UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/17/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Robbied01
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/17/13 7:04 PM
Snufulufugus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/17/13 8:10 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

!!!

2/17/13 8:57 PM
UGCTT_Neanderthal Peen
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, good thread. Phone Post
2/18/13 2:31 AM
BTR
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Mike. Great thread. Thanks for all the info.

If you're still answering questions I have one relating to your breakfast bowl... sounds great but I've read that eating grains and oats with fruit has a negative affect on the way your digestive system processes the fruit - that you should eat your fruits and wait a little while before consuming the oats and grains.

Have you heard of any such arguments? Obviously you and your athletes feel safe and healthy mixing it all together but curious if you've heard this claim and your general thoughts on it.

FInally, how do you feel about the raw food diet? Are you down with David Jubb? I'm sure it was partially psychological but when he had his restaurant in NYC I used to feel amazing for hours after eating his food.

Thanks again!
2/18/13 2:56 AM
dannyapodaca
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N for a great thread. Thanks Phone Post
2/18/13 11:30 AM
Lucy D
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diamon Thread..

...How can I tweet this and add it to my FB profile?

Get more ppl in here.....

2/19/13 2:04 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
JamesDean57 - Really appreciate you doing this.
What do you recommend for a sweet tooth.

My pleasure. I suggest frozen red grapes for a sweet tooth. These are absolutely amazing. Also YouTube my video called blueberry madness. That recipe is awesome if you have a sweet tooth.
Dude! Chowing down on some frozen red grapes right now as suggested and they are amazing! Better than candy or a popsicle and actually kind of somewhere in between in taste and texture haha. Great question and tip! Phone Post
2/19/13 9:16 AM
Snufulufugus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Roadkill - 
Snufulufugus - Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing this. I know you are proud of what you do...as you should be. It is a great gift to be able to lead people towards a path of better health. With so many things that we can not control, nutrition seems to a fundamental component to our health and lifestyle that we can direct.

With that said, being a single father and working full time, I am finding it hard to keep fresh produce in the fridge. I am trying to teach my 4 year old son to eat clean. Every morning i start the day with supplement called green vibrance ( purchased on amazon).

Mike, can you comment on using these plant powders as a supplement? Also, can you please point me towards some foods/meals you feel a four year old would have interest in?

Thank you again and I do look forward to reading your books.

Dan
I'm in a similar situation. Hard to keep fresh produce and eat clean with small children. Look forward to an answer on foods/recipes for them. Phone Post

Mike, wanted to add another question...what are your thoughts about the consumer reports story on arsenic in brown rice.

Thanks again in advance.

Dan
2/19/13 12:59 PM
BCE got stomped by Overseers Bigfoot
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Research purposes Phone Post
2/19/13 9:41 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top Phone Post
2/19/13 9:46 PM
Blackbeltpanda
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subs Phone Post
2/19/13 9:51 PM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subtle Phone Post
2/20/13 7:59 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/13 8:03 AM

Some stuff I found regarding grams of protein in the sources we usually use (not the best).

Chicken Chicken breast, 3.5 oz – 30 grams protein Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size) Drumstick – 11 grams Wing – 6 grams Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

Fish Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce Tuna, 6 oz can – 40 grams of protein

Pork Pork chop, average – 22 grams protein Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams

Beef Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Eggs and Dairy Egg, large – 6 grams protein Milk, 1 cup – 8 grams Cottage cheese, ½ cup – 15 grams Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz

Beans (including soy) Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams Soy milk, 1 cup – 6 -10 grams Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams

Nuts and Seeds Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons – 8 grams protein Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

2/20/13 8:39 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Some stuff I found regarding grams of protein in the sources we usually use (not the best).

Chicken Chicken breast, 3.5 oz – 30 grams protein Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size) Drumstick – 11 grams Wing – 6 grams Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

Fish Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce Tuna, 6 oz can – 40 grams of protein

Pork Pork chop, average – 22 grams protein Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams

Beef Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Eggs and Dairy Egg, large – 6 grams protein Milk, 1 cup – 8 grams Cottage cheese, ½ cup – 15 grams Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz

Beans (including soy) Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams Soy milk, 1 cup – 6 -10 grams Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams

Nuts and Seeds Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons – 8 grams protein Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

Your the man Zip... Thanks for the breakdown Phone Post
2/20/13 10:43 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

If u guys aren't keen to Mike's podcast definitely check it out. It's fairly new, only like 10-15 episodes so far. It's amazing. He has Thiago Alves on this past week as a guest telling his story and its an excellent listen. Phone Post
2/20/13 10:45 AM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Thanks Zipp

2/20/13 10:47 AM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
UGCTT_SidRival -  If u guys aren't keen to Mike's podcast definitely check it out. It's fairly new, only like 10-15 episodes so far. It's amazing. He has Thiago Alves on this past week as a guest telling his story and its an excellent listen. Phone Post

You have a link? Or is it posted within thread

2/20/13 12:15 PM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike,

Watermelon and popcorn are two foods that I really like, are these allowed in the Dolce Diet?
2/20/13 12:42 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

RickStorm -
UGCTT_SidRival -  If u guys aren't keen to Mike's podcast definitely check it out. It's fairly new, only like 10-15 episodes so far. It's amazing. He has Thiago Alves on this past week as a guest telling his story and its an excellent listen. Phone Post

You have a link? Or is it posted within thread

I believe this is it.

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mike-dolce-show/id591709101?mt=2 Phone Post
2/20/13 1:39 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Not a god damn morsel of 'vote ups' !

Rick, could you have Jason give me 100 of yours ?  You have plenty Hoss.

;-)

2/20/13 1:41 PM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Not a god damn morsel of 'vote ups' !

Rick, could you have Jason give me 100 of yours ?  You have plenty Hoss.

;-)

UP, I got your back!
2/20/13 1:43 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Out To Lunch - Mike,

Watermelon and popcorn are two foods that I really like, are these allowed in the Dolce Diet?

OTL-

I would think watermelon in moderation will get a thumbs up.  Naturally sweet, so he will probably say in moderation.

The popcorn he's going to say 'popped in oil equals bad' .  But I wonder if you can make it in a teaspoon of coconut oil ? 

anyway, good questions, looking forward to the answers.

2/20/13 1:45 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Thanx OTL :-)  I wasa really just sparring with Storm :-) We do it daily.

2/20/13 1:49 PM
Out To Lunch

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 
Out To Lunch - Mike,

OTL-

I would think watermelon in moderation will get a thumbs up.  Naturally sweet, so he will probably say in moderation.

The popcorn he's going to say 'popped in oil equals bad' .  But I wonder if you can make it in a teaspoon of coconut oil ? 

anyway, good questions, looking forward to the answers.

Coconut oil popcorn? not sure how that would taste. I'm easing into the Dolce diet, so far I don'tlike the taste of Ezekial bread with almond butter, but I know there are other foods I can try.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.