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/15/13 5:34 PM
Michael Piekarski

Is there a recommended amount of coconut oil you would suggest using daily? I probably have 2 teaspoons a day for stir frying.

What is your thought about egg white vs. whole egg? I heard you say you were a fan of the whole egg but I saw in 3 weeks to lean you had mostly egg whites, was that just because you were cutting down pre-fight?

I know you aren't a big fan of protein powders, but are there any that you would recommend? Aside from hemp protein.

2/15/13 6:44 PM
Neil McCauley

Mike ... say I did two-a-days 7 days a week for 2 weeks in a row, with minimal sleep, a lot of sex and cannabis usage. Would that be enough to drop normally high test levels to the point where I could get an exemption? Is this sort of thing being done to get healthy athletes an a performance boost?
2/15/13 7:14 PM
Cementhead
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the strengthcoach, This thread is a great read. Learned tons of helpful info!
2/15/13 7:24 PM
strengthcoach
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simpleman17 - complete noob question:<br />when you say change up the workout every 3 weeks: do you mean the ENTIRE workout out or just the type of exercise?<br /> example: fit for life work out for three weeks then something entirely different OR just changing the type of lift?

BTW getting old sucks! I eat right 6 days a week (just being honest not 7) I am getting incredibly strong (about USMC days) but can't loose any weight (even went down a pant size). Hard to run more than 3 miles when carrying 240.

The body adapts very quickly.
Change the volume, intensity, method & demand of exercise.
Jog v sprint
Barbells v bodyweight
Muay thai v bjj
Every three weeks a new goal should be set.
Keeps the mind engaged also.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.