UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/15/13 5:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OCMikelob
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/15/13 5:34 PM
Michael Piekarski
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a recommended amount of coconut oil you would suggest using daily? I probably have 2 teaspoons a day for stir frying.

What is your thought about egg white vs. whole egg? I heard you say you were a fan of the whole egg but I saw in 3 weeks to lean you had mostly egg whites, was that just because you were cutting down pre-fight?

I know you aren't a big fan of protein powders, but are there any that you would recommend? Aside from hemp protein.

2/15/13 6:44 PM
Neil McCauley

Mike ... say I did two-a-days 7 days a week for 2 weeks in a row, with minimal sleep, a lot of sex and cannabis usage. Would that be enough to drop normally high test levels to the point where I could get an exemption? Is this sort of thing being done to get healthy athletes an a performance boost?
2/15/13 7:14 PM
Cementhead
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the strengthcoach, This thread is a great read. Learned tons of helpful info!
2/15/13 7:24 PM
strengthcoach
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simpleman17 - complete noob question:<br />when you say change up the workout every 3 weeks: do you mean the ENTIRE workout out or just the type of exercise?<br /> example: fit for life work out for three weeks then something entirely different OR just changing the type of lift?

BTW getting old sucks! I eat right 6 days a week (just being honest not 7) I am getting incredibly strong (about USMC days) but can't loose any weight (even went down a pant size). Hard to run more than 3 miles when carrying 240.

The body adapts very quickly.
Change the volume, intensity, method & demand of exercise.
Jog v sprint
Barbells v bodyweight
Muay thai v bjj
Every three weeks a new goal should be set.
Keeps the mind engaged also.
2/15/13 7:28 PM
strengthcoach
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

snowman95 - What's your take on Soy products? I've heard that it mimics estrogen but as an alternative to dairy?

95% of soy in the USA is Genetically Modified (GMO) and I don't go much further.
I am aware of the possible link to estrogen production but don't consider it because I would choose to eat a piece of plywood before I chose to eat a GMO product.
2/15/13 7:42 PM
strengthcoach

thebigsexybeast -  Mr. Dolce, I'm diabetic and I wanted yo know if your books and programs are diabetic friendly? If not, do you have knowledge in diabetes and do you plan on writing a book for diabetic fighters or a program? You're a wizard Mr. Dolce, thank you VERY MUCH for your time...The Beast Has Spoken.............! Phone Post

Take my book, Living Lean, to your doctor's office and ask him / her to read it and help you find recipes that would be safe for you to eat.

Or, ask him / her if there are any recipes NOT safe for you to eat.

We have many reports of people from around the world with blood sugar sensitivities thriving on the principles taught in Living Lean.

Of course, your doctor must approve any life change but will appreciate your efforts to control your health.

Yes, we will be releasing a book later this year digging into those topics.
2/15/13 7:42 PM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you think about Anderson Silva fighting at 170  lbs?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/435888/Dana-White-Anderson-Silva-says-he-can-make-170-easy/

2/15/13 7:54 PM
strengthcoach

Petey B -  Hi Mike, thanks for this.

1. Other than fruits and veggies, coconut oil, seeds, nuts, oats, herbs, spices, can you give us some of your favorite foods and flavoring ingredients you use on those foods?

2. How do feel about white potatoes, white rice, brown rice for healthy eating?

3. Your favorite proteins?

Thanks again. Phone Post

1- I don't use 'flavor ingredients' but instead look to unlock the natural flavor of each individual food source and look deeper still into finding those natural flavors that compliment each other.

2- I am not against the white sugars but understand their very strong power as an insulin disruptor. I tend to eat white products directly after a workout or alongside slower digesting health fats. Even still, I eat 2/3 slower digesting carbs, outside of fresh fruits.

3- All proteins. Plant & animal, make their way onto my plate. I do stick with the most vital and live that I can and stay away from as many 'man made improvements' as within my control.
2/15/13 7:56 PM
strengthcoach

yabadaba - 

What do you think about Anderson Silva fighting at 170  lbs?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/435888/Dana-White-Anderson-Silva-says-he-can-make-170-easy/

...IN!
2/15/13 8:08 PM
diggity

this is brilliant. thank you to all involved.

Mike, have you checked out the 'clean and lean diet series'? the new one for men has a foreword by roger Gracie. wouild love your opinion.

2/15/13 8:11 PM
Fight! UK Online
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for some info.

2/15/13 9:30 PM
QuadAces
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN Phone Post
2/15/13 9:56 PM
Stea1th

What do you think of the warrior diet? Phone Post
2/15/13 10:09 PM
James Thorpe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/15/13 10:51 PM
ToxMo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread Phone Post
2/15/13 10:55 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/15/13 11:06 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope it wasn't already asked...thoughts on Wheatgrass shots? I've bee taking one every morning right after the gym then eat a Acai Bowl... Heard its better to take them in the afternoon or evening? Phone Post
2/15/13 11:11 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
Kirik - 

This is the best Q&A since we started them in 1998.

Agreed!!

Phone Post
2/15/13 11:45 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread.
Do you take into consideration the impact your training program has on an athletes minds? How do you approach this? What do you do for athletes to keep their minds sharp and their spirits and confidence high?

Because I have a somewhat demanding job I've had to incorporate this into my life. For example, if I know I have to speak at a meeting I will increase my heavy lifting a few weeks before and eat only protein and kale 24 hours before. I've found this makes my mind sharp and able to handle high pressure meetings. I'd love to get even better at this. I swear, doing this is just as important as doing the prep homework before a high intensity meeting. Phone Post
2/16/13 5:22 AM
bigD13B
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
2/16/13 6:42 AM
SerotoninStorm

Hey mike,

I'm a broke college student and father. After bills are paid there is hardly any money left. I started mma training 2 months ago and LOVE IT!! Now I'm ready to tackle my nasty eating habits, but I've noticed at the grocery stores that eating healthy can be really really expensive. What would you suggest for healthy living on a budget

Thanks
2/16/13 7:03 AM
Hansumboy

Subbed for info
2/16/13 7:33 AM
Sudo21
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SerotoninStorm - Hey mike,

I'm a broke college student and father. After bills are paid there is hardly any money left. I started mma training 2 months ago and LOVE IT!! Now I'm ready to tackle my nasty eating habits, but I've noticed at the grocery stores that eating healthy can be really really expensive. What would you suggest for healthy living on a budget

Thanks

He has good books. You can find plenty of recipes there that aren't to expensive but are healthy.

People always think that eating healthy costs a lot, but you can eat healthy and spend shit load of money.
2/16/13 8:19 AM
Chisel Chest
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.